Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Pluto not a Planet!!!????? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you believe this????
  NO!!!!!!!!
  Can't be!! *covering eyes and ears*
  You lie, LIE!!!
View Results

User_8572

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:51 am
I am TOTALLY SHOCKED!! I have a newspaper in front of me... I am listening to my radio station 101.9 The End right now and they are confirming it... IAU has just changed their mind and made Pluto NOT a planet but a 'dwarf Planet' scream ???? Now the IAU has declared that our solar system has only 8 planets WTF?????? Please look this stuff up, PLEASE prove me wrong- PLEASE!!! I know it's odd but apparently because of Pluto's weird orbit it is no longer considered ours!? (Pluto was discovered in the 1930's or 40's and now they're taking it away from us...) PLEASE prove me the freak wrong but look in your papers, watch the news, listen to your radio's because what’s a universe without Pluto! (Astrology will now be COMPLETELY messed up because of the rude people at the IAU!!!)
Again, do your research and prove me wrong!!
-your saddest, Ki-chan

User Image  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:20 am
It wasn't NASA. It was the IAU. Here is a link to CBC's article on it, proving you to be entirely correct.

The article also points out that the Asteroid Ceres was once considered a planet.  

Solar Kitty-chan

galswingirl

Dapper Businesswoman

6,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:25 am
yah i heard  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:20 pm
yea, NASA has the saying in this cuz they're the ones checking space and stuff and does the research  

Lay-San

firebeauty

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:10 pm
poor pluto crying  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:26 pm
They can make whatever announcements and decisions they want to... until they are blue in the face! But for those of us who know and love PLANET Pluto. It shall always be a planet. They can never change that!

Just because some high and mighty fancy astronomers and scientists decide something, doesn't mean it's true! Pluto is and will be a planet forevermore in MY books. ^_^

LONG LIVE PLANET PLUTO!

Someone's gotta protect Setsuna's planet don't you think? Might as well be us!

*strikes sailor moon's signature pose* IAU, in the name of the moon I shall punish you from trying to take Pluto's planet away from her! Your actions are unexcusable so get ready to be moondusted if you don't take your decision back you big meanies!  

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:25 pm
Lay-San
yea, NASA has the saying in this cuz they're the ones checking space and stuff and does the research

Again, NASA has no say in this. NASA is space exploration, yes, but when it comes to the naming of planets, stars, etc., they have had little say. It was entirely the IAU behind the name change as they have finally defined what a planet it.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:25 pm
Darn it why take away Pluto! scream scream scream  

Vivi~chan64

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Iamsobored

Thankful Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:40 pm
Yep, I heard about this earlier today. I was like poor poor pluto. Why did they pick now to say that it wasn't a planet? Now poor sailor pluto has no planet. At least she's still the guardian of time. That's a good job xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:48 pm
User Image
Wow Sailor Pluto always gets the short end of the stick

User Image

Sailor Osaka

Magical-Medli

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:10 pm
I just heard about this on the news today. That's stupid. It's been a planet since I can remember and will always be a planet to me!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:26 am
Poor Setsuna She Is Still one of the Best Scouts  

Ms Anna Marie Lebeau

5,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

gamersdreams

4,725 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:04 am
I heard about that..
Pluto is my one of my favoirtes gonk
(pluto and moon =D)  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:23 am
I've heard about that this morning. Poor Sailor Pluto! crying  

Senshi_chan

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:31 am
They've decided Pluto is Charon's moon as well last I heard, since Charon is the larger of the two binaries. Nor sure if that's been confirmed. It fits, since Pluto is his daughter and all.

Pluto's been off and on as a planet since it was discovered, a little less than a century ago. There was a time for many centuries when people didn't even know there was anything past Saturn. Classifiying things doesn't do anything to the Universe, except probably make humans feel more important. It's like calling a teacup poodle "Killer". It doesn't change the fact that thing is more likely to bark its head off at you than rip your throat out.  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff