Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Two Worlds, One Great Legand... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

If I had the chance, I'd for sure change the _________ !
  Anime (Japanese)
  Anime (English)
  Manga
  Live Action
View Results

User_8572

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:06 pm
So, I've noticed a lot of comments on how much the Manga differs from the Anime, or the Anime from the Live Action, or even the god aweful Dub (no offense to all you Dubbies out there wink ) But here you can either commect or unload at what you wish "Could'a, Should'a or Would'a~" happened if it was either up to just Naoko or even you what would you have done different/changed??

Serena VS Usagi
User ImageUser Image

Cousins VS Lovers

User ImageUser Image

Meaningful Past VS Just Minions

User ImageUser Image

Circus folk VS Sailor Senshi

User ImageUser Image

Lady VS Child

User ImageUser Image

Golden Crystal VS Golden Starseed

User ImageUser Image

Galaxia's Starseed VS Ultimate Senshi

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:54 pm
i dont like the dubbed english version. they cut stuff out and the voices suck  

Enniel

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:30 pm
golden Starseed ROCKS.

It makes NO sense at all that SailorMoon and Sailor Chibimoon should have ENDYMION'S Golden Crystal -at all-.

You don't See Sailor Pluto using the Silver crystal do you? >/

That was the WORST thing they've ever devise!

It's like After SailorMoon R Season- They screwed Mamoru Up. He's either Sick as hell or hurt or dead- what kinda storyline is that?

*fuming*

Only sadstic satisfaction I get in the difference between the two is that it take two silly lil girls- the entire freakin' world- to use a Crystal that belongs to mamoru.

-.- I have too many 'other' choice of words for everything else

>> but I don't see you Comparing Darien to Mamoru or Rini to Chibiusa and ect.

The Anime didn't give anyone else good background stories let alone a guy that's too Sterotypical and FLAT and along had a good things in the first season to the second one and in the Manga and PGSM.

>/ And the Musical.

Yes....I'm ticked.

and yes, Sailor Luna is a pain.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:24 pm
I have all of the Mangas downloaded and I cant wait to get some blank CDs to burn them onto. I am also renting the DVDs from Netflix so I'm covered there. But so far I like the manga and japanese version of the anime better.

But yeah, there's lots of stuff that needs to be changed back into it's original form, AKA names, voices, character, ect.

And now back to killing Illegal Militant Immigrants(sp?) in Chrome Hounds.  

Ryuondo

ElaborateDream

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:16 am
What about Luna's Dubbed voice; she sounds like an old british nanny. Has anyone seen the dubbed S movie? Where she turned human? Tell me; I never seen it...probally wouldn't touch it with a ten foot clown poll cause well...the horror of a beautiful woman from the moon talking in a rhaspy ugly voice would be to much.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:49 am
Sailor Papillon
What about Luna's Dubbed voice; she sounds like an old british nanny. Has anyone seen the dubbed S movie? Where she turned human? Tell me; I never seen it...probally wouldn't touch it with a ten foot clown poll cause well...the horror of a beautiful woman from the moon talking in a rhaspy ugly voice would be to much.

OMG I know!! When i found out abou tthe S movie and Luna turns into a human I thought... OMG, they are SO screwed when they chose and old british lady to do the voicing. And when i finally worked up enough courage to watch it in english i cried a littel because it made Luna look SO aweful and I love Luna in japanese!!!! Pity... but could you picture Artemis's voice as that strong long hared guy... don't think so... it's just embarassing. When i'm in public watching the dub i like sheild my face from people so they don't judge me.  

User_8572

User_8572

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:05 am
Luamervara
golden Starseed ROCKS.

It makes NO sense at all that SailorMoon and Sailor Chibimoon should have ENDYMION'S Golden Crystal -at all-.

You don't See Sailor Pluto using the Silver crystal do you? >/

That was the WORST thing they've ever devise!

It's like After SailorMoon R Season- They screwed Mamoru Up. He's either Sick as hell or hurt or dead- what kinda storyline is that?

*fuming*

Only sadstic satisfaction I get in the difference between the two is that it take two silly lil girls- the entire freakin' world- to use a Crystal that belongs to mamoru.

-.- I have too many 'other' choice of words for everything else

>> but I don't see you Comparing Darien to Mamoru or Rini to Chibiusa and ect.

The Anime didn't give anyone else good background stories let alone a guy that's too Sterotypical and FLAT and along had a good things in the first season to the second one and in the Manga and PGSM.

>/ And the Musical.

Yes....I'm ticked.

and yes, Sailor Luna is a pain.

Pissed me off too!!!!!!!!!!!! Like taking away his only attack (Tuxedo Smoking Bomber) I can't believe how pathetic they made him... like when he left in StarS you were like, what? did Tuxedo Mask leave? The only thing giving that away was zero roses thrown, which is about all he does in the anime anymore. Thank God he's hot or else Usagi would've just dated Andrew who has pretty much all the capabilities to wear a tux and throw flowers... maybe daisies?? But ya... in the Manga he was important, just as much as the princess at some points, but the creators on the anime SO screwed him over... pity.
Then there's the Amazoness Quartet, why NOT have them be senshi? They look hot anyways; why not add scandalous mini skirts onto that? Plus it'd make it more dramatic with a ton of senshi in the fight against Galaxia cuz it'd be ALL these chick going up against her... but did you all notice the pic of Usagi, Chibiusa and Mamoru in the beginning? It was them all looking cute and stuff but after episode 173 when Mamoru gets his starseed stolen from Galaxia every time after when Usagi looks at the pic Chibiusa's not in it?? Creepy... be sure to watch that next time you watch StarS
OH and ALSO, the Cats, they SO screwed them over too!! Luna just became human once in the movie... why not have them become human at least a couple times?? Like Stars would've been nice, I think Tin Nyanko could've done her thing like in the manga where she's from the same planet as them (planet of cat people I guess?) But ya and she attacks them and their crescent moons all grow and they can't talk or help Usagi instead of just sitting there all the effing time doing nothing but 'hoping' Sailor Moon will come through again.... again, they demote characters SO freaking much from the manga to the anime. Sad....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:28 pm
I think the english dub was alright. I mean they took out some really good stuff, I didn't think the voices fit very well though but it was ok.  

Namtastic

Lunatic

chadny

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:34 am
one of my friends gave me her entire collection of sailor moon cd-s. she has every episode or movie on them. my shock was that some episodes were in english ... i really tryied to watch those episodes in english but i never have found a way to stop laughing.even if the episode had a dramatic ending .... i was still laughing. the voices were dreadful : like all the sailor senshi were ... witches mad scream crying even the nanny was more suitable than those actors ...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:09 pm
So I noticed how the manga is always 1 step above the anime... like the lower senshi getting their upgraded powers in the manga always seemed to come so much earlier than in the anime, they even ended on a higher grade in the manga than the ones in the anime. And how Pluto used 'Time Stop' at the end of Sailor Moon R in the manga but in the anime used it at the end of S... I just noticed that a lot lately...  

User_8572

foxgirlsilverofdarkness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:24 pm
i don't care sailor moon is sailor moon no matter how u put it scream  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:44 pm
The only thing is...unlike what that ONE image on the back cover of the manga shows, the senshi were never with the generals...the image was just because they were cooresponding guardians between Serenity and Endymion. There was no romance at all...ever...

Although, there was some...feelings that Nephrite (I think it was him) had for Ami in the Live Action series.  

Darkness Cake

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:01 am
Actually one image (or two) in Code Name Sailor V and in that one in the beginning of Sailormoon where they have a flash back. There was something between Venus and Kunzite.

The one I've seen in Sailor V was when Adonis sees Sailor Venus and Kunzite together and it looked like they were about to kiss.

and in the one in Sailormoon.

Sailor Venus was retrieving Serenity and she blushed seeing Kunzite.

>>;;

And also in the first book, Jadeite feels something when Rei is unconcious (though this could be because Rei is Sailor Mars.- who knows.) Qoute ' There's something Special about her'- Mixx book.

The relationship between Kunzite and Zoi didn't exist in the manga if you notice- it's only in the Anime.

Though... in the Live Action you always wonder if it Endymion and Kunzite in the past >>;;

Or wishful thinking.

either way- They mantained the closeness that Mamoru has with his generals from the manga to the Live Action.

And in the Anime and Live Action there is the animosty between Prince Endymion and Kunzite of the present.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:48 am
Yeah, I hadn't read Code Name Sailor V yet, so I didn't know in that case, it could be true. I'm pretty sure the Jadeite/Rei thing was cause she was Sailor Mars though...  

Darkness Cake

User_8572

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:54 am
Roselite Blade
Yeah, I hadn't read Code Name Sailor V yet, so I didn't know in that case, it could be true. I'm pretty sure the Jadeite/Rei thing was cause she was Sailor Mars though...

In book 11 they have a mars side story where she fell in love with a man from her fathers work (or something along those lines) and when she kisses him a flash soars through her mind about Jadeite... hmm. And of course the Kunzite and Venus thing in the V manga's was obvious, I dunno- could be could not... but I like to think it would've been cute heart  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff