Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply Life Issues
What's the point of having a dream?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I follow my dream?
  Yeah!
  Not if you'll disappoint someone
View Results

Love.From.Hate

5,300 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:56 pm
Well, my biggest dream in the whole world is to play music as a profession. I love watching bands live, and I love music. But my mom said that I'd disappoint everyone if I did, and didn't go to college. So should I still follow my dream and disappoint everyone? Or should I go to college and maybe become a music reporter? Music is my life, and I want it to stay that way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:38 am
I think you can do both. You can study music in college and play in a band in the afternoon or weekends.

the thing is that playing music is a bit unstable because if people dont like what you play you could end up in the streets and your chance of studying is over. you should realize that you can play music whenever you want. but college only comes around once.

when your mom said 'disappoint' she was trying to make choose college. but it is your life and you choose what you want to do. what I would do is weigh out all the advantages and disadvantages. or if you can choose do them both. it's possible. study music on weekdays. play music on weekends.  

LaurelinRe

10,875 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

rikaLeshay

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:54 pm
xX Emo-chan Xx
Well, my biggest dream in the whole world is to play music as a profession. I love watching bands live, and I love music. But my mom said that I'd disappoint everyone if I did, and didn't go to college. So should I still follow my dream and disappoint everyone? Or should I go to college and maybe become a music reporter? Music is my life, and I want it to stay that way.

i love you. *big hug*
xd ,well it's just that i feel that way too.music is my life and i would love to have a band and sing or just play guitar(wich i'm going to learn soon).i've thought about becoming a label exec. or something but it just doesn't cut it does it?
i'd follow your dream to be a musician.
or if you do go to college you could just start late as a singer,so at least then you could have something to fall back on if you want.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:38 am
Alternatively, can't you go study music as your major at college?

That way you still get to play and theres a good chance you'd learn new techniques. As well as gaining an understanding of how record contracts work so you never get screwd over.  

Rellik San
Captain

Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces