Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Im sorry, but grrr to the dubbed version!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Japanese or English!!!
  Japanese, duh!!!
  English!!
View Results

Heavenly_Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:24 am
I cant stand the dubbed version!!

Scouts? They arent girl scouts who make tents and follow trails!!! Theyre soldiers!!! Senshi!!!

I wish they would call them stupid names like that...and Mini Moon makes Chibiusa sound stupid, even though she is a brat..

Stick with the original Japanese version all the way!!!

--sorry for the rant but it really annoys me--  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:29 pm
i grew up with the American version. I don't like to watch the japanese, because i don't like to read the words instead of hearing them.  

beachvolleygirl10

User_8572

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:50 pm
Completely Agree with you, sure, I thank them for dubbing it because I wouldn't have discovered it without that... but once you see the Japanese Original one you CAN NOT go back to hearing Sailor Scouts without cringing in pain. I wouldn't mind so much if they dubbed it right and didn't cut out everything and ruin the voices but beside all that it was ...ok... But by fav, Usagi is by far the cutest anime character and I love her cute Japanese voice whispering "Aishiteru Mamo-chan" heart
And about the subtitles, I believe reading makes a person smarter, even if its reading on tv.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:51 pm
Oh, and might I say you have a delicious boyfriend.  

User_8572

Harajukuboy_14

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:28 pm
Heavenly_Frozen

Scouts? They arent girl scouts who make tents and follow trails!!! Theyre soldiers!!! Senshi!!!

I wish they would call them stupid names like that...and Mini Moon makes Chibiusa sound stupid, even though she is a brat..

I agree. it irks me also stressed . I'd take the Japanese version and read subtitles anyday 3nodding

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:10 pm
Kawaki
Oh, and might I say you have a delicious boyfriend.

I know isnt he gorgeous!!! heart heart im so lucky, i never thought he would ever like me!!! He kept his feelings to himself all those years and only told me like 3 months ago!!  

Heavenly_Frozen

Heavenly_Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:13 pm
Kawaki
Completely Agree with you, sure, I thank them for dubbing it because I wouldn't have discovered it without that... but once you see the Japanese Original one you CAN NOT go back to hearing Sailor Scouts without cringing in pain. I wouldn't mind so much if they dubbed it right and didn't cut out everything and ruin the voices but beside all that it was ...ok... But by fav, Usagi is by far the cutest anime character and I love her cute Japanese voice whispering "Aishiteru Mamo-chan" heart
And about the subtitles, I believe reading makes a person smarter, even if its reading on tv.

Yup yup, so true!!!^^ i found Sailormoon because i have a chinese friend who showed me the original version and translated for me back in lower school, so whenever i heard the dubbed i cringe also...im just used to good voice acting, cant help that now can i hehe!! wink  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:18 pm
Harajukuboy_14
Heavenly_Frozen

I agree. it irks me also stressed . I'd take the Japanese version and read subtitles anyday 3nodding

You cant get better than the original ^^  

Heavenly_Frozen

ChibiWitch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:21 pm
The first time I saw Sailor Moon it was the english version and I was 14 or 15. But of corse I ended up loving it so much that I couldn't wait around for them to dubb the rest of it. So I started to buy all the seasons after what had not been dubbed and fell in love with the Jap. version even more. So I would have to say the Jap. Version is way better then the American by far. If you havent seen the show in it's orginal version, then you havent really seen the show at all. At least not the way it was meant to be seen.
That's how I feel and im stick-n to it.
^_^
-ChibiWitch-  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:24 pm
bump  

ChibiWitch

Heavenly_Frozen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:54 pm
ChibiWitch
The first time I saw Sailor Moon it was the english version and I was 14 or 15. But of corse I ended up loving it so much that I couldn't wait around for them to dubb the rest of it. So I started to buy all the seasons after what had not been dubbed and fell in love with the Jap. version even more. So I would have to say the Jap. Version is way better then the American by far. If you havent seen the show in it's orginal version, then you havent really seen the show at all. At least not the way it was meant to be seen.
That's how I feel and im stick-n to it.
^_^
-ChibiWitch-

Hehe yeah i agree, you cant possibly be a proper fan of SM unless you've seen the original in all it's glory!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:26 pm
I can't stand the dubbed version of it. It's just so horrible. Stupid "translations," painful voice acting, leaving out episodes and stuff like that, and let's not mention turning Haruka and Michiru into "cousins." I only like the Japanese version.  

Sahara An

Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces