Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Out of Character? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:01 am
Have you ever found yourself saying something that doesn't sound like you, doing something that you wouldn't normally do, or feeling a way that you don't normally feel?

Two instances of this have occurred with me.

• I've been hanging out with this girl, and for some reason she makes me very defensive of Christians. Normally I'm ready to address the realities (as I see it) of religion, but she's so earnest in her views that when people say to her things that I usually say, I end up defending her religion. We're not dating, and I'm not attracted to her. She's just a nice girl and she makes me act out of character.

• And, on a lighter note, I hate cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream. xp But then this girl made creamy spaghetti, it had all of them in it, and I loved it. Weird?

So when have you ever acted out of character?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:56 pm
Hmm...I can't think of any examples. I assume I've done 'out of character' things. Pretty much everyone has. *sigh* Such an insightful comment I've managed to add. lol. I'll think of one one day.
And I'll post it. And you can't stop me! So there!  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

[Satan]

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:29 pm
I defend Mormons when Bornagain Christians call their religion a cult. I still believe mormonism is a cult, but I feel the same about every other religion. I think every religion can be a cult. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:57 pm
I'm not "Mr. Maturity" or anything, but I do consider myself relatively calm, cool, and educated (to an extent), but I'll be damned if every cell that stopped maturing at five doesn't love the "Egg Song" flash cartoon. It's so...female and childish, but I can't stop watching it. Every time I tell someone I really like it, their response is "Oh really? You like it?" sweatdrop I do though.

The link to it is in my profile, for those who are curious.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:57 pm
I actually defended a christian*shudders*  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:04 pm
silverspart7

It makes you feel dirty, doesn't it? xd

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Din_of_Serenity

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:55 pm
Dathu
silverspart7

Yeah, don't worry though. I got the steel wool out and scraped off my skin after though.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:05 pm
I whined at my Dad this morning, when he asked if he could get in the shower before me. "Uuuh! I have to get to college!"

I was pretty shamefaced about it later.  

Foetus In Fetu

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:04 pm
Din_of_Serenity
Dathu
silverspart7

Yeah, don't worry though. I got the steel wool out and scraped off my skin after though.

Scrape all you want, but once you do it, it gets in your blood.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:37 pm
I have defended my mormon relatives.

I had a girlfriend.

I love Resident Evil 4.  

Orichalcon

Triangular Dice

6,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:12 pm
I've defended the Christians once in a while, even though I have no idea why...but then, when I realize it, I have no idea what I"m talking about, and then I dont make sense at all...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:43 pm
I may not have defended Christianity or any relative religions but I've done things out of the norm for me. I can't think of any actual examples though.  

Phaeton

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:09 pm
Phaeton
I may not have defended Christianity or any relative religions but I've done things out of the norm for me. I can't think of any actual examples though.

Tsk, tsk. I've acted out of character few times recently. I was hanging out at a party that had lots of "country boys" at it, and I found myself talking about trucks, bonfires, and country music. eek When I woke up the next day, I thought it was a dream, but then I saw the boots under my bed.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:24 pm
My character is so broad, nearly nothing is out of it. o.O
I do get strange looks sometimes, as if I actually were acting out of character. O.O
But then they see me do the same thing a few more times in different situations, and accept it as just a quirk. O.o  

Pistil

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:05 pm
caustic 0_0
Hmm...I can't think of any examples. I assume I've done 'out of character' things. Pretty much everyone has. *sigh* Such an insightful comment I've managed to add. lol. I'll think of one one day.
And I'll post it. And you can't stop me! So there!

User Image
Well, how about now. It's been a few years.

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff