Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
Guild improvement

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:43 pm
Post anything that you think could be done to improve the guild and the captain, myself and the crew will try to help as soon as we can.

Thanks for your help in improving the guild. biggrin
Jagged  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:34 pm
I have several suggestions:

1. An advertisement thread in the public Guild Forums. I'd make it artsy and descriptive with maybe a "What's Happenning Now" section briefly in the first post and a description or list of all the subforums in the guild. Also with a picture or two as well as a separate second post with a list of members and links to other sites.

2. More subforums with different topics. Here's a few suggestions were I running the guild:
Ghosts
Vampires
Werewolves
Roleplaying
TV Shows/Entertainment
Cryptozoology
Myths, Legends, Folklore
Superstitions
Witchcraft, Wicca, Magicks
UFOs, Extraterrestrials, Alien Encounters
An Art Subforum

Then of course the main forum could be renamed and feature the Welcome and Introduction Stickies. Other than that, it could be reserved primarily for Announcements, Guild Happenings, and Contests.

3. Contests. Ask for donations occassionally for good contests by setting up a guild mule for that sole purpose. Have best story contests, personal experience contests, Bump contests, Avatar themed contests, etc. Of course they don't have to be all at once, but every now and then they are fun.

4. Events: Mainly similar to the Gaia events like Halloween, Prom, Summer Festivals, Valentines Day. Granted we can't do actual Biting, Kissing, and Dancing things, but dates and times could be set for Balls (rping -based), Fishing Events or other events that people can participate in--for example, a time when people can meet up in Gaia Pinball, etc. Games in some of the subforums like trivia challenges for the TV/Entertainment subforum, or a "Name That Creature" game in the Cryptozoology subforum where you describe a creature and people guess what it is.

5. A re-vamping of the Roleplaying Subforum with storylines and people bringing in their characters so long as they stay within the parameters of the general overall storyline, but letting them add their creative differences of course.

6. Finally some pictures in the posts and better pictures on the Guild Homepage and even the Advertisement thread. This would also mean some banners and buttons too of course. A Banner contest might even be a good idea, never know.

That's a few of them for now. Lemme know what you think.

User Image

Draketooth Silvertongue

Dapper Sex Symbol

12,900 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:30 pm
Okey dokey, here goes...
*Stretches arms and crack's knuckles*

Well, now that I've got into university and got many different bits of my life sorted out, let's get this all on track. The guild captain seems to have vanished without a trace, and I have been missing far too much, for that I am sorry.

Let's get this up and running and see what we can do, eh? biggrin

Now then, Gabriel_Alex, where to start...that's quite a list there.

I will probably be re-doing the advert thread in the public guild forums, as the first few are no doubt lost without a trace. I'm open for ideas of designs, graphics and information to put on said advert page, so all are welcome to drop me a line on that one.

Now, Subforums, that's a bit of a sore point. I've put in a fair bit of gold into this guild in the past, which has supplied the current subforums, however new ones require yet more gold. I can easily change the names we have already and reorganise everything we have at the moment, and then as more gold comes in, we can tweak things until it's just right.

Point 3, Contests. This is a good idea, though not one I shall likely put into play until the guild is active again. I can create a new mule account for this seeing as the original one was run by the Guild Captain.

Events, now this is one I enjoy. Before my life got all hectic and messy, I really enjoyed running these, so no complaints from me here. I will happily set up official ones, or if a member manages to set one up before myself I can place the guilds backing behind one. If there are particular events that people would like to have run, just drop me a line.

I agree that the Role-playing Sub needs to be re-vamped, having new story lines put forward and organised, with perhaps people to over view the role-playing section to make sure it runs smoothly with rules abided by and so on.

And as for the graphics we have? YES! We need new ones. I look back at the ones I did and shiver, and those were some of the better ones apparently. Really people, we need new ones. guild graphic design is an open thing, if you have ideas, put some together, or mention what you'd like to see and we can try and put things together for you.

Right, let's get this all on the road and running. this guild has lain quiet for too long. Let's move this thing! biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:27 pm
Right now, this guild is really inactive. I think we need to pull some of the most loyal members together and do an event for the public to get more attention.

Since this is a Supernatural and Paranormal based guild, I say we do a Halloween event.

AlskaNoelle

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff