Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Next month's contest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:01 am
Its nearly a new month, so we need ideas and prizes for a new contest! So suggest any ideas you have for the future contests, and future prizes that you might like to see (or donate heart ). Ideas that could benefit our guild in some way, or that requires the use of good design techniques for entries would be good.

Some ideas:
Guild mascot? (could be fun blaugh )
Guild website layout (maybe too big for the moment though... )

We have a little money for prizes, but not much sweatdrop I'm willing to front a lot of the costs, since I have some gold from commissions, but any kind of donations would be really appreciated 3nodding Check out the Guild Donation Thread for details on donating.

And don't forget that the Banner Contest still has a few days left, so get your entries in! I'll set up a new topic and a poll on 1st October to decide the winner.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:28 pm
Whee! I say we go for the mascot! whee
That would be fun  

Suramen

4,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:57 am
You guys can post your ideas for the next 7 days, and I'll start the next contest on the 7th of October. Come on! Suggestions? Donations?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:22 am
How about poster to advertise the guild with? >___O  

Tinuu

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:05 am
Tinuu
How about poster to advertise the guild with? >___O

Mmm thats an idea. But we wouldn't really have anywhere to put the poster? Although it would be good practice.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 7:43 pm
Ooh ooh another idea! A while ago Tinuu suggested making things for a fake company, to build up things for portfolios... we could think up a fake company to do a full branding for, and each months contest for the next few months would be a different part of that... maybe start out with something relatively small, like a logo, and eventually work up to a website layout or something.

But it would be nice to get a guild website up and running... maybe to cut down on the complexity, we could just make the competition for an uncoded layout, meaning your submission would just be in picture format. Then one of our more techy members can do the coding, because I know some people haven't fully developed their coding skills yet.

And we still have no prize, apart from the 900g that has been donated to the guild domokun  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Kitsunehime

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:44 pm
I must say I rather like the mascot idea. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:57 pm
I'm working on getting some prize money. biggrin No worries!  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

Chisa
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:27 am
Okay, a mascot will be fun! The details will be coming soon.

Suggest more ideas though, because we can use them for later contests... I think maybe after this one we can do the webpage layout, then we'll need to think of something else from there...  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games