Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
The answers to why Emos are hated Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hugsei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:12 pm
Ok, so I have been reading posts and creatig ideas to try to figure this out. If your idea is mentioned please tell me so I can give you credit.

1. It is new, and people are afraid of what is new, goth is still getting harassed for this same reason.

2. The media and stereotypes have portrade us ALL as cutters who over-react and cry all the time.

3. The government tries to hide everythng that is really happening but we are more opened minded and see what it is reall oing, but the rest of the world is content with the idea that nothing is wrong, so they are angered by others with different ideas.

4. We see deeper meanings in thing therefore we are thought of as over reacting, we see that when a book gets buned it is more than just a few dollars, it is someones ideas. People velieve we are rediculioius for this.

If you have your own Ideas, please tell me, I'll add them with citations to you.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:38 pm
Hidden Wind Runner
Ok, so I have been reading posts and creatig ideas to try to figure this out. If your idea is mentioned please tell me so I can give you credit.

1. It is new, and people are afraid of what is new, goth is still getting harassed for this same reason.

2. The media and stereotypes have portrade us ALL as cutters who over-react and cry all the time.

3. The government tries to hide everythng that is really happening but we are more opened minded and see what it is reall oing, but the rest of the world is content with the idea that nothing is wrong, so they are angered by others with different ideas.

4. We see deeper meanings in thing therefore we are thought of as over reacting, we see that when a book gets buned it is more than just a few dollars, it is someones ideas. People velieve we are rediculioius for this.

If you have your own Ideas, please tell me, I'll add them with citations to you.

1. Goth isn't new, Bauhaus has been around since the early 80's and started the genre, along with bands like the Cure and the Cult, also early-80s-debuted.

2. What media? The news couldn't care less what's going on in pop culture.

3. Last I checked, being concerned with the government had nothing to do with emo or its stereotype.

4. What people are doing that?

You need proof and true facts, kiddo.

-Isel-

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:25 pm
..........................i don't think those are the answers.......  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:56 am
1) WE ARE DIFFERENT.

that's why they hate us. Pretty much no other reason.
We have different ways at looking at things.
We don't look the same way.

Humans tend to hate anything that isn't like them.
emo  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 8:13 am
Actually the simple answer is, mosty emo's are pretentious kids that think they are saying things that are ground breaking and prolific, but only when regurgetating to their friends or people they aim to impress something that was read over the internet and passing it off as their own idea, when in actuallity, these conversations have already been had by the people you lecturing, and a much more satisfactory conclusion drawn.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:56 pm
*sigh* This is starting to get stupid.
Scene emos are the ones that MAKE others HATE real emos.

Real emos:
1. Are not trying to impress anyone
2. Have their own means of letting emotions out, they don't always cut.

Those are some good reasons though...  

Love.From.Hate

5,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ms. Blood

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:30 pm
I agree with Eekay's we're different but it is also because people dislike everything. There will always be a clump of people that hate something or someone so no apparent reason. It's the way humans work. Plus.. I think we may give off a certain pheramone or summat. THe 'hate us cause we are cooler than thou' pheramone. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:09 pm
I agree that people hate us because we're different  

ComradeKira

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:33 am
redheadrebel
I agree that people hate us because we're different

No no no no

Your all fools, its not because your different, its because the majority of emo's or people claiming to be emo, fit this loathsome stereotype of a kid depressed because his mom wouldn't buy him a pony and that thinks, every word that rolls of his, tongue is unique and prolific, despite whats being sdaid the same things people have known for 100s of years. Whilst pertaining that fun, is running up and hugging random strangers and generally being 'random' (Even though they are all planned, so therefore not random). Also annexxed from general pop cul,ture, yet laugh at people, who fail to understand your sub-culture, which creates so many posers and scene kids, because of this elitest attitude, where by if someone asks for genuin e advice about how to be emo, you laugh at them, causing them to be scene.

*Takes a deep breath*

Of course, as I said, thats the image the majority put forth, most of the people in here aren't like that (Though there are some). Its just your so far spread and so lacking in numbers, that you fail to break this image people have of you.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:55 am
everyone has different reasons so there arent really an agreement between anyone...  

[.Blindfolded.Love.]

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:56 am
Kaichii_Kurosaki
everyone has different reasons so there arent really an agreement between anyone...

I maintain mine is the reason.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:57 am
Rellik San
Kaichii_Kurosaki

see? ...thats what everyone says...  

[.Blindfolded.Love.]

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:00 am
Kaichii_Kurosaki
Rellik San
Kaichii_Kurosaki

But with mine, it others several, reasons, of which people can pick and chose, to say its because emo's are different, is to underestimate human nature.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:02 am
Rellik San
Kaichii_Kurosaki
Rellik San
Kaichii_Kurosaki

But with mine, it others several, reasons, of which people can pick and chose, to say its because emo's are different, is to underestimate human nature.

now your making my head explode... >.<
...what i stick to is several reasons.... atlhough i dont really feel like naming them....

[.Blindfolded.Love.]

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:04 am
Kaichii_Kurosaki
Rellik San
Kaichii_Kurosaki
Rellik San
Kaichii_Kurosaki

now your making my head explode... >.<
...what i stick to is several reasons.... atlhough i dont really feel like naming them....

Then without understandig of possible reasons for the irrational hatred, what chance to people have of overcomming such flaws, if they can be claimed as such, and accpeted into the admittedly fringes of respectable society?  
The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games