Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
What do you go by? the Manga, or the Anime? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you go by?
  Manga
  Anime
  Both
View Results

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:41 am
Personally, I go by both! *laughs* Both have interesting elements to them, so I tend to go by both Anime and Manga for a hybrid effect of sorts.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:33 pm
I love more the anime but I also like the manga since it shows more detail to the story ^_^  

sailor lunar eclipse

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:56 pm
Mostly manga but I like going by Anime for Nehellenia they make her more sympathic though, she's cool even in the manga.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:08 pm
Generally I prefer the manga, even though I've less experience with it than the anime. But in cases of lacking ideas, I use mixes.  

Mercuryangel
Crew

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:08 pm
i mostly perferr anime.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:15 pm
I definitely go with both.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Syndrama

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:26 pm
I'm slowly moving towards prefering the backhistory of the Manga overall. It's Naoko's real work, untouched by Toei writers. I do like anime's R saga better than the R manga arc. At least I dislike Demando's manga personality. He's too cold, delusional... and no real life to him at all. He's an insane terrorist. Compared to every other manga villain, he's two dimensional. sweatdrop

I like the Anime Black Moon, they're more human and have more push to their goals. It's not just 'we wanna take over Earth because we don't agree with the White Moon', it's more human. After Beryl's impassioned attempts to get Endymion, Demando's cold attempts to get Serenity left me feeling dull and uninspired to read much further.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:12 pm
I like both, but the manga is my favorite of the two.  

Ryuondo

Kelso

Precious Cat

7,850 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:00 am
Manga!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:25 am
I go by the anime on facts of appearances (remember them easier than act's) and i have all the epiosdes memorized BUT for a real story line i really like to mix the 2... like the Dark Kingdom taking over the Moon. Do you take the side that Serenity and Endymion died by getting a major blast of energy from Metalia or did Beryl kill him and Serenity commit suicide? Did Queen Nepherinia get trapped in the mirror by Queen Serenity or Nehelenia got sealed away because of Helios? Did the Starlights actually transform into men when they were in non-senshi form or jsut remain woman like Haruka dressed? Was Princess Kakyuu a senshi or just a princess?? Just depends on which had the cooler story i will go by...  

User_8572

firebeauty

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:24 pm
i like both  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:30 pm
I use whatever feels more true. Which means I go mainly with what is in the manga as there seems to be much more actual fact there.

I'm sure that might not make much sense to anyone else but to me it does. ^_^;;

Mainly I just see the anime as fun and pretty. But I do prefer Demando from the anime.... and I think even Saffir.  

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

Lucy Stavers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:43 am
I tend to go by both as well. I like the S arc better in the anime, because it's so much more dark and emotional then the manga, but I love the classic arc in the manga better. The only arc I haven't seen or read is the SuperS arc. All I know about it is it centers on Chibi-Usa.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:47 pm
Since I saw the anime first and have had little exposure to the manga, I tend to go with the anime but borrow elements from the manga. I like the Quartet being Senshi. I also like Kakyuu-hime being a Senshi and ChibiChibi as the disguised Sailor Cosmos rather than Galaxia's Star Seed.

All around, the manga has more Senshi you can work with, good and evil.

However, I personally like the PGSM Serenity and Endymion story better than both the manga and anime.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Deviona

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:18 pm
i have been dying to read someo f the manga since i have only ever really experienced the anime which i have still surprisingly after all these years have yet to see all of. . .
but i'm working on it.
it's just i don't have [or actually havn't had] the patience to order the manga online so i havn't read it since no where anywhere near me has it in a store =[
yeah so in the mean time i have loved the anime since like 7th grade when i was really truly introduced to it.
and keep in mind that was oh well let me think. . .haha 7 years ago lol
well mad sailor love to you all!  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas