Reply Pokémon Defenders
What's your favorite Pokémon Series? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsumirei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 2:55 pm
Hiya! I know there are a lot more Pokémon Series than I know of, or so I think, and I'd like to know what YOUR favorite series is.

Hmm...I think that's enough...?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:46 pm
Personally, I'm not very fond of the anime. I find it way too childish and obvious, even though I do try to keep in mind that it's directed towards, say, seven to ten year olds and not the "big kids" like me. _-_

But.. If I HAD to choose.. I'd say either the Johto series (just because it has Lance's episodes) or the Advanced series (because Max cracks on Ash nearly twenty-four/seven xd )

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

Aoi Hikari

Romantic Prophet

15,075 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:39 pm
I, myself, don't really watch the SHOW too much....It is repeative, and Ash get's way too much attention for my liking...but I love the characters from it, mainly Brock and Team Rocket. Mainly their personalities...

And, you know, the whole Brock obssesion....*cough* heart

Anyway, if I was to choose a season, definitely first season Kanto. That's the one I know pretty much by heart, and where my favorite episodes occur (Ghost of Maidens Peak). Sadly, once the Second Season/Orange Islands started, and Brock lefted to study and help out she-who-must-not-be-named, I sorta lost interest. Pity, I did like Tracey, but...he wasn't Brock sad  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:31 pm
I watch the anime pretty much only for Team Rocket anymore... if I watch it at all. They just PWN so much. I always find myself rooting for them to finally catch that damn Pikachu... stressed  

Ginga

Andy1989

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:54 pm
Ginga
I watch the anime pretty much only for Team Rocket anymore... if I watch it at all. They just PWN so much. I always find myself rooting for them to finally catch that damn Pikachu... stressed
Same here...It always dissapointed me in the movies when Team Rocket became good guys...If I was one of them, I'd act all goody-goody and then throw the Pikachu in those electric-resistant cases and run like hell! xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:43 am
Though, you gotta admit that in--2000 was it?--they make a marvelous point.
"If the world's destroyed, we'd be out of a job!"  

oGolem

Andy1989

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 12:49 am
Golem OTCT
Yea...But in the 3rd one they had PLENTY of chances to steal it toward the end of the movie. Why do they want it so bad anyway? Why don't they just get a regular Pikachu and TRAIN it? I guess their too lazy...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:34 am
I'd say my favourite is the advanced series because other than the first one it's the only one that corrisponds with a game I have and the first one was pretty bad with ash being too stupid to bear.

Although I still am very annoyed that Misty is not in the series ... much. crying

One thing I must say is the intro for advanced is the best yet. 3nodding  

Trumpster

Trumpster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:36 am
Andy1989
Golem OTCT
Yea...But in the 3rd one they had PLENTY of chances to steal it toward the end of the movie. Why do they want it so bad anyway? Why don't they just get a regular Pikachu and TRAIN it? I guess their too lazy...

Because they are so useless they can't even get a basic one and because it's scripted that way. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:30 pm
Hee hee. I don't see why Brock comes back in Advance and Misty doesn't...I guess her sisters are still on that beauty tour thingymabob.  

Tsumirei

Inazuman Frash

Unbeatable Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:10 pm
I kind of like the new season there are lesser formulated episodes.

Let me just quickly summarize 50% of pokemon episodes you see:
Ash and gang are wandering around towards the next city, then they usually meet random guest of the day, usually guest of the day has a problem with a pokemon. Then they go off and try to help trouble pokemon. meanwhile, Team Rocket over hears and then comes up with a cockamamie plan to snag pokemon of the day and possibly Pikachu too. So any ways, Ash and Co. try to help trouble pokemon, Team Rocket comes, usually with some new wacky invention based on whatever the theme of this ep is, and tries to snag pokemon of the day or pikachu. Then Pokemon of the day or pikachu uses its special attack, then Team Rocket's machine explodes, and they all blast off. Then Guest Trainer thanks Ash, and Ash and Co. leaves.

HAPPY END.

I still want to know what happened to Brock on the Orange Islands.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:24 pm
Andy1989
Golem OTCT

Because Ash gets all the "special" PKMN.

Damn him. stressed  

Ginga

Trumpster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:03 pm
Ginga
Andy1989
Golem OTCT

Because Ash gets all the "special" PKMN.

Damn him. stressed

The only thing special about his pokemon is that they are rebels and don't do anything unless they want to. at least in the case of pikachu, squirtle, charizard and probably others too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:06 pm
Inazuman Frash
I still want to know what happened to Brock on the Orange Islands.

Brock decided to stay with that professor lady (Was it Professor Ivy? I can't remember at the moment), leaving Ash/Satoshi and Misty/Kasumi to go off into the islands on their own.

So wasn't it lucky that Tracy/(forgot JPN name) showed up in the very next episode? xp

To answer the question posed by the thread owner, with so many emotional episodes (Can anyone say, "Butterfree"?), my vote is definitely for Season 1 of Pokémon. ^^

Aquafire

Trumpster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:16 am
Until pokemon advanced I think misty was in every single episode and movie but I may have not seen one or two episodes where for some reason she wasn't there.

But now there's just that annoying may girl. She doesn't even grab brock by the ear. xd  
Pokémon Defenders

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff