Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply MMBN Help/Question/Strategies etc.
BassCross folder

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silenfoot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:39 pm
Does anyone have a good folder that's designed for use with the BN5 DS BassCross? Or SolCross? Or both?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:42 pm
I always wanted to know if tehre was a good folder for the Bass Cross. The problem is that it decreases your Mega Chip count by two. Basically use any folder in the Renowned Folder FAQ on www.gamefaqs.com with three or less Mega Chips (unless you don't mind putting a Mega +1 or +2 in your navi customizer).  

GoTn_Soldier

Concerto

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:51 pm
Well, I have BassCross. <.< I just transfered a folder from my MMBN5: Team Protoman game that I created with the limitations of BassCross, plus the Souls in Team Colonel in mind. I don't typically use many MegaChips anyway. <.<;;

M-Cannon F,G,H
Pulsar3 S x2
Quake3 F
Sword S
WideSwrd S
LongSwrd S
Katana S x2
AirHoc Q,R,S
AreaGrab * x2
FstGauge * (default)
Invisibl * x4
AntiWood *
AntiDmg *
AntiNavi M
CopyDmg *
Attck+10 *
Muramasa M
ShadeMnSP S
LarkManSP S
Bass F

Chips that could be swapped out for something more favorable include:: CopyDmg, Attck+10, AntiWood, Quake3, and the AirHocs, or even the M-Cannons. Add PAs at your leisure. xD I only have Attck+10 and AntiWood for SoulStyle changes, anyway. ^.^;; Adding more *, M, or S coded chips would work well, or if you want, even adding more F coded chips could add to the ease of using Bass's chip. Alternately, you could add more Attack+ chips to increase Bass' destructive power. =D  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:13 am
Just used a slightly changed S-Slasher..That's what I do. Con, your folder is alphebet soup.  

Ryuto Asamiya
Captain

Concerto

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:32 pm
Nova Wave Assassin
Just used a slightly changed S-Slasher..That's what I do. Con, your folder is alphebet soup.

Mweh!? Is not either! O_O ... well, maybe a little, but "alphabet soup" usually implies the chips are usable only by themselves or in small, ineffective, combo-less groups. Mine works! >=O

S-code chips:: 10 <- that's 1/3 of my chip folder
M-code chips:: 2 <- BodyGrd, which I ALWAYS carry
F-code chips:: 3 <- includes Bass (woo!)
*-code chips:: 11 <- that's another 1/3 of my chip folder

Q,R,G,H are the only singles, but I can't perform PitHockey or Giga Cannon without them. <.< And in my defence, PitHockey's only in there 'cause I was bored with whatever I had in there before. It'll be the first to go when I revamp the folder. =D

Besides, with that many */S code chips and that few of the other codes, I don't actually run into problems with "alphabet soup" clogging my chip selection. O.o

If I could put in *-code replacements of the odd-coded chips I have, I most certainly would, since that's OBVIOUSLY the preferable choice, but I don't HAVE them, so in go the handful of odd-coded chips. :3 (I don't have these *-code chips largely because I find I don't need them... but I'm also ridiculously lazy and don't care to spend the time looking for them. xP

I've found, after playing through each version at LEAST twice (1, 2, 3:W and 3:B, 4:BM, 5:TP, 6:CG, Double Team and BCC) [/showoff], a unicode folder with perfect chip selection isn't necessary to beat most, or even all aspects of the game. (Sure, a perfect file is boast-worthy, but far from necessary. Even against talented human players. =O)

And one aspect people forget about is that you should LIKE your folder, and the chips in it. I LIKE my folder; I like almost all the chips and PAs in there. =D If everyone went for power, almost everyone's folders would be the same, and it would be BORING. xP

Sorry... that turned into a rant. xP I guess what constitutes a good folder or an "alphabet soup" folder is all personal taste... >.>  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:33 pm
Alphebet Soup means you have too many codes. Even for a PA, too many codes is a bad thing. Use a folder like S-Slasher and you'll see why it's good to only have 1 code.  

Ryuto Asamiya
Captain

Silenfoot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:39 am
I don't know if my BN5TP folder is considered alphabet soup (probably is), but that's the way all my folders are, and they work well for me. Here, let me show you.

BN5DT: TP

AirShot * (x2)
MrkCan1 M (x2)
ElecReel1 V
ElecReel1 Z
Thunder P
Sword S (x2)
WideSwrd S (x2)
LongSwrd S (x2)
FireHit1 O
FireHit1 P
FireHit1 Q (x2)
CircGun F
Recov30 C
Recov50 H
Recov 80 * [REG]
Recov120 K
RollSP R
MagnetMn M
Django D
LeaderR L
ChaosL X
DrkSword Z
DarkCirc R
DarkMetr F

BN5: TP

AirShot * (x2)
MrkCan2 D
GunDelS3 D (x2)
Sword S (x2)
WideSwrd S (x2)
LongSwrd S
FireHit1 Q (x2)
Recov80 * (x2) [REG]
Recov120 K
Recov200 I
Recov300 Y (x2)
AntiFire *
AntiElec *
AntiDmg *
SuprVulc S
Guardian
JustcOne
RollSP R
DjangoSP D
DethPhnx D
DrkSword Z
DarkCirc R
DarkMetr F  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:45 am
I took a stab at making a folder from scratch with Bass/SolCross in mind. It's mostly C code, and it's made for Team Colonel. I'd like someone to please try it out for me.

CrossFldr

Cannon C
Vulcan1 C
Vulcan2 C
ElcReel1 C
MegEnBom C (x2)
CrakBom C
CannBall C
LongSwrd C
Skully1 C
AirSpin1 C
SpShake2 C
Lance C
BoyBomb1 C
RedFrut1 E
Recov30 C
Recov50 B (x4)
Recov80 B [REG]
AntiWood *
Colonel C
CloudMnSP C
CosmoMan C
DjangoSP D
CrossDiv C
DarkPlus *
DrkLance W
DarkDril D

Replace as many of the Recovs as possible with * or C coded Recov chips. If any version of the RedFrut chip comes in C code, put that in instead of the E code chip. AntiWood is in there for TomahawkSoul. Django is in there because it's a fun chip to use AND it hits an enemy Navi with the HP bug. All those Standard C code chips are in there because that's what I had in C code and because non-elemental Standard chips are ColonelSoul compatible. I have tried it even though I don't have a cross, and I think it flows very well. If anyone can adapt it to Team ProtoMan, please do so and post it.  

Silenfoot

MMBN Help/Question/Strategies etc.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff