Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Welcome to Infinite possibilities! [rules found here]no post

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
but did we change to learn?
100%
 100%  [ 44 ]
Total Votes : 44

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:59 pm
Welcome to the guild!

By now, I surmise you've realized what this is about. Not too hard to figure out. Hey look, that rhymed. I swear, that was unintentional. Really. Stop looking at me like that.

I'm your Captain, Spastic waffles. Any questions, PM me.

Now, onto the important stuff, like rules and information, and all that.

Directory

Intro-You are here
Rules-Post 2
Mods-Post 3
Subforums-Post 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:03 pm
Rules

1. Respect the gaia ToS. A given.
1a. Gaia is PG-13, as is this guild. Nothing that would be considered above PG-13 should show up anywhere. If you write something that you are unsure of, PM a mod (me included) asking if it's ok to be posted. (Mods, use your own discretion here) If you write something and are sure it is above a PG-13 rating, I would suggest making a post asking for people to take a look at it, with warning that it is for mature audiences only, and then PM it to those willing.

2. Please be literate. This is a writer's guild, you should be able to type out your words.

3. Respect everyone in the guild. Issues with other members should be brought to a mod or the member in PMs. This is one of the biggest rules in my book, and one of the only ones where I will consider banning outright, without warning, depending on the severity of the disrespect shown.
3b.No flaming anyone's work. Constructive criticism only.

4. Don't just post your own work and expect everyone to respond/comment on it, without responding/commenting on other's works! Try commenting on a few posts when you post a piece of your own. You post your works so that others can read them, please show everyone else the same courtesy of reading and responding to their works. After all, that's what this guild is all about.

5. Be active! Post works, respond to works, join contests...that's what this guild is here for!

6. You may run writing contests, and we now have a subforum for them. Be fair, and no obscene profit-gaining from contests. Moderate profit gains are fine, however.

7. Before making your first post, please make sure whatever you're posting doesn't belong in one of our subforums! We have had a lot of issues with this. We do have quite a few subforums, but most are quite self-explanatory in the names...we would very much appreciate if you would take a few moments to make sure you are posting in the right place so that the crew doesn't have to move your thread.

8. Please don't spam in the main forum. Spam in the spamming subforum only. Discussions about your writing/writing in general/books do NOT count as spam. As long as it's a discussion. "OMMGZZ HP iz awesome!!!" Is not a discussion, and does count as spam.

9. Please read and comment on one other person's work/essay/rambling before posting your own. All we ask is one, that's not too hard!

10. This one is not so much a rule as a suggestion. It would be very much appreciated if you would put a guild banner in your sig. I'm not going to ban, warn, or in any way punish any member for not doing this, but it does help to spread the word about the guild (most of you reading this are probably about to tell me that you saw about the guild in someone's sig banner), and so if you want this guild to grow, a sig banner would help us. Just head on over to our banners thread, there are plenty to choose from in all shapes and sizes!

11. The General Info thread is important. Read it when it is updated. Pretty much it's my place for letting you guys know what's up in the guild...contests started, rules changing, events...anything.

12. This should be obvious, but I'm putting it down as a rule anyway. While I cannot neccesarily watch this...THOU SHALT NOT STEAL. By this, I mean: every work posted in this guild is the work of someone. A real, living person. You did not write it. Therefore, you are not to claim it as your own ANYWHERE. The things in this guild are posted in good confidence that members of this guild will respect the rights of others. This includes the right to one's own work. We're all writers here...you wouldn't want someone claiming your work as their own in anything (in or out of Gaia), and I expect you to show that same courtesy to others in this guild by not claiming their work as your own. If I manage to find out you've done this, you will be banned. No questions asked.

13. Most importantly, have fun!

14. Rules subject to change.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:26 pm
Mods and Other Important People

Captain-Spastic waffles
Vice Captain-Tak Jak
Guild mule-TheLiterateNinja
Mod-BlackHawkGS
Mod-Kirbyvictorious
Mod-lmm7777

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:04 pm
Subforums

Your easy "does this thread belong in a subforum?" guide. All of this information (in some cases, plus some) is stated in the welcome thread made for each subforum. Please read it first.

Book/writing discussions: Anything that is ABOUT writing, but isn't actually a writing piece. Topics about how/where/why you write go here, along with works by other people you want to discuss. GIVE CREDIT WHERE CREDIT IS DUE OR IT IS PLAGIRISM!!!

Zahmen's writing advice: Come for tips and hints. Create your own thread with things you've found useful while writing, or come to read one already posted. If you've hit a rough spot in your writing, this is the place to get some help.

General chatter (spam): Talk about anything. Few rules apply here (but there are still some!)

Completed works: Where you can put your formerly Works in Progress once they are no longer works in progress. To request that a work be moved, PM Waffles, Tak, or any other mod.

Writing contests/games: I shouldn't have to explain this one. XD It's for writing contests. Zahmen runs it. You can make/join/advertise contests here. You can also post any writing-involved games.

Works in progress: Where all those half-finished works go.

Poetry/lyricism: For poems and songs. Obviously. Man, I need to make these subforum titles less obvious so that I have something to write here.

Collaborative Works: So you guys can get together and write more awesome stuff. It's also where you can roleplay.

Crew: So us mods/VCs/Captains can go and talk about the rest of you...er...discuss important guild things.

Guildwide events: For things such as aniversary events, spotlight, random parties, and suchforth and so on.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces