Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Doesn't Really Make Sense Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Love Shine Hates Ayumi H

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:44 am
I don't know if this has been done, but I want to ask. We all know that Usagi si the Princess of the Moon and rules all else. But shes the Princess of the Earth's Moon. All the other planets have Moon's too. Is she the Princess of all Moons? And if she was the Princess of just Earth's Moon then she shouldn't be that powerful because that Moon is small and... and... Now I'm just confusing myself. I dunno, the Moon just doesn't seem to be more powerful than the other planets.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:28 pm
dude, it's just part of the story...it's nothing to be taken seriously....chill...

Yes, Queen/Princess Serenity is only the ruler of the Earth's moon

Earth is the only planet WITH LIFE therefore, it's the planet that matters most. the Moon Kingdom protects the Earth with the power of the Silver Crystal, probably the most powerful object in the story (minus Sailor Saturn's "forbidden" attack) so therefore, the planet/moon with the most power, rules.

Besides, size doesn't always matter, which is why planets like Jupiter aren't gods of the universe.

in a nutshell to answer ur question, it has nothing to do with the planet/moon's size, it has to do with the Silver Crystal.  

kawaiibunny3

8,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:41 pm
Heyheyhey, let's keep this honest... Earth was NOT the only planet with life during the reign of Serenity... those Senshi all had palaces on their own planets and citzens following them! Code Name Sailor V showed Adonis and the Magellan Castle, and Saturn's castle was shown in the SuperS saga during a vision Hotaru had. There was life, Metallia/Chaos destroyed that life,a nd Earth was the only place that was still capable of supporting life by the time Serenity sealed Metallia. 3nodding

As for the whole moon thing and why she's the leader... Serenity=Selene=Goddess of the Moon
The White Moon family possessed the most powerful starseed and pased it down through the bloodline from mother to daughter, so they rightfully were the rulers of the Sol System. Half the fights they got into were people disagreeing with the fact that possessing the ginzuishou made Serenity the rightful and true ruler.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:36 am
k, well I feel a bit lost. if memory served me right, Jupiter=Zeus=king of gods according to some multi-god related mythology. though I understand the whole point of Usagi going from crybaby wuss to a diehard champion over the course of the series.

I just dont understand the three lights, they just come off as total assholes to me. that and a headache.  

RAPTOR948

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:50 pm
~Alechsa~
Heyheyhey, let's keep this honest... Earth was NOT the only planet with life during the reign of Serenity... those Senshi all had palaces on their own planets and citzens following them! Code Name Sailor V showed Adonis and the Magellan Castle, and Saturn's castle was shown in the SuperS saga during a vision Hotaru had. There was life, Metallia/Chaos destroyed that life,a nd Earth was the only place that was still capable of supporting life by the time Serenity sealed Metallia. 3nodding

As for the whole moon thing and why she's the leader... Serenity=Selene=Goddess of the Moon
The White Moon family possessed the most powerful starseed and pased it down through the bloodline from mother to daughter, so they rightfully were the rulers of the Sol System. Half the fights they got into were people disagreeing with the fact that possessing the ginzuishou made Serenity the rightful and true ruler.

except for the fact that she Doesn't rule over earth. In fact, Earth doesn't like that idea. And thusly people of earth Refused.

Kinda like 'Hey D: I'm your heir and ruler'

Earth People:....... No.

Plus if you think along their lines they didn't want to be ruled by the moon at all because Queens Serenity is an 'alien' to the Sol System.
They had their established goverment and so on before she came and they don't see any reason to bow down to her. (not to mention they were paraniod AND had a good reason to be paraniod.)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:02 am
Krayzee
I don't know if this has been done, but I want to ask. We all know that Usagi si the Princess of the Moon and rules all else. But shes the Princess of the Earth's Moon. All the other planets have Moon's too. Is she the Princess of all Moons? And if she was the Princess of just Earth's Moon then she shouldn't be that powerful because that Moon is small and... and... Now I'm just confusing myself. I dunno, the Moon just doesn't seem to be more powerful than the other planets.

i think i know what you are talking about...

because the earth is the one thing people really know about, the basis of the myth. the next closest thing/object in space that we know about is the moon. now in Sailor Moon terms Serenity needed to be the moon princess based on the myth of the Moon goddess in greek mythology while endymion is the human whom she falls in love with...

then fanning out to the other planets, the only other moons mentioned are Phobos and Deimos, Mars' moons. also these were the name's of Raye's Ravens. though they weren't mentioned in the english dubbing though...

and hey, i think that everyone knows that there used to be a time where we thought that the universe revolved around the earth...

Hopefully i got this right....  

Pnytenshi

Gainsborough-Aerith

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:08 am
Never really thought about that...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:13 pm
yea taht confuses me too....but the way i see is that she's the main character and has the universe's most powerful crystal. so, i guess she can rule earth cuz she can heal ppl  

Lay-San

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:53 pm
Nope. She can't Rule earth simply because of that. It would negate the Endymion Character and the whole purpose of WHY they couldn't marry.

P.Serenity didn't rule nothing. She was a -princess- in meaning she has yet to be crowned queen, therefore her power is truly limited back then.

Q.Serenity said it, they were suppose to -watch- Earth. Never Rule.

Earth was -ruled- (as stated in Cannon) by Prince Endymion.

It also states that Q.Serenity is in possession of the Silver Crystal at that time and therefor it wasn't passed on to P.Serenity yet.

P.Serenity is only that powerful because everyone else -gives- her power to become that powerful.

On her own with her own belief, she is not that strong and could have been easily killed if she never had her friends or love with her.
However, because she had them and because she has a bond with them all is she able to be what she is due to -belief-.

That is the cornerstone of her power.

Healing is a sad excuse because, Hotaru can Heal and Mamoru can Heal without using a silly trinket as the crystal.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:33 pm
I've always wondered this too, and a lot of you have good reasons/theories.
I figured it was because the Silver Crystal belonged to the Moon Kingdom.

I have another question: We know that Princess Serenity's mother is the original Queen Serenity, but why is her father never shown or mentioned?

Rabbit-eyes

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:17 pm
Rabbit-eyes

I have another question: We know that Princess Serenity's mother is the original Queen Serenity, but why is her father never shown or mentioned?

As far as we know, no father for any of the senshi saved for Setsuna/Pluto were ever Mentioned.

Mothers too, if truth be known.
We know Pluto's father was Chronus, the god of time. It stated so in the manga.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:26 pm
Luamervara
Rabbit-eyes

As far as we know, no father for any of the senshi saved for Setsuna/Pluto were ever Mentioned.

Ah, so her father is the real Chronos? (I've read a few of the manga, but they're so hard to find these days...) That's so neat!
It saddens me a bit that Serenity's father is never mentioned though. Maybe he died before she was born.

Rabbit-eyes

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:42 am
Rabbit-eyes
Luamervara
Rabbit-eyes

Ah, so her father is the real Chronos? (I've read a few of the manga, but they're so hard to find these days...) That's so neat!
It saddens me a bit that Serenity's father is never mentioned though. Maybe he died before she was born.

At least she had a mother. The other senshi's parents saved for pluto are never- mentioned.

Chibiusa in the manga, when opening the time gate says it, ' Father of the Guardain of time' or something like that. And we know Pluto guards the time gate.

Also Pluto says it again in the tenth book.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:22 pm
Luamervara
Rabbit-eyes
Luamervara
Rabbit-eyes

At least she had a mother. The other senshi's parents saved for pluto are never- mentioned.

Chibiusa in the manga, when opening the time gate says it, ' Father of the Guardain of time' or something like that. And we know Pluto guards the time gate.

I think the inner senshi's moms are shown in one of the books... during the flashback to Princess Serenity's birth...  

Darkness Cake

Luamervara
Crew

Demonic Immortal

27,550 Points
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:59 pm
Roselite Blade
Luamervara
Rabbit-eyes
Luamervara
Rabbit-eyes

I think the inner senshi's moms are shown in one of the books... during the flashback to Princess Serenity's birth...

I thought it was too, but..in a way they never state it. >> You can guess who's mom is who according to the hairstyle, but then again.... <<;; you don't really know for -certian- if it is or not.

o.o  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces