Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
what happens when you die? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

acana_marrionett

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:26 pm
do any of us know where we go?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:59 pm
Well,Many believe diffrent things, based on their Religon or what they've read.Some people belive there is Heaven, Heaven and Hell, or if the spirit is "Unsettled" It stays on Earth as a ghost to "haunt" and so forth.  

D i a

Unbeatable Bookworm

27,575 Points
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Married 100

acana_marrionett

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:02 pm
hmmm..
i wounder what happens if you're
not fully human but if you're one
of the fallen children
the mutts he half angel
half humans
wonder what
happens then.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:03 pm
The problem with this is that it does depend a lot on personal belief of what happens after and also what people can be.
I know many people that do not believe you can have semi-souls and the like.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

acana_marrionett

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:07 pm
semi-soul?
lord jagged you always have a brilliant thing to say.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:51 am
acana_marrionett
semi-soul?
lord jagged you always have a brilliant thing to say.

Well, semi meaning part, so a part human, part something else soul. It's just that bit easier to say.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

redblackspider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:50 pm
Where do we go?
That depends on what "we" are:-

Body no where, either stays in the ground and rots, or is burnt and sits on a mantel piece.

Spirit that’s a whole different matter either heaven, hell it may wonder the earth or it might no exist just made up by man-kind to give it hope

What ever you believe it really doesn’t matter as you cant do anything about it anyway but i wish you the best of luck in your next...life?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:53 pm
redblackspider
Where do we go?

Body no where, either stays in the ground and rots, or is burnt and sits on a mantel piece.

Spirit that’s a whole different matter either heaven, hell it may wonder the earth or it might no exist just made up by man-kind to give it hope

What ever you believe it really doesn’t matter as you cant do anything about it anyway but i wish you the best of luck in your next...life?

But if people wander the earth when they die, does that make ghost hunting maraly wrong?
If there is an after-life, should people not worry about doing the right things to get into it?  

Lord Jagged
Captain

redblackspider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:58 pm
Lord Jagged
redblackspider
Where do we go?

But if people wander the earth when they die, does that make ghost hunting maraly wrong?
If there is an after-life, should people not worry about doing the right things to get into it?

That depends completely on them as a catholic i believe if you do wrong on earth then you will go to hell so i should try to be good (never works)
and to be honest i find the idea of a ghost hunter rather...stupid. How can you kill a ghost isn’t it already dead?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:00 pm
But there are different groups within catholasism that have different ideas of what is "right".

As for the ghost thing, a ghost is dead, but due to what it is, a spirit I suppose, I would still have a personality. So, trapping, banishing or destroying ghosts could be seen as morally wrong.  

Lord Jagged
Captain

redblackspider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:04 pm
Ok lets say spirits do wonder the earth
1. Why
2. How
3.Personality do they still have human qualities?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:05 pm
redblackspider
Ok lets say spirits do wonder the earth
1. Why
2. How
3.Personality do they still have human qualities?

That is part of the reason this guild is here.
If you take a look around, there will be many answers to those questions spread out through the threads. biggrin  

Lord Jagged
Captain

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:54 pm
I personally believe, based on all the information I've gathered over the years, that when we physically die we persist as an earthbound spirit for 24 to 48 hours until our spirit bodies dissolve and we return to "the source".

I suppose I think of returning to the source as a journy through the higher levels of the astral plane until one finally reunites with the cosmic energy.

If one is knowledgeable of what's happening after physical death I believe it's possible to extend this earthbound state and become undead; at least in spirit. Some speculate that by doing this and draining the energy of the living one can become so energized that they could become corporeal again.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:32 pm
I would love to know where we go when we die. I used to love to believe that we are reincarnated into something or someone else, that was my explanations for my "deja-vues"  

arcticwolf_blue

Dangerous Werewolf

14,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Lady Phantom Angel

Friendly Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:55 pm
you can believe me or not

But when you die if you didn't finish what you were put on earth to do Then you will be reborn again and again until you do. Ifthe soul has completed the goal then one is free to do as you wish to return to paredise as some may say or return to life has one may want.  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff