Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
MTV(2) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaxstertheBard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:37 pm
So I usually get the impression that people don't watch MTV or MTV2 because it's only for people who want to listen to Mainstream or major groups. I also tend to notice that almost every week they have the same song playing like the last (Rap songs, dude, if you didn't catch that).
But my question: Does anyone really care if people watch MTV2 anymore? First off, they started the All That Rocks show on now, which do usually have some good artists...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:41 pm
MaxstertheBard
So I usually get the impression that people don't watch MTV or MTV2 because it's only for people who want to listen to Mainstream or major groups. I also tend to notice that almost every week they have the same song playing like the last (Rap songs, dude, if you didn't catch that).
But my question: Does anyone really care if people watch MTV2 anymore? First off, they started the All That Rocks show on now, which do usually have some good artists...

The point is, MTV 2 was promised to be a showcase of rock and metal bands, new and old, but they never delivered, they tried to factor in experimental music w(like the avalanches) but again, they failed.

After that, they went with the mainstream, leaving the rock too Kerrang and Scuzz.

At least the UK version did.  

Rellik San
Captain

MaxstertheBard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:48 pm
I don't think MTV in the U.S. completely failed... at least not MTV2. They didn't nessicarily stick to metal and experimental, but they did put rock up. Then rap took over for a while, and they had some really bad pop band and a few good ones. All That Rocks, I'm hoping, will be really good. T-Minus Rock is good too. I thought it was pritty new anyways.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:52 pm
MaxstertheBard
I don't think MTV in the U.S. completely failed... at least not MTV2. They didn't nessicarily stick to metal and experimental, but they did put rock up. Then rap took over for a while, and they had some really bad pop band and a few good ones. All That Rocks, I'm hoping, will be really good. T-Minus Rock is good too. I thought it was pritty new anyways.

In the UK VH1 is good for Rock and Metal at night actually. That really surprised me.  

Rellik San
Captain

xXxPansyxXx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:32 pm
Well, i dont watch MTV or MTV2 because it's not music tv anymore, they are no music videos it's reality tv.

i watch fuse. i think it is the greatest tv channel ever, but thats my opinion.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:43 pm
xXxPansyxXx
Well, i dont watch MTV or MTV2 because it's not music tv anymore, they are no music videos it's reality tv.

same here. cool heart xd 3nodding  

m a c a b r e X

Vendgence

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:32 pm
not a huge fan of MTV 2. or one. I like wtaching music vids online  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:23 pm
xXxPansyxXx

I used to watch fuse ALL the time but my cable (or something) replaced it for MTV Hits. sad  

Dark Valentines

bleeding unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:41 pm
xXxPansyxXx

same but when im bored ill watch like made or whatever.sometimes ill flip the channel at the right time & find a good song but not often.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:33 am
From 8 p.m to... About noon they show rock/metal stuff. Most of it is HS Stories which is stupid and... Videos. Lotsa videos. VH1 has VH1Classic which shows only old rock stuff and movies about old rock.  

Ms. Blood

toy cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:50 am
I heart FUSE..
MTV and MTV2 is all reality TV and they suck music wise..
Period

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:23 pm
FUSE owns everything now. I mean mtv2 is okay...but I only watch it if I wanna watch celebrity death match or beavis and butthead. Mostly I watch FUSE though. heart  

FenderSkaface

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:08 pm
I watch FUSE
.MTV is so mainstream its rediculous.
And the only thing I watch on mtv2 is headbangers ball on saturdays cause they show some stuf that fuse doesn't.And some of my fav bands sometimes.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:20 pm

Fuse is the best, but my parents won't let me get it, RAWR.
"It's too expensive."
Yet my sister gets to buy Cheaper by the Dozen 2 whenever she wants on OnDemand, which is pretty much every other day.

uhlexa.

fullmeatgirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:53 pm
I heart fuse I watch it all the time and I watch mtv2 only for rock countdown and headbangers ball cool (and mtv only when I'm bored sweatdrop )  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games