Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
HELP!!! I'm so bad at backgrounds....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:33 pm
Here's the picture I drew and colored.... its needs something for a background, because I'm going to take it and hang it up on my wall in my office.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And here's the original in black and white. As you can see, it has lily pads and stuff around it, so I'll probably do something more abstract along those lines, I just don't know what color to do it in or anything. Or if it should be lighter or darker than the flower....

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

HELP!!! Thanks! smile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:37 pm
Maybe it will look fine with a dark blue border? I'm thinking along a simple theme here, since the flower itself is rather detailed. Also, I think the it looks great as is, being the center of attention.

Sorry if it's not a very good suggestion . . . I'm not very good with backgrounds. sweatdrop  

Kitsunehime

myst_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:42 pm
hmm..I don't know. I never do backgrounds for my pictures. Maybe just a simple design behind it, like swirls...maybe red swirls...maybe green..lol, idk, sorry. But great drawing anyways biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:31 pm
You might try a water background. Since it's penciled, CG would look wierd, but maybe you could try to make a calm water look. Along the lines of the pads, you could try a flat green BG with dispersed hard lines for the pad edges...er, that's what I'd try, but I'm no expert. sweatdrop  

Foxor

Mayu Po

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:30 am
My suggestion is to definitely make the lily pad more vibrant and noticeable. Then use a colored pencil to sketch in the lily pads and water. Make sure you do it very lightly, so it won't distract the eyes from the lily.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games