Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
English dubbed???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lunar_sleep

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:47 pm
What does it mean when the box says it's engish dubbed? is that bad??  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:05 pm
english dubbed means that its in english. its a good thing if you like the enlgish version of sailor moon. *not intended to be insultive* if it says englsih subbed, then its in japanese with englsih subtitles on the bottom *so you can understand what there sayin* did that help?  

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

RedLittleKairi

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:16 am
Subbed is better than dubbed mind you in most people's eyes.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:21 am
If you see English dubbed, make sure it's uncut, the original English dubbing cut episodes and parts of episodes. I'd suggest getting Subbed anyway, some of the English Voice Actors have annoying voices that don't fit the characters at -all-. sweatdrop  

Syndrama

Magical-Medli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:18 pm
English Dubbed is the bad version of the series (in my opinion). It usually cuts tons of parts out and the voice actors do suck. Like others said get the subbed because it's more original with the subtitles. (I know I'm repeating what others said sweatdrop )Dubbed is not really bad though if that is the only version of sm you have seen but I would get subbed.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:15 am
Subbed is better because the leave most of the scenes alone. The voice also fit the charactres better.  

Tenma25

700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

misspameladianne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:20 am
I do respect subbed a lot, but the first time I watch a show I like to watch it dubbed that way I can just pay attention to the animation and not be distracted reading.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:45 am
its just easier ot understand for me... i had to watch and review an entire season only in japanese  

hikuii

Alezia3450

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:31 am
well when i get subbed its easier for me to pay attention to the anime AND read what their saying at the same time so i just have to live with the cut out episodes...its called arrow SACRAFICE! twisted

heart heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:11 pm
It means that the original Japanese version was voiced over with English voice actors. So instead of listening to Sailor Moon speak in Japanese you hear her speak in English!  

Bunny_koi

Moon Serenity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:39 pm
No, it just means that it's in English =)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:46 pm
yes, it is in english, but it's also changed in certain ways to make it "acceptable" for american tv. if u get it subbed, be sure to find a set that that is unedited, or uncut. there were seventeen episodes that never aired on tv here, but exist subbed. i don't even know if they ever even dubbed the edited episodes.  

Elentari6568

lizzy_nao

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:56 pm
it means that it's in english but also altered so it "acceptible" for america to veiw  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:49 pm
Dubbed is bad. It's abridged and Serena's (Usagi) voice will give you massive headaches. stressed  

Aspen Kitten

Distinct Member

Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces