View Results

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:14 pm
I'm just wondering about peoples opinions on using things other than tapers to stretch a piercing, Such as weights, or layers of teflon or bondage tape on plugs to make the piercing bigger slowly. I was pierced at a 10gauge in october of 2k5. I began stretching in January of 2k6. I was at 7/16ths by April. A bit quick i know. I skipped gauges and all of that terrible stuff. What i'm wondering is whether or not anyone has tried other methods of stretching and whether they worked better or worse than tapers. I have terrible luck with tapers. My last stretch was about 2 months after i got to 00gauge. And i tore my earlobe very badly going from 00-7/16ths so i'm not sure i want to use a taper again.

Think that 5 months is enough time to stretch again?
Should i avoid tapers to prevent a thin spot where it tore?
Are layers of Teflon Tape safe to stretch with (opinions)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:31 am
Taping a plug works great. I can't becaues I'm mildly allergic to teflon. Weights are the easiest way to go, but watch out for thinning on the bottom of your lobe. I'd recomend wearing the weight through a tunnel. Also just sitting and pulling on it should loosen it up a lot. 5 months is enough time  

Terragar

curseyes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:52 am
Might I suggest a good vitamin e massage once a day?

your ears probably built up a lot of scar tissue from such a fast stretch, and the reason tapers are such trouble for you is simply because your lobes just aren't ready to stretch yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:33 am
I sit and pull on my lobes all day every day. And i take my tunnels out and give them a good massaging whenever i can. I dont have any vitamin e but i'll see if i can get a hold of some this weekend. There is definetly plenty of scar tissue in there from all of the damage i've done. But hopefully with the massaging and pulling and vitamin e that will fade away allowing further stretching. I'm probably going to use tape from this point on. Just to avoid any tearing again.

thanks  

Teh_plague

Dangerous Loiterer

8,150 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers