Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
Is Anyone Else Here A Pacifist? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a pacisfist?
  Yes
  No
  Poll Whore
  COOKIE!!!
View Results

Evangelion_01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:03 pm
I am a pacifist. For anyone who doesn't know what that means, it means that I don't believe in violence. Peace is the way man. (I wish there was a peace smiley face). Anyways, I only allow fighting if it is for a just cause. For example...not the war in Iraq... but if I see like my friends wrestling around and just joking, I might even join in...but I'm a big dude, and I try not to hurt them... mrgreen . I hate most wars, becaause they do not have a just cause. I don't really know how to word a war with a just cause, because I can't really think of one at the moment... But I was interested in finding out if anyone else on Gaia was a pacifist.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:52 pm
I believe strongly, that if you ain't pacifist, you arent a hippie. Cause ya know, violence is bad. In ALL CASES. I think most people in the GHG are pacifists. If not, then Im wrong. But from what Ive seen, I think many of the people here AREN'T Hippies. sad Sad, but TRUE.  

Peace Love And Skate

Astrox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:15 pm
I consider myself to be a very peaceful person. I'm also very laid back, it takes a fair bit to actually piss me off.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:06 am
Astrox
I consider myself to be a very peaceful person. I'm also very laid back, it takes a fair bit to actually piss me off.

Same here 3nodding  

Bloodlusting_desires

Chhaya Moon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:11 pm
Isn't pacifism a major part of being a hippie? I'm definatly a pacifist. I don't think violence is in any way justifiable, even if you're not the one that started it. Like they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

About the whole "war on terror". The terrorists want people to fight back. That's the whole point of blowing up people, to make the Americans/Europeans angry. If people just ignored it, it would loose the desired effect and it'd all stop.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:20 pm
Chhaya Moon
Isn't pacifism a major part of being a hippie? I'm definatly a pacifist. I don't think violence is in any way justifiable, even if you're not the one that started it. Like they say, two wrongs don't make a right.

About the whole "war on terror". The terrorists want people to fight back. That's the whole point of blowing up people, to make the Americans/Europeans angry. If people just ignored it, it would loose the desired effect and it'd all stop.

I agree.  

Astrox

corporal muttonchops

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:19 am
I'm definitely a pacifist. I only fight in self defence, and even then I only do what I have to, I don't take it too far. I believe all war is wrong, as who decides what a 'just cause' is? Even if it means the lives of millions will be improved, thousands of people will be killed to do this. That's no just cause. There is no such thing as a good war.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:48 am
Very nice. I appreciate your comments and views.  

Evangelion_01

Evangelion_01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:50 am
Peace Love And Skate
I believe strongly, that if you ain't pacifist, you arent a hippie. Cause ya know, violence is bad. In ALL CASES. I think most people in the GHG are pacifists. If not, then Im wrong. But from what Ive seen, I think many of the people here AREN'T Hippies. sad Sad, but TRUE.

Yeah, I know a lot of people who say they are hippies but I see them fighting all the time and hardly like music of any kind. Actually one of my friends thinks he's a hippie because someone called him a hippie once because his hair was getting a little long, and he listens to Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin every like 2 months...it's sad...  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:02 pm
it certainly does bother me when people call themself a hippie and then go off and start fights and bring intolerance. its like, they bring a bad name to the true children of the movement. although i do disagree with evangelions statement, because you shouldnt judge someone be the muic they listen to. music doesnt change your ideals man. ive never really got into pink floyd or led zeppelin, and i really like jason mraz, and the beatles.  

brittany_3_9_8

Evangelion_01

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:22 pm
brittany_3_9_8
it certainly does bother me when people call themself a hippie and then go off and start fights and bring intolerance. its like, they bring a bad name to the true children of the movement. although i do disagree with evangelions statement, because you shouldnt judge someone be the muic they listen to. music doesnt change your ideals man. ive never really got into pink floyd or led zeppelin, and i really like jason mraz, and the beatles.

True. I didn't really mean it that way, but what I should have said was my friend starts fights all the time and talks about beating people up, and calls himself a hippie. Sorry bout that then.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:44 am
Evangelion_01
brittany_3_9_8

True. I didn't really mean it that way, but what I should have said was my friend starts fights all the time and talks about beating people up, and calls himself a hippie. Sorry bout that then.

Ha, this one guy at the mall called me violent cause I jumped onto my boyfriend and knocked him over. (He had just stolen something from my other friend though, so I had a reason) My bf is kindof violent and against hippies though. It makes me sad. sad I dont know why I put up with him. emo  

GraveyardSinger

GraveyardSinger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:47 am
Oh, right, anywho!
I'm very against meaningless violence. I understand if you're just goofing off, like playfulness. But when there's actual physical pain and destruction, then I've got a problem with it. My german teacher is very into politics and talked about wars constantly in class and kindof dissed hippies while he was at it and I was never so mad at a teacher in my life. However, I dont hold grudges, so I cant say I dislike him. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:37 am
GraveyardSinger
Oh, right, anywho!
I'm very against meaningless violence. I understand if you're just goofing off, like playfulness. But when there's actual physical pain and destruction, then I've got a problem with it. My german teacher is very into politics and talked about wars constantly in class and kindof dissed hippies while he was at it and I was never so mad at a teacher in my life. However, I dont hold grudges, so I cant say I dislike him. sweatdrop

I totally agree. Violence never solved anything. The only thing I've ever know violence to do is increase the adrenaline so that people want more violence... yknow... violence is almost like a drug in that way...  

satinandsmoke

TL-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:23 pm
I would hope anyone who joins this guild and calls themself a 'hippie' is a pacifist... sweatdrop

I am a pacifist. I still like things that have some violence in them (like Naruto, etc) but meaningless violence was dumb.
Someone thought my mom couldn't be a hippie (she is a huge hippie) because she's a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. But its not like she goes out onto the street and beats people up or anything. Its for self defence neutral  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff