Submit

Starter Weapons?
  Sure, why not.
  I dont know, perhaps?
  Definetly not.
View Results

Jolly_Raj

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:03 pm
Just like with the bug nets and fishing rods that everyone first got, should Gaia give out wooded swords and sheilds when the battle system arrives?

That way everyone can try it out first to see if they want to continue on playing it. And then they can quest for the the cooler expencive weapons if they want too.

I just hope my idea dosent sound newbish.
crying

Also I added this in after I read your posts------
It wouldnt be fair to everyone if the beginner weapons were too good looking and too powerful. So i though mabe if the sword was just a bamboo stick? It would be more interesting and tolorable for all, but still just not too cool looking or too powerfull?

And mabe after its been used too many times, it will break into pieces and you have to buy another one? So then that way you would have to save up and buy the better ones? Any comments on that?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:50 pm
an all purpose wodden stick would be a good starter item. You could equip it as a sword, staff, or spear. That would be fun.  

Shade of Polkana

Austin Pamaj

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:02 am
we could use a bo staff...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 9:01 am
Polkana
an all purpose wodden stick would be a good starter item. You could equip it as a sword, staff, or spear. That would be fun.
3nodding I agree. Something like that for the newbies would be v. cool.  

Omochii

ZombieJeff

Wheezing Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:31 pm
They probably will. If they didn't, it could be very hard to get started.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:36 am
Hey thanks everyone for your feedback! xd  

Jolly_Raj

SAR101

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:39 pm
I agree with everyone on this, maybe when you join and they have you choose your starter clothing, they have you choose your class and give you a starter weapon. Ex- A wooden sword for the melee character, brittle bow for the ranged person and maybe a flimsy staff for those mages out there.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:32 pm
Polkana

that would be a good idea  

SnipeNinja666

rgjh8754

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:32 pm
Sounds like a good idea. As long as the starter weapons are cheap-looking and aren't that powerful.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:01 pm
You idea doesn't sound noobish. I expect Gaia will give out begginer items. I, however, am against it. I think that we should be able to develop a martial combat skill until we can afford a weapon. Of course, there would be some cheap easy-to-buy weapons.

Weather or not they have beggining weapons, hand-to-hand combat will still be cool.  

Xtagon

Raveking Omico

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:19 pm
Yea i would cool 2 start off with some kind of weapon but myself i like hand 2 hand combat ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:34 pm
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Sounds like a good idea. As long as the starter weapons are cheap-looking and aren't that powerful.

My thoughts exaclty (even though i should have put out that down in my topic to begin with) it wouldnt be fair to everyone if the beginner weapons were too good looking and too powerful.

That would just suck even for me since Im saveing up for an Angelic Guitar. Mabe if the sword was just a bamboo stick? It would be more interesting and tolorable for all, but still just not too cool looking or powerfull?

And mabe after its been used too many times, it will break and you have to buy a new one? So then that way you would have to save up and buy the better ones?

Jolly_Raj

SAR101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:29 pm
Maybe instead of breaking it gets weaker over time since it such poor quality.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:32 am
I think it is a good idea to have rubbish begginers weapons at the start. Something along to lines of a branch from a tree cause that would look crapy which by the sounds of it most of us are hoping for.  

Masada

SAR101

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:33 pm
Sadly from the news that I seen weapons won't have any effect in the battle system, but they may have beginer rings.  
The Battle Arena Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff