"Medusa" piercing?
  I love those!
  Ew no!
  What the [i]hell[/i] is that?
  Crumpets ^.^
View Results

~Transylvanian_Concubine~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:17 pm
Ok, so I recently pierced myself on my ear. The piercing is the third in a row (you know, first one is on the lobe, second one a little higher, and third a bit higher...) and it wont stop hurting extremely bad! I clean it with this stuff the piercing lady gave me for my last piercing, and i turn it, etc, but it seriously hurts so bad i get teary eyed. I don't know what to do! It's not very red or crusty, it just hurts! So if someone could please give me advise or tell me what you think is going on, it would be much appreciated ^^ Thank you!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:01 am
oh no... prepare to be yelled at because in this guild, we find self piercing incredibly stupid (unless ofcourse its play piercing which is diffrent) stare i don't knwo what you should do. for all i know you did it with a damn safety pin... bad... VERY BAD. now as for helping you, i'm not too good at that, but how long ago did you... do this to yourself stare  

[NUTs]

[Vanilla Lace]

Shameless Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:31 am
stare WHAT on earth did you use to pierce yourself?
If you say safety pin...
Go.To.A.Piercer.
It's probably getting infected because whatever you used WASN'T STERILE. scream gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:25 pm
Not to mention the third hole tends to go through cartilage, which is even more stupid to do yourself considering if it gets infected, it can spread through the cartilage causing it to collapse.

Now what is "this stuff the piercing lady gave me?" If by "piercing lady" you mean, idiot with a gun, and by "this stuff, you mean that solution you get from some crap place like Claire's, just throw it out now. It's not good for piercings, and actually starts to grow bacteria on it after a while.

If it's not infected (extremely painful, red and shiny in appearance, swollen, hot to the touch, throbbing pain, oozing green, gray or yellow pus), take it out now and let it heal and get it done by a PROFESSIONAL that uses a needle (NOT an idiot with a gun).

If it is infected, go to the doctor and get antibiotics right away, but DO NOT take it out. Taking it out will trap the infection inside.  

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:22 pm
[NUTs]
oh no... prepare to be yelled at because in this guild, we find self piercing incredibly stupid (unless ofcourse its play piercing which is diffrent) stare i don't knwo what you should do. for all i know you did it with a damn safety pin... bad... VERY BAD. now as for helping you, i'm not too good at that, but how long ago did you... do this to yourself stare

OK, I didnt use a safety pin, but i used an actual piercing earring, the one with the really sharp tip. OK, I deserve to get yelled at, because now I realize that was VERY stupid. It still hurts, but not as much, but I think I really need help now. I just took it out for a second to clean the whole earring and my ear, and there wasnt much crust but a lot of oozy-ness, with no colour. It's been doing that for a while. And when I looked at the actually piercing (going through my ear), the back was fine but the front part where it goes through looked like a crater. It was like a perfect circle of raw skin where the gem touched my ear. I'm really worried, because now I'm afraid that it will collapse and/or I'll get some really weird bacteria and/or infection. This sucks x.x I don't care about the yelling or penalizing or whatever, but I really do wish for some help. Thank you so much.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:24 pm
Warninglv100
Not to mention the third hole tends to go through cartilage, which is even more stupid to do yourself considering if it gets infected, it can spread through the cartilage causing it to collapse.

Now what is "this stuff the piercing lady gave me?" If by "piercing lady" you mean, idiot with a gun, and by "this stuff, you mean that solution you get from some crap place like Claire's, just throw it out now. It's not good for piercings, and actually starts to grow bacteria on it after a while.

If it's not infected (extremely painful, red and shiny in appearance, swollen, hot to the touch, throbbing pain, oozing green, gray or yellow pus), take it out now and let it heal and get it done by a PROFESSIONAL that uses a needle (NOT an idiot with a gun).

If it is infected, go to the doctor and get antibiotics right away, but DO NOT take it out. Taking it out will trap the infection inside.

Yes, it is a solution but it was the solution I got for my last-last piercing (not that long ago.) She used a gun for my right ear and it's healed perfectly fine. But yea, it is an "ear solution".  

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:49 pm
Transylvanian Concubine 5
Warninglv100

Yes, it is a solution but it was the solution I got for my last-last piercing (not that long ago.) She used a gun for my right ear and it's healed perfectly fine. But yea, it is an "ear solution".

Seriously, just get rid of it. There are better things to care for your piercings with. Piercings heal despite what you use on them, not because. Soak it with non-iodized sea salt (1/4tsp. to 8 oz HOT water), just don't burn yourself. This will help it drain, bring circulation to your ear, and reduce some swelling. Get some good jewelry, leave that in, and just don't touch it. That should help healing it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:08 pm
Thank you so so so much! I actually went to the doctor today, and the doctor said that i needed to take it out (because of some stuff she said that I didnt understand really x.x) and she gave me antibiotics. So Ima let this one heal, then get the rest of my piercings professionally! Thank you guys in the guild so much. You guys have been good help (for now and in the future!) blaugh  

Muddud

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:54 am
darling, i just have to state as one who loves you and knows you well -
you're a silly-billy sometimes.

honestly, i know it's a hassle to go to staircase but now that my license is completely valid, i'll take you there myself. seriously. i'll drive your mother, even - ANYTHING to keep you from doing that again.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:39 pm
My friend gave himself a piercing....and his other friend...I think its stupid, but they don't wanna go to a profesional...They're real idiots sometimes. xp  

marshmallow_invasion

-Panty.Waste-

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:57 pm
First off, you need to clean it better. Second, don't touch it.

I have pierced my ears myself for as long as I can remember. I've done eleven on myself, and seven on others.

To clean it, you should always wash your hands first, get a Q-tip, douse it in saline solution, and then clean the piercing, and be sure to get some of the saline in the piercing. Do this four times a day, no more no less, for about two months. And then you should be good.

Until then, just don't sleep on it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:51 pm
You should never take the jewelry out of a piercing "to clean it" while it is healing and it you have a problem with a piercing you should always go to a professional. I don't understand why so many people would rather wait and see what people online who are not professional piercers or doctors have to say about a piercing they can't even see when there might be an infection. There's a difference between discussing piercings and being too lazy to go to a parlor and ask someone something.  

shoe_trophy

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff