Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
Summonings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:46 am
This is a thread for general information about sumonings.
These can be ghost, demon or other forms of summoning. We will also be able to compare the different ways that it is done and see if there are any ways in which they are alike.
What different protections are used? Are any symbols involved?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:10 am
Please don't try evoking if you have no idea what you are doing. People have done so before, thinking they can control what comes through.... and when they cannot... the creature runs rampant. I knew an example of this in Seattle, Washington.

Now, the correct way to summon a creature... if you wish to, would be to first cleanse the area where you are working. If inside, use either a salt water mixture or a vinegar water mixtures and wipe down the floors and walls... and just about every inch of the room. As you do this, keep the image in your mind of washing away filth and negativity. As soon as it is spotless, you can begin the next step.

Next, you build your Circle; an area in the air around you that is "Your space"... nothing can penetrate it... nothing can harm you in it. It works a bit like personal shielding and wards. You use your mind to construct it, then put it into use. It is extremely important to have the strongest and most stable circle up as possible. Again, summoning is very risky.

After the room is cleansed and your circle is established... the next part is a bit more personal. Depending on your beliefs... you can call upon your Deity/Deities for aid.

Personally, I am Asatru, so I use my Gods and runes (The Elder Futhark) to follow out the rest of the summoning. Ceremonial magic is not "my thing"... but I have done it about ten times in my lifetime, if not a little more.

Here's a link of what the Elder Futhark symbols look like:

http://asatru.org/runes.html

They are difficult to learn... but once mastered... they are a powerful tool.  

Ciora

Nyctalopia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:23 am
I've always found, personally, that it's easy to invite the presence of angels, or at least some sort of benevolent protector that is not readily visible to me. There's an old Aramaic road prayer, "Maranatha," which means "Come, Lord." Whenever I need aid, support--I simply say it with the intention to invite my protectors into my area.

Now, these protectors remind me of the Bunraku puppeteers that Martha Beck talked about in her book, Expecting Adam, and I don't really know what they are.  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games