Reply Facial & Oral Piercings
A few questions. (Lip piercing related)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RottingCorpse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:36 pm
Alright so I am getting my lip pierced on Saturday (It's thursday here right now) and Im wondering a few things after reading some stories on BME.

Can they pierce your lip with a ring? Or does it have to be a stud or long bar?
(Im really hoping he can pierce it with a ring and not a long bar or stud)

What are the risks at getting it pierced with a ring?

What gauge is the best to get at first (if he gives me a choice)- a 16 or a 14?

Do you have a lip piercing story that you could PM me? Do you know of any good lip piercing procedure stories/sites?

Anything else lip piercing related would really help.
Im a bit nervous and just want to make sure I can get as much information as I can before getting it.

Thanks so much exclaim  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:05 pm
It can be pierced with a ring, it'll just be larger in diameter to accomidate swelling, so you'll have to go back to have it switched later on.

Risks I would say would be the urge to play with it. You'll want to leave it alone for it to heal. Tooth drift, gum erosion, and maybe chipped teeth, but I would say that would be for any oral piercing. I could see tooth drift happening more with a large ring by my thinking.

In my opinion, bigger is better gauge wise. So atleast 14ga. Larger gauges reduce the chances of it tearing/slicing through tissue.

I don't have any stories, since I don't have it done, but I would say be prepared for it by getting some non-alcoholic mouthwash and sea salt for after care. Make sure to eat before you go. And enjoy your new piercing. whee  

Warninglv100
Crew

Cassandra022

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:35 am
I got mine done with 14g rings, so yeah, rings are definitly possible. I second the idea that the biiger gauge would probably be better. and yeah, enjoy^^.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:49 am
My lip was pierced with a 16g hoop.
I never had any complications with it, other than the normal swelling.  

powerandintent

curseyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:48 am
Only real risk is enamel and gum erosion, and either gauge is fine.

My lip's at 6g now, and I regret ever wearing flatback labrets, rings are a much better choice if you care about your teeth/gums.

They do have the tendency to get in the way though.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:54 pm
X-Rays

They do have the tendency to get in the way though.

A-freakin-men to that, dude... my boyfriend and I were having a heavy drunken makeout session and after a few minutes he stopped and said "Something feels wrong..." and I found that the bead on the CBR in my labret was missing. We hunted for hours, could never find it, and could only come to the conclusion that he swallowed it. XD

Mesic

Facial & Oral Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff