Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
Venoms?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kseniya`

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:54 am

I've lately been thinking about getting my tongue pierced sometime within the next few years and so I looked up different kinds of tongue piercings and I found venoms. So I thought... instead of getting two on the end of my tongue, I should just get one on either side. Sort-of like a normal tongue piercing, but off to the left and closer to the end of my tongue...

But, I need some info on these piercings that I just thought I'd ask about here because people here might have some experiences. Like, does it usually hurt, how long for it to heal, any sideeffects... (like with lip rings there's rubbing on teeth/gums, anything like that?)

Any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:53 pm
Your tongue will swell for about 5 days, it will hurt, it will take up to 6 months to fully heal but it will be stable in a couple weeks, and the balls can errode your gums  

Terragar

Eclipse Twilight V.2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:55 pm
Not sure on venoms. But when I got my tongue pierced it didn't hurt at all, felt pretty intersting; and took about two to four weeks to heal fully for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:46 pm
Due to the side placement of the venoms they can cause chipped and cracked teeth, worn down enamal. That sort of thing which is pretty much the same for a regular tongue piercing.  

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

kseniya`

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:34 am
Ahh thank you. biggrin
Just what I needed to know.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:07 pm
It makes you lisp!  

tebbles

Mesic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:34 am
I'm reading all of this, and I can't really endorse any of these rumors... I have venoms, and have had this piercing for going on six years now.
I sing, I talk, I eat, I french kiss my boyfriend, all with no ill effects. I resent the statement that it makes you lisp... I used to have a lisp as a child, and I actually find I speak more precisely with the barbells in because I had to learn to use my tongue differently during the healing process.

As for your questions, I didn't really think the pain was so bad during piercing. It was a very quick piercing, and I could even eat immediately after. The next day, the swelling and a mild achiness restricted me from eating slightly, but warm soup and cold drinks helped immensely. I got the barbells changed from the longer piercing bars to a nice, normal 5/8" and I rarely bite them unless I'm trying to eat something too large for my mouth. Mine are placed comfortably far back, and sit in the natural pocket of my lower jaw. Healing time was something like three months until it no longer felt "tender", but I could talk normally and eat fine after two weeks.

My dentist calls me the "poster child for the American Dental Association". My enamel is beautiful and I have no wear on any of my teeth, never even find the barbell touching my teeth, which is the benefit of wearing a barbell that's the proper length for your tongue. I wear steel beads, but if you're too worried about erosion or chipping your teeth, acrylic will work fine.
Ironically, even though I HAVE chipped a tooth, it was from biting on an icecube wrong. So therefore, you have just as good a chance of dental damage from icecubes as tongue piercings. XD

Venoms are awesome. To inspire you further, here is a picture of exactly how happy I am with mine. blaugh
Happy piercing!

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff