Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
AAAAHHHHH THE FILM!!!! WHAT HAVE THEY DONE Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you . . . .?
. . . . only seen the film
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
. . . . only read the book
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
. . . . only listened to the radio series
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
. . . . everything!!!
85%
 85%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 41

potoroo99

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:56 am
i think the film was terrible, and i haven't read the book but i can quote the entire radio series, and they just made it into a children tv type programme

which did everyone prefere?  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:15 pm
Considering the book is an adaptation of the radio shows, you'll prolly hate that too.

I loved the book and the movie. Adams' humour is great in any medium.

Kiss in Digital

LilaTheMoo

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:40 pm
potoroo99
i think the film was terrible, and i haven't read the book but i can quote the entire radio series, and they just made it into a children tv type programme

which did everyone prefere?
You do realize that whatever "they" did to the movie, was a direct result of what DNA wanted. He wrote the screenplay, and worked on the movie before he died. It was good, but they should've added more things from the guide itself. The first book was almost entirely focused on the guide itself.  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:57 pm
Despite a couple things that I found quite irksome, I thought they did a pretty good job of it. No(t many) complaints here.  

Tinnumir

Ghost Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:31 pm
I thought it was totally radical, everything was just brilliantly portrayed, most especially the Guide, my only two slight but easily disregarded peeves were what I will hereby refer to as the "Arthur-Trillain Incident" and the fact that Mos Def made Ford a little too bit "fruity" instead of froody , with his wanting to hug and be kind towards everything instead of the dry wit and nonchalant attitude he had in the book.

The dolphin choir more than makes up for all of that! biggrin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:51 pm
Lord Salem
I
Yeah it does! heart  

phobia2001

potoroo99

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:14 am
the reason why i didn't like the film was because they missed out my favourite parts and added things that just didn't work, it wasn't a bad film, it just wasn't right  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:47 am
The movie itself is ok compared to the book. But this is like most books made into movies, somehow they come up short. And you cant blame DNA for that(seeing how he never really saw the end result to fix anything) however the movie was really humurous and had a great cast. The actor playing Zaphod Beeblebrox was perfect along with the great rendition of Marvin. So all in all the book is better yes only because it has more detail in the siituations they get into but that doesnt mean that the movie was bad.  

i n c u b u s

Verax

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 12:45 pm
Comparing a movie to every thing that came before it is a very bad idea.

Movies are so different from radio plays and books.

The movie was excellent and had a lot of supreme Douglas Adams humor.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 1:02 pm
I liked it. Yeah it could have been better, but it entertained me.  

Zombies Ate My Savior

Polan

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:30 pm
I was particularly fond of the movie. I found the few add-ons great (I heart the concentration helmet!), and it followed the book quite nicely, though it seemed a little rushed. But I actually really liked the film.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 3:11 pm
Lord Salem
I thought it was totally radical, everything was just brilliantly portrayed, most especially the Guide, my only two slight but easily disregarded peeves were what I will hereby refer to as the "Arthur-Trillain Incident" and the fact that Mos Def made Ford a little too bit "fruity" instead of froody , with his wanting to hug and be kind towards everything instead of the dry wit and nonchalant attitude he had in the book.

heart yep! ⌡⌡⌡ so long, so long!  

alis in wonderland

Periathien

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:18 pm
I loved the opening o fthe movie. When I was watching it, all I could think was: "This is how Douglas Adams wanted his book to be. This is the essense of DA." Marvin was absolutely perfect, though I did not like the portrayal of Trillian. I liked that they made Zaphod more lovable than he is in the books, but I didn't lke that they made him SO INCREDIBLY STUPID. In the books he's a little dim, but mostly he's just self- centered and rude. Other than that, i absolutely loved it. I SAW IT ON OPENING NIGHT! I'm so proud of myself.  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:24 pm
I saw the preview and at first I thought I was going to hate it. I usually dislike most movies that are made from books I've read. Surprisingly, to mee at least, I loved the movie. whee  

[Seriph]

ECUnlimited

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 9:04 pm
Verax
Comparing a movie to every thing that came before it is a very bad idea.

Movies are so different from radio plays and books.

The movie was excellent and had a lot of supreme Douglas Adams humor.

Exactly my attitude when watching a movie derived from something previous.

If you go in with the attitude that it's going to be close to its predesecor, you will be horribly dissipointed.

I tohught the changes the made were great. I'm happy they ued a different plot because it wasn't just seieng the book in action. Because now I didn't know what was going to happen, and it made the movie much funner to watch.  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games