Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Poster I did for class...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jam-wired

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:45 pm
This was the first assignment for my Visual Communications class this year. It is a poster with two colors, is on a certain paper type (we had a narrow selection), and would be screen printed. Just thought I'd share it because I'm rather happy with how it turned out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:05 am
Hi, I really liked your poster, specially the banner that covers the woman's face smile , if you let me add some observations, I feel that the first two phrases need to get more impact (a bigger font size and maybe a darker yellow ink if possible) and separate the lines, they are too close each other they seem to merge.  

Silver Ray

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:02 pm
I think it looks great! The text is hard to read, but obviously it would be clearer as a big poster than a tiny jpeg. The only criticism I have is that... I don't really understand what the poster is supposed to be for sweatdrop The message that you're trying to get through isn't really clear to me. But then again, that could just be cos I can't read the text properly wink  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:36 pm
Is it for the progressive era?
Cause we're doing that in History right now... stare  

Suramen

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

K. Ueno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:41 pm
very, very awesome! i love the halftone effect and the seemingly random placement of all the elements. great fonts you've used, overall i particularly like that subtle overlap in designs. and while i'm not sure what you're specifically trying to express, i believe i have a pretty good idea of it's meaning and i like. overall, a very good modern piece with a nice flow-i really don't think i'd change a thing about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:37 am
Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the c&c. I probably should have mentioned that I'm not changing anything on it at this point (except for one minor mistake that I recently noticed). I've already turned it in to be graded, and while the students can continue to tweek projects throughout the semester for the senior show, I'm really happy with how it looks now. I probably should have explained that the words are from a quote. The poster is 19" x 25", so if it was larger, it would definitely make more sense -- because the small type would be legible. Thanks again!  

jam-wired

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff