Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Hippie Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild promoting peace, love and music. 

Tags: Hippie, Flower Child, Peace, Love, Music 

Reply The Gaian Hippie Guild
Incense is evil? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

corporal muttonchops

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:29 pm
Right, according to this recent survey, incense sends more polluting chemicals into the air than a a car and also contains chemicals which cause cancer, making it as deadly as smoking. Yet its been used for thousands of years without worry. Whats your thoughts on this?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:39 am
omg how strang i have recently been thinking about that. I think its true becuz of wat my frend sayd. its like still smoke ya know. soo i was like oh crap yea it is. i think im goin to just burn natural incense now like flowers and sage and stuff.  

hippie-san

Astrox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:05 pm
Smoke is Smoke.
Whether it comes from a car, a cigar or a bonfire, it will do a little bit of damage...

As for incense, stay away from those that list weird chemical ingredients.

Buy natural and homemade incense.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:37 am
I feel that, in recent years, everything is causing cancer, and everything is polluting. Since it's been used for as long as it has, I say just keep with it as long as it's natural, like Astrox said. 3nodding  

ToxicHobbit

Peace Love And Skate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:55 am
Im sure incense has chemicals in it. Lots of s**t harms the environment. Follow your inside voice, man xD Incense isn't evil, man.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:44 pm
dude Im scared now. Where can I get natural incense, and find out if it has chemicals. I love incense so much it relaxes me, but I want to find something natural. If you guys could help me out that would be cool.

peace.  

mintchip40459

oddspongeout

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:43 pm
Oh, gosh. Now I'm going to be hesitant to light incense again. I didn't know that. XD That might explain why it gave me such a killer headache the first time I lit it. . .  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 6:38 pm
its not bad to burn if you do it for special times... it is only bad when your burning several a week or more... keep it in moderation...  

cup o water

Tree Beatle Maiden

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:48 pm
oddspongeout
Oh, gosh. Now I'm going to be hesitant to light incense again. I didn't know that. XD That might explain why it gave me such a killer headache the first time I lit it. . .
My friend lights incense in her room all the time when I come over. I think I have gotten headaches before... I can't believe I never thought it might be dangerous. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:25 am
Well this is the first time I've heard of my Nag Champa giving people the big "C".

As for the people who are getting headaches, baking yourself in a small room with incense without open windows isn't a good idea to begin with. I love the smell of Nag after a smoke, but I usually crack a window open a half hour later or so. If there's a window ajar when you light it, and you still get a headache, I suggest picking a different brand.

I've bought some gross incense from head shops, usually the end of the sticks are colored differently from each other. Let's just say the vanilla smelt like a**. 3nodding  

Plumbarius

Pirri

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:47 am
Ventilation is good. Also, not all incense is created equally: be aware not only of what's in it, but how you personally will react to the smoke and the scent.

It's true people have been burning incense for thousands of years...but people have also been getting cancer for thousands of years. It's only been very recently that we can figure out what causes cancers and why.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:09 am
yeah like i was at my frends house last night and i had to go to my house and get my enhaler cuz it made me unable to breathe well, tht incense smelt hella good but i culdnt breathe, nvr happened before. . .  

hippie-san

Tuesday Child

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:05 am
too much of anything will give you cancer  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:53 pm
WHo care I'll still burn it.It just smells better than a siggarret(I didn't spell that right) thats all.  

_-iamoftheuniverse-_

Lidaby

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:29 pm
Ahh, yeah I know it's bad for your lungs and stuff... but... it smells nice! better for you than smokes or marjuhana, which I don't do. Eh, I'll keep burning away the incense till I find some nice scented flowers somewhere.  
The Gaian Hippie Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff