Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Sailormoon and Sentai

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I am The Compendium

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:05 pm
I've been watching some sentai shows from japan.

First, two groups of rangers had to save the earth by showering the Flower of Heaven with a huge amount of love to prevent hte flower from killing all the love in the world.

Next, the power of love and friendship (not those exact words, but hte same message) is the storngest force in Kamenrider Kabuto. The power peice to the sentai that made them transform legt one guy because he was too mean and went to someone else yelling 'I will protect everyone!'

I think Sailormoon is a sentai with short skirts, less spandex, and no masks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:11 pm
well in the mangas, Naoko's original design was with masks.  

ElaborateDream

I am The Compendium

Learned Gaian

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:55 pm
I meant ranger type masks.

In Kamenrider, one sentai goes around fixing people up with make up and then shouts 'make up!' It's such a cute joke  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:24 pm
oh okies *^_^*  

ElaborateDream

Syndrama

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:25 am
Sailor Moon is indeed, a magical girl sentai. As proven by the Live Acton recreation of the manga (with some creative liberties taken by Toei... again stare ) named Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon, in which they fight just like a Sentai Team. It's even classified as Tokusatsu in Japan.

Sailor Moon's also had a MAJOR effect on the Japanese Community. Everyone parodies it in one way or another, and if it was created after 1992, there's probably a reference to Sailor Moon in it. Even Yu Yu Hakusho, which was created by Naoko's husband, has a reference during one arc (Look closely... Kurama-sama is Kamen-sama!).  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:07 am
yep, Sailor Moon revolutionized the Magical Girl genre by being the first sentai style for the genre

without it, there would be no Tokyo Mew Mew or Wedding Peach and any other maho shoujo that mimicks it  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items