Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Homosexuality Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mistress_of_Distress

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:27 pm
Okay, so since you're all atheists, I was wondering what you think of homosexuality. Most of the discrimination against gays comes from the Bible, with all of the "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" crud, and about how being gay is 'morally wrong'.

Since you don't believe in god(s) and thus the Bible is not a 'sacred' document to you, what do you think about gays? What do you think about the general Christian opinion of gays?

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this. It really helps. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 7:56 pm
Gays are okay, but the open ones I've met I don't care to be around. I have no problem with their homosexuality, but the fact that another guy could like me and stare at me and such is... kind of disturbing. I'm straight and love girls!  

MarkTheWise

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 10:02 pm
I see nothing wrong with homosexuality. It is not what our bodies were meant for, but then neither is oral sex, plastic surgery, or people in space. I have gay parents, a gay step-sibbling, and a gay roommate in college. It really doesn't bother me, though I don't care to hear, see, or think about two men having sex. It's not revultion. It's more like how you feel about your parents having sex. I don't want physical contact from a guy anymore than I do from my own mother. I hate that gays can't marry, and I hate it when religios folk try to make homosexuals feel bad about what they are. Hating someone because they're gay is just as bad as hating someone becasue they're black.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 1:16 pm
For me homosexuality is a life choice, much like Abortion. IF you love someone of the same sex than more power to you. It's because of ignorance an religious belief's that we have all of this "homo" bashing and such. I think it's great that two people can find love, wether that be with teh same sex or not doesn't really come into play.  

Alucard2021

EngelerDeamon

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:47 pm
Am I allowed to make a comment what with being gay? I would think so. ^_^

Anyway, personally, I don't have a problem with it, so long as you love the person, ya know? I mean, I don't think that there are many gays out there for the 'thrill of it' because of how it IS a life choice. Sure, I've met guys who are gay for just ONE guy, but that's because they love him, and normally they would be straight.

As for blatant... well, I know I'll glance and flush when I see a cute guy, but I'm not gonna STARE. That's just downright rude, and it's really bad if the guy is most likely straight. It's not exactly something you should do, at least in my opinion, unless you're really rude. Or you know they're gay.

Hope I made some sense. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:21 pm
I hang out with a lot of gay kids. It doesn't bother me. At all. Its all good.
I suppose...  

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

Clown Depot

Dapper Conversationalist

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nerd 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:30 pm
As long as the guys understand that I am not intrested, it doesn't bother me. Besides, most men, including myself, think lesbians and Bisexual girls are a turn-on.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 7:12 pm
I don't really care about what homosexuals do... it's their business... nothing they do in any way harms my personal rights. So hump away, Mr. Homosexual, I salute you.  

Digital Leviathan

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:26 pm
I have no problems at all with it. I find it hard to comprehend why you wouldn't treat them equally and why they don't have equal rights... It's almost as if some Christians think stopping gay marriage will stop people from being gay..
It makes sense that more atheists would be accepting of homosexuality than Christians, because they have no religion to go against and they are used to being treated differently as well.  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:20 pm
I love gay people. They're just like everyone else, with the exception of their sexual preference. They haven't done anything to me personally, and I respect their choices/whatever you want to call it. I have absolutely no problem with gays or lesbians. As long as they know I'm not interested, I'm totally fine with it.

What gets me is that people say, "That's gay!" when something bad happens to them. WTF? I mean, seriously, if we want to reinforce something this stupid, why not say, "That's obese!" or something instead?

I just hate the "homo" bashing. scream  

Lucifer Force

Sparkling Senshi

EngelerDeamon

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:48 am
Lucifer Force
I love gay people. They're just like everyone else, with the exception of their sexual preference. They haven't done anything to me personally, and I respect their choices/whatever you want to call it. I have absolutely no problem with gays or lesbians. As long as they know I'm not interested, I'm totally fine with it.

What gets me is that people say, "That's gay!" when something bad happens to them. WTF? I mean, seriously, if we want to reinforce something this stupid, why not say, "That's obese!" or something instead?

*huggles* I can huggle you, right?? XD Yay!!! That's gotta be the sweetest thing I've ever heard about us gays!!! 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:45 am
It doesn't bother me. I think that homosexual couples should have the same rights in relationships as heterosexual couples, and I don't believe that anyone should discriminate based on sexual orientation.

It also doesn't bother me when girls I'm not attracted to hit on me more than it bothers me when boys I'm not attracted to do the same thing. Why would it?  

Foetus In Fetu

Bashira

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:46 am
Myself being bisexual, I am inclined to say that homosexuality is fine. If you love someone with every fiber in you, then it shouldn't matter what gender that person is. As for the Christian opinion of gays, I can see their point of view on the matter, but I don't believe that their opinion is right. At all. Gays are people too, they just have a different sexual preference.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:01 pm
EngelerDeamon
Lucifer Force

*huggles* I can huggle you, right?? XD Yay!!! That's gotta be the sweetest thing I've ever heard about us gays!!! 4laugh

^.^ People do use 'that's retarded'. I like 'that's obese' though, that made meh giggle.
It upsets me more when someone gets mad and uses f** as an insult stressed  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Bazyl

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 10:06 pm
I love gay guys. The are hot, funny and they are sweethearts. I say it's absolutly fine, it's great that two people can find love. Thats what it is, love... but some religions have to discriminate agaisnt that. Being gay isn't morally wrong, its the religions' attempt to suppress them that's morally wrong. Trying to take away someones love because of their sexual preferences is wrong...  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff