Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Can you say, STE-RE-O-TYPES? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sterotype?
  Yeah...
  Not yet.
View Results

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:30 am
"Evelyn can save us because she knows kung fu"

WHAT?!!!

Yeah, they were talking about this red truck coming by on our bustop in the morning when we go to school one day. People were coming out, until one of our neighbors (Who's an adult/parent) came out. Then they got back in the car super fast and drove away. So, on the bus on the way to school, one of the kids (Who was a neighbor) said, "Evelyn can save us because she knows kung fu." Now, I was always quiet, and I was facing front, ignoring them. But I turned my head over and just said, "What?!"

Anyone have any sterotype experience? So far, I've had only one. o.O

Also, watch this video:

A c***k In The Armor

I hope you have QuickTime. o.O

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:55 pm
where do you live?
here at least every month i face racism in my neighborhood, and at least every two weeks i face stereotypes such as those. it's so common lately that it's just something i'm used to.  

stolendashes

hip2b^2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:28 pm
Oh HELL yeah! But it's always been ok for me, so far they've been from my friends and I know they're joking and they know I know they're joking. When I was little, my god, it was terrible sad But I was wayy too naive to realize just how bad it really was neutral

man people are stupid, I hate people!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:14 pm
stolendashes
where do you live?
here at least every month i face racism in my neighborhood, and at least every two weeks i face stereotypes such as those. it's so common lately that it's just something i'm used to.

Wow. Well, I live in Charlotte, North Carolina. Racism only happens at school. D:  

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:08 am
Bristol, UK. A little, but not too much. At school there are too many Chinese people, stereotypes don't work xD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:37 am
Does the word "boff" or "beast" count as a stereotype?
I hear those words a lot in my school apart from the occasional "fight me!"
Plus I have been called a "boff" last year just because I had high marks for most tests and that I never get detention ¬_¬
But this year no one called me that, after I acheived the art of "evil glare" and "affective insults" twisted

` T a p i o c a `

Night Rain55

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:09 pm
Yeah, people stereotyped me a lot (not only a racial stereotype, label stereotype as well).

This stupid teacher at school saw me and my friends fooling around at our lockers, the dumb old lady went "HEY YOU! The CHINESE GIRL!" She said that to my Viet friend. Like wtf? Do I call that damn French Canadian woman an American? NO! Sheesh... Stupid racist teachers... They're allowed to call us all Chinese because they're white and we're immigrants? stare There are quite a number of racist teachers... imagine the students! Dx My friend came over to my city, and a buddhist White woman greeted my Asian friend in an Asian way because she quickly suspected that my Asian friend is a budhist since she's Asian. But the thing is, I'm Asian and I'm not a budhist. I hate being stereotyped.
neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:13 pm
lol. i've quickly gotten rid of the sterotypes my friends once beleived in. yes, not all aisans are smart (and some are common sense retarded), and if you get the aisan mad, we won't pull any kung fu on you... oh no... we bite and we draw blood so watch out m*thrf*ker!! lol rofl  

yalie5

XvXYuNiEXvX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 2:37 pm
Ya, I have. Buts its only my friends, they just play around thats all. Im kinda use to it not really. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:41 am
OF COURSE!!! If you chinese people automaticly assume that you know Kung fu, are super smart, speak weird noises like ching chang chong or other words ITS SO ANNOYING! My friends have it lucky they live in a district full of asians and Chinese so NO ONE!! Absouloutly NO ONE makes fun of them for it because its like more then 2/3rds of the population is asian. *sigh* so lucky  

lollerskater123321

lollerskater123321

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:46 am
Night Rain55
Yeah, people stereotyped me a lot (not only a racial stereotype, label stereotype as well).

This stupid teacher at school saw me and my friends fooling around at our lockers, the dumb old lady went "HEY YOU! The CHINESE GIRL!" She said that to my Viet friend. Like wtf? Do I call that damn French Canadian woman an American? NO! Sheesh... Stupid racist teachers... They're allowed to call us all Chinese because they're white and we're immigrants? stare There are quite a number of racist teachers... imagine the students! Dx My friend came over to my city, and a buddhist White woman greeted my Asian friend in an Asian way because she quickly suspected that my Asian friend is a budhist since she's Asian. But the thing is, I'm Asian and I'm not a budhist. I hate being stereotyped.
neutral
wait....where are you from??? because that exact same thing happened to my friend except it was a boy that called her little Chinese girl when she was really viet.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:16 am
Yeah.. I'm black.. I'm so used to racism I'm surprised when people DON'T say something stupid.

I used to deny saying I was black and chinese , becuase most assumed i was a ho afterward.  

FoxyChoklatRobot2

[priscilla]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:13 pm
Uhmm, yup.
"Well, Priscilla knows kung fu."
"Of course you're smart! You're chinese!"
"Here, little asian/chinese girl!

People also love doing the oh, so famous imitation of Chinese with their "ching, chong." etc. It's kind of sad, and it's really annoying. My friend did that once, he's not chinese, but he's asian, and it really pissed me off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:38 am
LOL, that's funny because I'm usually the oppisite of those sterotypes, aside from the fact that I am studying Kungfu for self defence purposes and fitness.

I can't drive yet, seeing as I'm not old enough, my Chinese is rather bad and my grades were below avrage(I'm not an 80's student) Still a funny video though.  

Zero Murasame

JhonnyRaincloud

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:50 am
Where does this "Ching Chang Chong" thing come from anyway? I don't even know what it means!  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff