Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Book Forum Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Satan]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:48 am
I've been reading "No One Here Gets out Alive". It's a biography of Jim Morrison.What books have you been reading lately?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 12:29 pm
lol. I bet that is quite an interesting read..

Mainly my government text book. lol. And math review stuff.
I'm trying to finish The Castle by Kafka. And before that I read Invitation to a Beheading by Nabokov
We are reading the play Only Drunks and Children Tell the Truth in English class...I can't remember the author...  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

[Satan]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:31 pm
Valdae
lol. I bet that is quite an interesting read..
Yes it is. I'm at the part where he got in trouble at a Miami concert for indecent exposure.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 3:42 pm
sweatdrop I'm very mainstream in my bookreading. I finished "The Testament" by John Grisham not too long ago. Then, because my roommate bugged me, I read "Hobbit" and now I'm working on "Fellowship of the Ring." (I know, I'm lame. I'm not geeky, I swear. crying )  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 4:32 pm
I've read a few Robert A. Heinlein books.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:14 pm
Dathu
Then, because my roommate bugged me, I read "Hobbit" and now I'm working on "Fellowship of the Ring." (I know, I'm lame. I'm not geeky, I swear. crying )

Don't feel bad...I read The Hobbit for the first time in 4th or 5th grade. Then I read the Fellowship of the Rings trilogy. Then...throughout middle school I proceeded to read them all...three more times. And I read other stuff of his that went with it.
And I refuse to see the movies.
So if one of us is geeky...I have a feeling it's not you, Dathu. lol ^_^  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Yisp

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 6:43 am
I'm currently reading Habermas' essays on Adorno, Bloch, Walter Benjamin, Herbert Marcuse, Hannah Arendt and Scholem.
Really great people, they philosophically carved the 20. century, but few people even know they existed ^__^

After that, I think I'll give Rousseau's Social Contract a go.

Yup, and then it's back to fantasy.

Anyone have any suggestions for a good fantasy book? Something special, no series, just some damn good piece of fantasy please =D  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:46 pm
In 7th grade a friend got me hooked on the Tortal books (Lioness Quartet, Daine's Quartet (wild mage), Protecter of the Small, and Tricksters Choice Duet, by Tamora Pierce. Shes an grand Fantasy writer.
I'm on the last book of the Tortal books, in which the stories of this fasenating land come to an end crying crying crying . The last book is Trickster's Queen and its so good! Its about Aly which is Alanna's Daughter (from the Lioness QUartet) and how shes trying to get the twice Royal girl to be queen. Very good. If you care to read any books of tortal start at the begining with Alanna .  

E_Night

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:47 pm
I've been reading dragonlance. I'm on the third book in the first saga dragons of autumn twilight.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:34 pm
There was this one fantasy book I really liked...can't remember the name. It's been a while. *hits head* I always forget about books.

I finally found out what this book I read in like..6th grade or so was. Watership Down. *nods* I just looked it up again on google , after forgetting to for quite a while. Twas driving me crazy.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

[Satan]

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:26 am
I fianlly finished my book. Now if only I knew what to read next from my collection of books. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:18 am
I just finished reading Islands in the Stream by Hemingway. Tis the second time I've read it.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Grand Moff Locket

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 4:02 am
All I ever read is my beloved debate.
razz  
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 9:17 pm
I'm not going to list every book I've ever read in existence. Then I'd be here for the next century. However, I WILL list a few really good reads for different groups.

Neil Gaiman books-- he has a book for every one. i swear.

Tropic of Cancer, by Henry Miller-- very brutal, blunt, true to life, and otherwise rambling. beautifully written, and it expells close to then end in a great explosion... and then the rest is crap.

Cut-- a quick read on a girl who cuts herself, and doesn't talk while in treatment.

dante club-- a fun little murder mystery with the translators of dante's Inferno to english as our dectectives. beautifully written, and hard to put down.

Cry To Heaven, by Anne Rice-- one of her best non-vampire books, written about a beautiful venice castrato and his teacher, the descriptions and plot are both absolutely amazing.

Terry Prachet books-- funny books. very funny books. do not read while eating or drinking, or risk mass choking.

Hello Moonlight-- random facts for any and all insomniacs out there.

and done. hope you peoples actually read a few. and if you EVER need to know a book to read, just PM me. i'm a freaking library, practically. I mean it. You should see my house. anyway, yeah.  

EngelerDeamon

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 4:29 pm
Yes i finished dragonlance chronicles!!!!!  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff