Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

CrimeLad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:09 pm
I enjoy most things, I think. Specifically, I'd say I'm a fan of drama, intrigue, and action. But honestly it all comes down to the characters; as long as the characters involved are compelling and believable, I like it.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:12 pm
*farting around, thinking about MHA and how wonderful that show truly is*  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:05 am
It's good that the RPing groups you found aren't too demanding of your time expectation-wise.
And now we must wait 6 months for Season 4 of MHA. For the upcoming Fall season we're getting a lot of sequel series, so I'm pretty happy with that.

Welcome, Crime!
Gaia may have changed a lot, but Guilds sure haven't. xp
I don't know much about BattleTech, but I remember my cousins being into MechWarrior & BattleTech back in the day.

Welcome, Vamp!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:00 pm
The wait for more MHA will not be a pleasant one, but nothing can be done about it. I suppose this is a consequence I had forgotten about with all the cord cutting and going to the internet rather than cable for my entertainment needs. The realities still exist.

Saw Venom, and I don't care what the critics say. That was a fun movie. I truly enjoyed it once the titular character began to surface. If anything, this was a buddy-vigilante movie. The symbiote talking in Brock's mind was a wonderful counterpoint and offered several truly deep belly laughs. It was a fun romp with great performances by Tom Hardy. As he provided both the performance as Brock and the voice of Venom, it was easy to see how well they interacted. There are high hopes for a sequel, given the tease in the mid-credits scene.

Yeah, the RP demands are not high yet, but they are steadily growing. I have a Bleach RP that has drawn me back in . . . so there is one. An arrancar character is tempting as well, making two. Then the X-men RP has been rebooted, so I have two more characters there, and finally a 1x1 that is still slowly moving. Going from 1 to 4 is a bit of a jump, but it is finally fun to write again.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 pm
....I want to watch Venom again. It was too much fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:39 am
Still, at least it's a known-length wait; most anime aren't so lucky.

Playing 2 characters, having constant conversation no less, is quite the challenge; good he was able to pull it off.

A lot fo avenues, just don't get in too deep too quickly.
The Pathfinder 2 Playtest run that my DM & I were going to do has been shelved due to RL being too busy for both of us too often.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:09 pm
Having the same person play both the human and the symbiote means that the person has a similar speaking style, and the two voice would mesh well. Hell, we RP and that in and of itself is what he did. The point is that he was talented enough to make us want to hear more. Beyond anything else the film did, the dynamic of Brock/Venom was what sold it. That is what made me laugh so hard, and makes me want to see it again.

True, the wait isn't really all that long- but long enough to make me groan about it. I can only rewatch the series so many times. ^_~ But then, there is hope to see the movie become available. Goodness knows I want to see that.

Real life sucks a**. No two ways around that.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:08 pm
Meandering on through, as I do every day.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:55 am
True, there is an analogue to RPing.

At least this month has Catslevania S2 & presumably Stranger Things S3 via Netflix. Which reminds me, I need to restart my Netflix account (I only keep it Oct-Dec each year).

So true, work can be so demanding & tiring ><  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:55 am
I know how I'm greatly looking forward to Castlevania. The first season was so good! That, and mixed feelings about Voltron. The new season makes me smile, but it being the last is sad.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:03 pm
I think Castlevania S2 releases tomorrow.

Ah, I didn't realize it was being canceled or finishing.
I loved the original Voltron as a little kid, so I'm sure I'd like that, especially since it has a AtLA (Avatar) feel to it.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:51 am
It was made by the same Studio that did Cora. So the animation is similar, but does have a distinct feel. I must say, I'm a huge fan of the new series. It does a wonderful job with the characters, and still has a lot of unique content all its own. What is odd is that there aren't really that many big robots to fight. In the old series there was the monster of the week. In this one, it's more varied as far as the threats.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:49 pm
@Korra: Ah, that would make sense, then.
I'll have to check it out since I just renewed Netflix for Castlevania S2 yesterday. I'll also probably end up re-watching some Jim Gaffigan - so few clean comedians...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:04 pm
I watched all of season 2 yesterday. It was... Interesting. It had a lot of high notes, but seemed not to live up to how wonderful the first season was. It also had a bit of a bittersweet ending. That's all I will say for now, I don't want to ruin it for you.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 pm
I keep trying to get around to it, but finding the time lately has been difficult.

I did veg out in front of Kill Bill 1 this past weekend, b/c the fight scene in Japan is great cinema.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games