Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Suggestions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:06 pm
Here at Infinite Possibilities, we want everyone to have a say in what goes on in the guild.

How do you think this guild can be better? What are you dying to see in the guild? what do you want to scream at me about through the computer screen?

Whether you joined two hours ago or have been here since day two of operation, we want to hear from you. This is your fun place to tell me that I'm doing my job wrong and how to do it right. And I can't get angry. ^_^ Just don't be too harsh, ok?

So if you have any suggestions, go ahead and post them here. I love hearing feedback from members.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:08 pm
Well things are looking pretty good so far.
But if I think of something.
--I will scream at you over the computer to get it done now!--
xp
Not.
lol
But I will let you know.

heart ~Remy

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

lucyVUITTON

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:19 pm
I have a suggestion: A role play thread of some sort?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:36 pm
lmm7777
I have a suggestion: A role play thread of some sort?
That sounds like a good idea, but I haven't the strenght to think up a plotline, or story, or anything of the sort.

If you guys want to start roleplays in the main forum, go ahead, and eventually, we may get a subforum for it.

Which is our next order of business.

-skitters off mysteriously-

Spastic waffles
Captain

x0x_Skyelark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:51 am
How about a mod or somebody who knows what they're doing? Like, for banner-making, or the home page for the guild. I've got experience with CSS and HTML and could easily make that thing look decent.

If only I could get Photoshop to work.

Like I said, I'm 18 and have moderated at numerous forums. Just thought I'd offer.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 1:22 pm
x0x_Skyelark
How about a mod or somebody who knows what they're doing? Like, for banner-making, or the home page for the guild. I've got experience with CSS and HTML and could easily make that thing look decent.

If only I could get Photoshop to work.

Like I said, I'm 18 and have moderated at numerous forums. Just thought I'd offer.
As of now, I haven't a need for mods. Once we get more members, I'll be promoting some people, but for now, I just want to get to know everyone before promoting anyone. lmm and I had an agreement from the start that she would help buy the gulid and become vice captain, that's why she was promoted.  

Spastic waffles
Captain

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:57 am
FINALLY!
I have come up with a suggestion.

As a moderator for another forum.
We required members to reply to a couple other topics
before posting something of their own.

Since this is still a new guild,
Maybe users should reply to atleast one or two topics
before posting their own.
This will ensure that evryone gets their work read.
So they wont feel left out.
Because its one thing to go in for poll gold.
But you should at least acknowledge that you read their work also.

And as time goes by and more people join.
Just bump the number to 3 replies for one post

3 for 1.

Just an idea.
I thought of it when I was adjusting the rules
on the forum I moderate for.

heart -Remy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:00 pm
Yeah, I've been thinking about doing that too.

Oh, and your "New mod", Simply insanity, is my mule. Just in case anyone was wondering. I just made him a mod for simplicities sake.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 5:00 pm
Whos the new mod?
And yeah for another mule.
lol

heart -Remy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:20 pm
Well...

Here's an idea. In my guild, I have been pushing all active members to add the guild mule to their friendslist. This is because, until a mass PM system is introduced, it's the only way to get important messages to all members quickly and efficiently through PM ("Send to Friends" or something to that effect). You could even start a monthly newsletter or something.  

shazzer

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:47 pm
Shazzer
Well...

Here's an idea. In my guild, I have been pushing all active members to add the guild mule to their friendslist. This is because, until a mass PM system is introduced, it's the only way to get important messages to all members quickly and efficiently through PM ("Send to Friends" or something to that effect). You could even start a monthly newsletter or something.
I could do that with the guild mule, since her only friends right now are me and one of my IRL friends.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll make it a rule that you have to add randocramps to your friendslist for guildwide announcements and such.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:48 pm
Well, I'm not quite sure about this but there's mostly girls here right? Well, If we ever get more guys, we can make them where speedos! xd How 'bout it? j/k  

Oukow

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:47 pm
NOT. A. CHANCE.

I was on a swim team. I don't even want hot guys in speedos.

Speedos make me want to gouge my eyes out with a spork. A rusty, dull spork.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:10 am
Spastic waffles
NOT. A. CHANCE.

I was on a swim team. I don't even want hot guys in speedos.

Speedos make me want to gouge my eyes out with a spork. A rusty, dull spork.

XD okay then  

Oukow

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:06 pm
I've noticed a slight lack of quality critiques in the guild.

Mine included.

Any suggestions as to how we can get this place better at critiquing other's work?

..Sorry if I offend anyone. I didn't mean to. I just want this guild to be..well...perfect, actually. XD

It's just that most of the comments I see on people's work are simply "that's really good". And that doesn't really help writers to become any better.

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff