Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Heres a point....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:36 am
I was going through some of my old posts, and I noticed, alot of people flammed me for an opinion, just because a band is more famous then me, doesn't make them any better. As some of you seem to beleive.

Now one of the key arguments I've heard is, 'what have you done, you can insult the band when your as succesful as they are' this was said against me for saying that Lost Prophets, were in fact, just following every major trend and making music that lacks substance, quality and above all talent. Now then, I haven't done anything to compare to their millions of record sales, but then again, I haven't sold my soul to make m usic for the masses that has no meaning to me unlike the Lost Prophets, who were pretty quick to jump from a hard rock band with great potential to an emo band singing about roof tops in pants that frankly look as if a child should wear them with hair no one over the age of 20 should rightly have.

The same thing also happened, when I gave my opinions on Gerard Way, not so much the band, but just him personally (having actually met him). I thought he was an arrogant fool, that needed to understand his actual impact in the musical world, was akin to a leaf falling in the ocean. Yet people who have never met him, jumped to his defence, claiming him to be a good person, yet without meeting him, how can this opinion be formed. Now one of the moderaters (roffleface) jumped to my defence here, and both sides split relatively amicably.

It may have become intensely apparent I am what one would term a fan of Emo the music genre (as in emotive hardcore) as opposed to the whole emo life style. This of course, to some members of the forum, means I can't make jokes about the fashion of emo's. Some people took offence at these, and deemed me trailer trash, causing a simple joke to turen into a marathon of flames, fortuneatly however I am too cool headed to allow such things to take my mind and was able to stay calm and render their arguments moot. But the fact reamins, I shouldn't have had too. The jokes should be talken, not as insults but as something to laugh at, and make you thin, 'well if someone who actually likes the people makes jokes about this, what does the rest of the world think?'. Because as far as the world is concerned, the stereotypes, are true. Wether you like it or not.

Finnaly, emo has been around for at least a decade now, in one form or another, yet in that time, its barely changed, might I suggest you all broaden your horizons, so as to help the genre grow and evolve instead of stagnating like it is doing, I have tried on many occasions to get your music tastes broadened, and always I seem to fail, so this is a plea, for the survival of the music you love so much, look for other music to help fuse into emo and encourage it to grow, evolve and change. Look at how many sub-genres of metal there are, and eternally ever more are growing, this is how it should be with emo, its the branch that has fallen off of that tree to become its own, now please nurture it by mixing it with other things, how about emo with jazz twinges? or emo reggae? why not? if you want your music to survive, this is the way, we must start now to help it grow into something better then it is.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:56 pm
huh..........about the music give me a band name and i'll listen.
the cobra starship song....snakes on a plane is kind of a mix.it's got the singer from midtown,william backett from the academy is,the singer for the sounds and the singer for gym class heros.personally i love the song,i'm not a fan of rap or pop even but mixed with this kind of punkish sound it was pretty good.

about meeting gerard way:you lucky b*****d! rolleyes i love my chemical romance.i would kill to meet them. confused i don't know though...he seems okay to me.but i guess i can't really say,i've never met him.

lost prophets.......rooftops is okay i guess.i don't really like them though.the train song was okay too.
that's riduculous that you're told you can't say your opinion about a band just because you haven't sold the amount of records they have.  

rikaLeshay

Gambino Statue

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:05 am
I understand what your saying, but I don't think emo needs to branch out.
Many musical genres peak in popularity during particular times and then often back off, sometimes coming back later, regardless of whether they are intricately sub-genred.
The emo buzz has to die down eventually, only a fool would argue that, but that doesnt mean the music will die out completely.

I pity the people who confine their musical tastes to specific genres. Sadly these people are often found in this guild, and as fans of the emo genre.
You can't change it, no mater how good your intentions are.

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games