Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Help!!! Need help making contracts

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xNathan_Fordx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:05 pm
Yeah I have started making a logo for this company and need help with making a contract. If any of you have any hints on how to go about this please help me. Any samples or suggestion are greatly needed. I am in Canada, I don't know if the contract laws are that different anywhere else (I doubt it) stare .

Well Here is the (text portion) contact I made so far. sweatdrop
Quote:

Sign-off Agreement
Page 1 of 2

Client: Company Swipex Merchant Services
Description: Logo Design For Swipex Merchant Services.
Stage of development: 1 of 2

Date September 14, 2004

The following image provided with this document is a representation of the Logo being designed for Swipex Merchant Services. This logo/design is created and is still owned by Graphic Designer, Tinesha Mitchell, until all rights of the logo have been given to Swipex Merchant Services. Therefore the images shown are for review only, not for use, and cannot be disclosed to anyone outside of Swipex Merchant Services, unless given permission by the creator, Tinesha Mitchell.

Swipex Merchant Services, and its Representative______________________________, agrees on this stage of development: defining the shape, structure and completion of the vector format of the logo. This means that any changes made hereafter and affecting this stage of development will result in additional charge of $20.00 for every change made. This charge will be added to the originally agreed payment of $150.00 for the completed logo.

At this point half of originally agreed payment is owed to the creator. The payment is expected when agreement is finalized or the project is terminated. Therefore when Swipex Merchant Services decides to end creation of logo at least half of the originally agreed payment of $150.00 must be paid out to the creator for time spent, whether Swipex Merchant Services decides to own the logo or not.

Signature of Representative

Date

And People please be kind, this is only the second contract I have ever created. I really don't know what I else to add, I know that it should be binding and disclosure agreement.

Any Tips would be great. In advance Thank you! biggrin heart  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:08 pm
Oh yeah and I know I way under charge. crying But there is nothing I can do about it now! whee  

xNathan_Fordx

Acis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:09 pm
looking at it, it seems pretty good. you seem to have everything there and its quite easy to understand.
(you could be reeeaaally cheeky and slip in details about yourself, where to get hold of for information about the contract and discrete advertising of where to go to get more work by you)

but then you dont really need to take my advice
im a sixteen year old a level student...
(gcse in graphics though!!)
youd be an stupidly high amount more qualified to critique this then me  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:08 pm
Novocain seems to be good with this stuff... I'm waiting for a long and detailed response from him 3nodding  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Novocain

4,850 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:27 am
looks great to me. 3nodding very proffessional, concise and it's covering all of your bases. if you didn't already do a time estimate sheet (assuming your doing an hourly rate) i'd include one, but if you agreed on a set price then it looks completely kosher to me.

good job establishing terms of additional payments they may incur, that's always a very wise thing to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:03 pm
Novocain
looks great to me. 3nodding very proffessional, concise and it's covering all of your bases. if you didn't already do a time estimate sheet (assuming your doing an hourly rate) i'd include one, but if you agreed on a set price then it looks completely kosher to me.

good job establishing terms of additional payments they may incur, that's always a very wise thing to do.

Oh thank you! Well I really didn't know . Thanks to all who responded to this thread. I wondered why they didn't, make a class on how to do contracts, and deal with copy right,and trade marks, at our school since it would become every day occurance. Oh well nothing I can do about it now, just got to learn as I go.

Again thank you all for help and input!
heart 3nodding  

xNathan_Fordx

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas