Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:07 pm
Never seen it. I know that people have raved over kill bill for the longest time. It just never called to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:07 am
If you have Netflix, it's worth a watch, I'd say. If you've ever seen other Tarantino films, it definitely fits. This one is anime-inspired in many regards, and the soundtrack is well-chosen to boot.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:25 pm
While I do like my anime...I'm not a film buff. Even less of a Tarantino fan. I just dont get it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:56 pm
Fair enough. Tarantino's definitely not for everybody.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:43 am
I feel like I have been neglecting this place. And yet, no one is posted anywhere for me to have missed them. I wish this place wasn't so dead.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 8:42 am
Same, though I'm no help in that matter. Unfortunately our new members are greeted by no active RPs or RPers.

Happy Thanksgiving!  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:07 pm
Unfortunately, activity begets activity. Like momentum, if no activity is there, then no more happens, and it spirals down. Conversely, if there is activity, it feeds on itself.

Happy holiday, to all.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:12 pm
Good ole feedback loops.

Never been complimented & thrown under the bus at the same time to a 3rd party before.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm
Yoder
Never been complimented & thrown under the bus at the same time to a 3rd party before.

Excuse me?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:23 pm
Sorry, forgot to provide context. I was referring to a situation at work yesterday. sweatdrop
My boss at my company told my client I was valuable to them, and b/c they were afraid I would quit, they're putting me on a client I want more.
The actual story is that my company needs me to lead the a programming team on another client, so I have no idea why they messages it in such a false & honestly unprofessional-looking way.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:51 am
It was an attempt at ego stroking, giving you what the company needs you to have while making you feel as if it were a gift. To lionize you in hopes that you would glean satisfaction from the assignment. In truth, it was to serve their own needs, but if you take to the task enthusiastically with a smile- they benefit even more.

Then again, I am feeling rather cynical and aggressive at the moment, so that may have influenced my outlook.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:51 pm
I could see that interpretation, but the e-mail was not sent to me, and I only saw it incidentally, b/c my client started the "me leaving conversation" very differently than I was anticipating.

Even still, you're likely correct. Especially in the field of consulting, cynicism is often the correct standpoint.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 pm
Despite Red Dead Redemption 2 winning so many awards this year, God of War managed to get Game of the Year at this year's Game Awards.
Detroit Become Human & Octopath Traveler didn't win any this year, which is a huge shame.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:27 pm
I'm just getting into a more cynical and indecorous age. It is hard to find joy in things anymore. Not that I am a grump 24/7. Just that I am rather hard to impress any longer.

Believe me, I am quite pleased to learn of GoW getting game of the year. It certainly deserves it. If my information is correct, it also won best director and one or two other things. Now, if I cared more about westerns (I loathe them), then RDR2 having won so much would be equally enjoyable. As it is, no reaction.

Detroit Become Human is still on my radar, as something that is highly desired. Perhaps in time I can pick it up for cheap. As it is now, my lack of funds keeps me from doing much of anything. Octopath traveler. . . I've heard of it, but have yet to pay it any attention.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:58 pm
I know the feeling. Since I work a lot and basically never go anywhere else, I find it hard to get in the holiday mood the past few years.

Yeah, I like certain westerns, but the genre as a whole doesn't do much for me either.

I watched a Let's Play of it (PewDiePie, of all people) since I don't have PS4, and Connor's was my favorite story.
I don't think you have a Switch, which is the only system Octopath released for.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games