Reply Ear Piercings
My new rook!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:10 pm
ok well my thread from a week ago was a ghost town so i just recycled it. so yeah! i got my rook done today, it crunched like 5 times, even the piercer said he heard the crunch lol. anyways though, i'm wondering, it was bleeding A LOT earlier today. I was at the movies, waiting for the movie to starts, and i felt a drip in my ear (this was about an hour and a half after getting it done) and i turned to my friend and said "either those kids over there threw something at me, or my ear is bleeding" so ya, it was dripping blood... but i'm pretty sure it's cuz i was sort of drinking last night and apparently that makes a new piercing bleed more. ya it was stupid of me but it wasn't too big of a deal, i stuck a bit of toilet paper under it to help it clot and went on wiht my day. now iget home and theres a bit of a mess of dried blood under it, but i'm not about to start poking it with a wet q-tip to clean it, not today anyways. i'll shower tonight and it'll probably wash off.

so the bleeding; does anyone ever bleed a lot like this after a fresh piercing? i mean sure i bleed while it's done (my nose was pretty bad) but after i leave the shop i've never bled. (though i've also never drank the night before it >.<) and it's going to be fine, right? sweatdrop

*will post a pic in the sticky*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:10 pm
*bumping this up because it's been renovated*  

[NUTs]

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:39 pm
One of my outer cartilage piercings did that. It was the second one I had done, but I guess it's the third one down now (since I got one above and below the original two). It bled after I had it done. Then when it was all nice and cleaned off, and I was ready to go, and it started bleeding. My piercer stopped it up and I went home. After about 10 minutes of being home it started pouring, and I couldn't get it to stop. So, my dad and I went back to him and he had to stretch it to 12ga to stop the bleeding. (It was pierced at 12ga for the 14ga jewelry). That was quite unpleasant. Most painful procedure I've had done on my ears.

My friend's outer ear cartilage did something similar. I forget the exact time frame but I think it was about the night of or the night after she got it done and it started pouring on her. She called me up asking what to do, but I couldn't help her much. I just told her to call our piercer. He said it was normal.

It should be fine. Both of our ears are still intact. I wouldn't reccomend drinking again. xp Doesn't your release form ask about drinking within a certain timeframe?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:47 pm
When I`d gotten my lip done it bled at first, but it was fine afterwards.
I ended up taking it out a while later and am getting it re-done...

And that happened to my friends navel piercing...
She freaked out and took it out.
She got it re-pierced a few months later anyways.

kseniya`

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:01 pm
Warninglv100
One of my outer cartilage piercings did that. It was the second one I had done, but I guess it's the third one down now (since I got one above and below the original two). It bled after I had it done. Then when it was all nice and cleaned off, and I was ready to go, and it started bleeding. My piercer stopped it up and I went home. After about 10 minutes of being home it started pouring, and I couldn't get it to stop. So, my dad and I went back to him and he had to stretch it to 12ga to stop the bleeding. (It was pierced at 12ga for the 14ga jewelry). That was quite unpleasant. Most painful procedure I've had done on my ears.

My friend's outer ear cartilage did something similar. I forget the exact time frame but I think it was about the night of or the night after she got it done and it started pouring on her. She called me up asking what to do, but I couldn't help her much. I just told her to call our piercer. He said it was normal.

It should be fine. Both of our ears are still intact. I wouldn't reccomend drinking again. xp Doesn't your release form ask about drinking within a certain timeframe?

*never actualy read it* ya... plus i'm not 18, which is the legal drinking age >.< and i knew it wasn't a good idea, but the whole drinking was sort of last minute and i didn't want to ruin the fun night and also didn't want to NOT get my rook today because of it so i just went along with it. but i've learned my lesson >.< almost ruined my movie xp  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:45 pm
My tragus did that. Just get it with saline and a Q-tip. It should be fine. And drinking thins out the blood so that's probably why it's bleeding. I personally am a bleeder.  

-Panty.Waste-

ReadyFreddy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:34 am
Uh, I think my next ear piercing will be a Rook...

Congrats.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:29 pm
It's funny, I got my rook done about a month ago and it went perfectly!

No crunch, no pain (I DO have a high pain tolerance, and am slightly masochistic, but that can only do so much), easy insertion, no bleeding and no pain unless I touched my ear!

Then I slept on it last week. That was a BAD idea. It's been bitchy ever since. But even still, I've never had a whole drop of blood drip from it - just a lil bloody around the entrance holes. I dunno, maybe I'm just not a bleeder!  

x.Paper Wings.x

vafalla

Original Vampire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:33 am
My right double n****e bled a lot. My piercer had to abndage me up so I wouldn't ruin my clothing. Both of my nipples off and on for a few days.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:08 am
Hmm, I've never had it happen to me before. I wouldn't be suprised though, there's a lot of blood in the ears and the rook is a bit crunchy-looking. I wanna get mine done but I wanna wait a bit until I'm entirely sure. Just clean yours as normal and be careful etc... should heal up fine.  

Purge In My Breakfast

vafalla

Original Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:30 pm
OK, so my 8g VCH was the worst I've ever bled. On the way home (it took me over an hour because I got lost and live an hour away from where I got it pierced anyway) I bled through my underwear and a little through my jeans. It almost scared me, but that's a highly vascular area anyway.

And drinking does indeed thin the blood, so never drink within 24 hours of getting a piercing. Refraining from drinking while it's healing is also a good idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:25 pm
User Image Proud to be a polite Duremite...

I just got my rook done on Friday and I actually had no bleeding and I didn't hear the crunch, and my piercer even told me I had a tough rook. I guess it just depends.

...Because who can resist Moira and Natasha? <3User Image

Killu Killaya

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces