Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Bloodhound Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kurenai_Youkai

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:43 am
Anyone here read 'Bloodhound'? I quite like it. I've read many criticisms of it online because a lot of KY fans slate it because of the fact that it doesn't have such a tragic plot as most of her other work. I think that it's good that all of her stories aren't tragic though. Although I like tragic plots, variety is the spice of life.

What did everyone else think of 'Bloodhound'?  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:55 am
I've read it and loved it! xd I just love Suou... But I think it was a little too short (or maybe, I haven't read the whole manga...hmm). confused
I liked the vampires the most, the main character, Rion, was very amusing and unlike Kaori Yuki's other mangas, this one had humor in it.  

[Lagrashu]

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:16 am
Mahiro
I've read it and loved it! xd I just love Suou... But I think it was a little too short (or maybe, I haven't read the whole manga...hmm). confused
I liked the vampires the most, the main character, Rion, was very amusing and unlike Kaori Yuki's other mangas, this one had humor in it.

THere is an additional chapter after the first 3 that went into the tankoubon. It looks like Kaori Yuki and her editors are planning to release more of the story, but it will be on their own time ^_^;; I havent seen much news of it lately...  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:39 am
Sai-kun
Mahiro

THere is an additional chapter after the first 3 that went into the tankoubon. It looks like Kaori Yuki and her editors are planning to release more of the story, but it will be on their own time ^_^;; I havent seen much news of it lately...

Aha! Thankies! ^^ (what's the tankoubon??)  

[Lagrashu]

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:48 am
Mahiro
Sai-kun
Mahiro

Its the compilation of all the magazine serializations of each chapter into a book form.
It's your standard graphic novel book.
In Japan, a lot of manga starts out as weekly, monthly or otherwise released chapters in a special magazine. If the manga is popular or large enough, the chapters will be compiled into a volume called tankoubon.  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 12:07 pm
Sai-kun
Mahiro
Sai-kun
Mahiro

Its the compilation of all the magazine serializations of each chapter into a book form.
It's your standard graphic novel book.
In Japan, a lot of manga starts out as weekly, monthly or otherwise released chapters in a special magazine. If the manga is popular or large enough, the chapters will be compiled into a volume called tankoubon.

I feel educated. xd  

[Lagrashu]

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:08 am
I enjoyed reading it. It's not as dark as her other stuff but I liked reading something different from her for a change (not that there's anything wrong with her dark and depressing stories though 3nodding ). I saw pictures of the continuation but they were scanned in Japanese so I had no idea what was happening but I had an idea based on the pictures 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 6:30 am
I just read bloodhound. I liked it. biggrin

I don't think it was THAT much of a change from her normal stuff. Of course it was lighter, but it still seemed to have her touch to it.  

achromatic grey

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:03 pm
It still has a dark, sad edge to it though there hasnt been much development on that front...
There was a young woman that Suou knew in his past that died and Rion makes him and the others think about her a lot. She was something special, like the essence of purity or something...damn...I think its time to do a refresher on all of Kaori Yuki's manga -_-;  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 7:36 am
I liked this manga and I really wish I could read the continuation of it. I love the vampires in this manga, probably some of my favorites. Eh, it's true that it's not as dark as her other stories, but the dark plots aren't the only reason Kaori-sensei's manga are good. Can't quite explain it (cause I was never good at explaining stuff) but there's stuff to it that makes it just as good as her other works...IMO anyway.  

Bemused Dreamer

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:10 am
I like Bloodhound, for some reason i think of it as a very sweet manga. I know it isn't really, with the murders and such, but the relation between rion and Suou is... sweet. I love the ending. Bittersweet.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:28 am
Bloodhoeund is one of my favourites, probably because it has both pretty much funny situations and the typical Kaori-Yuki-atmosphere.
I wish I could read the last chapter...
And I agree with Sanekazure, it is really a sweet manga.  

Katinchen012

CuteLittleSociopath

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:48 pm
I loved IT!!!!!!!! xp
I was looking at the graphic novel for it on ebay, and they said there is a live action show in Japan based on it called The Vampire Gigolo. Anyone heard of it?  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 4:41 am
TheSkitzoNinja
I loved IT!!!!!!!! xp
I was looking at the graphic novel for it on ebay, and they said there is a live action show in Japan based on it called The Vampire Gigolo. Anyone heard of it?

Yes, I have heard a little about it, but I don't know much. I saw some pics of the actors, and they looked alright at a first glance at least...  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:38 pm
Sanekazura
TheSkitzoNinja
I loved IT!!!!!!!! xp

Yes, I have heard a little about it, but I don't know much. I saw some pics of the actors, and they looked alright at a first glance at least...

Ive got the ads...it was made into a live action ::nods:: I dont think it was ever aired on tv, it was just a special you can get through hana to yume...
if someone wants to see em I can scan em.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff