What is that called? D:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Its Cookie Time!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:35 am
So a few years ago I got my lobes pierced for the second time
but the person doing it seriously ******** it up.
It's way too low and off to the side.
:[
So I was thinking of getting something like this done.
If I remember corectly there is a name for havign the three peircings in a triangle like that
but I dunno what it's called.
I would just feel really stupid walking into the shop and not knowing what I what done is called.
D:

Also you guys can talk about how you made peircings that turned out bad look good.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:17 pm
if it's called anything, i don't know what it is, but i just wanted to say i kind of have it already (but not stretched) because when i was a baby my mom took me to a doctor to get my lobes pierced, who did them way way too high, so when i was 8 i re-did them underneath but they never closed, and then over the years i got the second one etc, so i pretty much have that, though i never knew there was a name for it. if you don't find out, just say you want a lobe piercing over the one you already have, and..... point to it lol  

[NUTs]

Aetherna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:16 pm
I was just looking at that photo earlier on today...

As far as I know, that design does not have a formal name; it's simply a cluster of piercings.

If you want to be very specific with a design, I would draw it out on paper, though stating a "triangle" of piercings would work as well. Just make sure the piercer marks the spots and asks you if you like it. smile

I had my lobes pierced a second time when I was younger, and later retired as they were gunned and I did not care for the work- done unevenly.

My septum piercing was also retired due to its placement; when pressure was put on the tip of my nose, even if it was gently, it hurt. I'd like to redo it, but I'll have a good discussion with the piercer regarding the placement.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:19 pm
When you say "triangle", I think of something else 3nodding  

Terragar

Aetherna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:05 pm
Terragar

Yes, I do as well. sweatdrop

Just uh... make sure to mention you want the piercings on your ear, Ninjakitty713, and not somewhere... lower. gonk sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:42 pm
Aetherna
Terragar

Yes, I do as well. sweatdrop

Just uh... make sure to mention you want the piercings on your ear, Ninjakitty713, and not somewhere... lower. gonk sweatdrop

dskfjgh
D:
Yes.
Of course.
>.>;;

Its Cookie Time!

FreakForce

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:35 am
I´m gonne get one of those in my tung.
I have to punch it but still...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:32 am
FreakForce
I´m gonne get one of those in my tung.
I have to punch it but still...

I have seen 3 piercings done on a tongue; 2 venoms (side of the tongue) and one center. I have not seen or heard of a person getting a dermal punch through their tongue - all largue guage tongue piercings I know of were achieved by stretching a standard size piercing over time or used a large gauged needle.

The tongue is one hell of a thick muscle, and it seems generally safer to pierce/stretch rather than punch, in my opinion. You can achieve a rather large size by using a needle - a 6gauge needle can still cut through clean (I think needles are manufactured a few gauges larger as well.)  

Aetherna

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:03 pm
I don't know if there is a name for it. Just take in the picture and get them to do it that way.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:41 am
i also don't believe there is a real name for it. don't feel stupid not knowing what it's called, they're not expecting their customers to be piercing experts. you're paying THEM to be experts.

as a sidenote, the rainbow dichro plug in the picture she posted is H-O-T.  

Rohypnolsicle

CandyCaneRazorBlade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:26 am
thugitlikethis
i also don't believe there is a real name for it. don't feel stupid not knowing what it's called, they're not expecting their customers to be piercing experts. you're paying THEM to be experts.

as a sidenote, the rainbow dichro plug in the picture she posted is H-O-T.

I have those plugs 3nodding
They're goddamn expensive though gonk  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:07 pm
Wouldn't it be considerably dangerous to punch your tongue, considering the vein that runs through it?

I dont think a piercer would actually punch it, considering they warn you about piercing it at a regular size.  

Akiko Himura

mammary gland

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:06 pm
Akiko Himura
Wouldn't it be considerably dangerous to punch your tongue, considering the vein that runs through it?

I dont think a piercer would actually punch it, considering they warn you about piercing it at a regular size.

I don't think any piercer would do it, honestly. I'd assume it's way too inaccurate for all of the damage it could do. Plus, I hear that punching soft tissue can get tricky because it will stretch up slightly immediately after being punched. I only know this because I recently asked my piercer the same question. haha  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:23 pm
That's really cool looking, but I think my earlobes are a bit too tiny for it to work.  

Lili Marlene

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff