Soleninja

2,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:59 pm
Please feel free t post or pm me...........I only know the 9th and 10th Doc. xp
Edited by seffy:
Please post things you think might help newcomers to our fandom.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:41 pm
Some good places to start:

Wikipedia - Dr. Who
BBC classic series site
BBC new series site
Outpost Gallifrey  

Hairy Priest
Vice Captain

Star_Lily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:19 am

This is completely off-topic but:

Seriously. It's like some new corollary of Godwin's Law. How long can a question thread go without citing Wikipedia?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:54 am
Star_Lily
Seriously. It's like some new corollary of Godwin's Law. How long can a question thread go without citing Wikipedia?

Wikipedia... it's practically an automated response for me now. xd

Is now a good time to mention Hitler?  

Hairy Priest
Vice Captain

Roobarb
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:51 am
SeiryokuX
Please feel free t post or pm me...........I only know the 9th and 10th Doc. xp

Well I know it seems a bit of a silly place to start seeing as how a lot of people thought it was a little messed up but can I suggest watching the TV Movie with Paul McGann? It's good because it had plenty of references to the old series whilst being more in the style of the new. And even if it has it's terrible bits it's very easy to watch.

Also then there are several 'classic' old series episodes. But if I mentioned them then we'd all get into endless debate about which are the best to watch... Luckily the DVDs are coming out in sort of an odd order but with some of the better episodes so you could just pick some from each Doctor. There's at least 2 or 3 from each Doctor out at the mo. If that's how you watch Doctor Who of course... xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:08 pm
The first episode I ever saw was the Five Doctors. I already had a little bit of background from reading the books as a little kid, but I would say the Five Doctors is good to get to know the original series. (It finally showed me what a Dalek looked like! And I figured out that a police box was not a box of donuts.) Anyway, it shows a quick character overview of the first five Doctors, and really, thats the best part of original Doctor Who.  

Psmith

Fox J. McCloud

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:26 pm
Kay, ten Doctor's out of the Time Lord process of regeneration. He's 900 years old (according to him), he has a big blue 1950's Police Public Call Box which is actually a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space) with a malfunctioning chameleon circuit. He has a sonic screwdriver. I can practically tell you most things about the Doctor. Honest.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:47 am
Fox J. McCloud
Kay, ten Doctor's out of the Time Lord process of regeneration. He's 900 years old (according to him), he has a big blue 1950's Police Public Call Box which is actually a TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension In Space) with a malfunctioning chameleon circuit. He has a sonic screwdriver. I can practically tell you most things about the Doctor. Honest.

Then you would know he's gotta be at least 1300.  

samhogarth

Patron of Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:31 am
My grandmother's got a whole collection of videos from all the doctors, thats how I know them~ But yeah, Wikipedia has tons of information regarding Doctor Who.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:33 am
samhogarth
Fox J. McCloud

Ther are quite a few inconsistencies throughout the series. ^^;  

Patron of Twilight

Rhiannon2006

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:50 pm
A couple of other sites good sites with DW info are www.geocities.com/willbswift/docwho1.html and www.physics.mun.ca/~sps/tv.html

The second one has a breakdown of the episodes starting with the first Doctor and goes through the current Doctor (David Tennant). Hope those help! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:56 am
bbc.co.uk/doctorwho is a pretty informative website as well, if you click on "Classic Series"  

Psmith

Soleninja

2,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:33 am
3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:49 pm
i love doc ter who!  

naruto410

Bookworm24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:28 am
samhogarth
Fox J. McCloud

I am Doctor Cheese and banana sandwich, aka Aimee. I probably the most about doctor who out of all doctor who fans, after watching it for 6 months! I am constantly quoting the programme, and I have made a 100 question quiz about it!

I answer to your statement, if the Doctor was 263 when he 'borrowed' the TARDIS, as quoted from The Ribos Operation , and is has been travelling in it for 900 years, then he would be 1163! This is assuming he uses Earth years, not Gallifreyan!  
The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff