Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
Nazca drawings

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:25 pm
In the peruvian area of south America is the nazca desert. on this plain are many geometric drawings, pictures of animals and lines that go perfectly straight for miles on end.
Nobody is really sure why there are there. They have been there for thousands of years.
They have been made by moving stones to create patches without and stones, so that it is flat. These create the lines of the drawings.
They were first discovered a few decades ago when the first aircraft flew over the area.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Here's a research starter on wiki

What do you think of them, what were the made for, and how?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:58 am
the nasca lines were used to mark the location of water in this vast desert area and were made by marking out sections one at a time. simple geometry my dear.  

acana_marrionett

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:08 am
acana_marrionett
the nasca lines were used to mark the location of water in this vast desert area and were made by marking out sections one at a time. simple geometry my dear.

If they were used to mark out water, why are there pictures of animals and the like?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:39 pm
Perhaps it's pictures of the past, sorta like pictures on a pyramid only in the ground.  

Infinistus

Dark_Lord_Poe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:15 pm
hmm that makes sense. Many people belive its alien stuff. But i dont know about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:39 pm
I'm not entirely knowledgable on this subject, but it could be diffrent shells/fish/rocks scraping against the bottom of the ocean floor, or maybe the tectonic plates shifted into weird postions around there...?I'm sure someones already said this, but just wanted to point it out if someone hadn't.  

D i a

Unbeatable Bookworm

27,575 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Married 100

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:45 pm
HM-MM
I'm not entirely knowledgable on this subject, but it could be diffrent shells/fish/rocks scraping against the bottom of the ocean floor, or maybe the tectonic plates shifted into weird postions around there...?I'm sure someones already said this, but just wanted to point it out if someone hadn't.

It cannot be that. The lines are made up of areas where there rockshave been moved away.
Imagine you have a plate covered in sugar, and then you draw in it with your finger, clearing lines. That's how this was done.
This cannot be caused by tectonic activity.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:51 am
well all i know is that they were left by the nazca people to show what there lives were like  

goth_phantomoftheoperafan

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff