Back to Guilds

Reply The Battle Arena Guild
Magic Rings will effect the Class System? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magic Rings?
  Eh, thats old news. - I already saw that.
  Oh, I remember something about this.
  What the? - When did this happen?
  OMFGD! REALY! - THAT AWSOME!
  NO!!!!! I HATE THAT! - ITS NOT WHAT I WANTED!
  Eh... I dont realy care too much.- I just want to finally play the battle system.
View Results

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:58 am
I watched a vid on YouTube by someone who taped the Q&A portion of the Gaia Panel at Otakon were the Admin's said that only some clothing will made to help make you look like the Class you want. But an assortment of Magic Rings will be added and be the main influence in what Class you are in the Battle System. They will affect your attacks, health, abilities, everything.

So if you want to be in the Ninja Class, you could still look like a pirate or whatever else you want, as long as you have the right ring combination for the Class you want to be. And also that the weapons we have now will be mostly for style. So dose that mean that all weapons we will be getting also just be for show?

I may have some of it confused, but basically that what I could hear from the vid since it sounds really staticy on my speakers. xp But could anyone watch it and tell what the think or understand from it? Everything I mention is at the beginning of the video, and the rest is about Word Bump in case you don't feel like watching all of it.

I hope my link works.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hESSxU8e4Ps

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:23 pm
Tookie_Mookie
I just watched a vid on YouTube by someone who taped the Q&A portion of the Gaia Panel at Otakon. Were the Admin's said only some clothing will made to help make you look like the Class you want. But an assortment of Magic Rings will be added and be the main influence in what Class you are in the Battle System. They will affect your attacks, health, abilities, everything.

So if you want to be in the Ninja Class, you could still look like a pirate or whatever else you want, as long as you have the right ring compination for the Class you want to be. And also that the weapons we have now will be mostly for style. So dose that mean that all weapons we will be getting also just be for show?

I may have some of it confused, but basicly that what I could hear from the vid since it sounds realy staticy on my speakers. xp But could anyone watch it and tell what the think or understand from it? Everthing I mention is at the begining of the video, and the rest is about Word Bump incase you dont feel like watching all of it.

I hope my link works.

It sounded pretty much like what you descriped... though I cannot be too sure, since english isn't my native language... sweatdrop

Thanks for the link, anyway 3nodding  

Saryann

Star Seeker

15,975 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Love Machine 150

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:39 pm
Saryann

It sounded pretty much like what you descriped... though I cannot be too sure, since english isn't my native language... sweatdrop

Thanks for looking at it. Im just sorta sad now that my staff is just for looks. I thought I was gonna have some cool powers effects or something. crying  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:06 pm
Tookie_Mookie
Saryann

Thanks for looking at it. Im just sorta sad now that my staff is just for looks. I thought I was gonna have some cool powers effects or something. crying

Well... it will still look cool battling with it, I think 3nodding heart

Afterall... as a weapon it looks good.  

Saryann

Star Seeker

15,975 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150

Mnemolth
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:06 pm
Yeah, I agree. The use of rings-only stats for battle is.... meh.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:03 pm
I like it  

mashiroku

8,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100

Selete

Familiar Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:08 pm
Rings is kinda clever. It immediately puts the rich people at the front, but with rings, you can change your attack style whenever you like - no making a this complex character only to find that you're screwed because you didn't level up this or that stat before.

Of course, it may leave us yearning for more fingers.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:19 pm
Rings could be a nice touch but still hopefully they won't be to expensive.  

SAR101

in_the_rain_dancing
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:55 pm
SAR101

I keep seeing ALOT of rumors and speculations in the FeedBack and GCD threds that a few extremly powerful rings will be around 100 to 300k. eek

But I dont know for sure. Its seems that some rings should cost more then others so that everyone dosent get too powerful too quickly. But even at just 100k, that just too much for me to handle!
gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:59 pm
I KNOW, I THINK THE RINGS WILL BE COOL, I WILL SELL MY SOUL TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY IT  

chaosrules221

Saryann

Star Seeker

15,975 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:51 am
Tookie_Mookie
SAR101

I keep seeing ALOT of rumors and speculations in the FeedBack and GCD threds that a few extremly powerful rings will be around 100 to 300k. eek

But I dont know for sure. Its seems that some rings should cost more then others so that everyone dosent get too powerful too quickly. But even at just 100k, that just too much for me to handle!
gonk

Yup, I can surely understand what you're feeling.... It's pretty hard for me just buy donation items... and CoCo Kitty (which I'm questing right now) seems almost impossible to me... gonk Just to think prices higher than that.... sweatdrop

chaosrules221
I KNOW, I THINK THE RINGS WILL BE COOL, I WILL SELL MY SOUL TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY IT

Not sure if that's a good idea... souls don't seem to be worth of lot gold these days.... And it's pretty hard to sell soul more than once... blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:07 am
Saryann
Tookie_Mookie
I just watched a vid on YouTube by someone who taped the Q&A portion of the Gaia Panel at Otakon. Were the Admin's said only some clothing will made to help make you look like the Class you want. But an assortment of Magic Rings will be added and be the main influence in what Class you are in the Battle System. They will affect your attacks, health, abilities, everything.

So if you want to be in the Ninja Class, you could still look like a pirate or whatever else you want, as long as you have the right ring compination for the Class you want to be. And also that the weapons we have now will be mostly for style. So dose that mean that all weapons we will be getting also just be for show?

I may have some of it confused, but basicly that what I could hear from the vid since it sounds realy staticy on my speakers. xp But could anyone watch it and tell what the think or understand from it? Everthing I mention is at the begining of the video, and the rest is about Word Bump incase you dont feel like watching all of it.

I hope my link works.

im gonna agree with him ...and english is my native language  

Hizeru

Hizeru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:10 am
so what there really saying is that theres no lenveling up just the rings...o god  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:30 am
Tookie_Mookie
SAR101

gonk

100k great, something else to quest for, ontop of 42k dream avi.  

SAR101

Jolly_Raj

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:43 pm
SAR101
Tookie_Mookie
SAR101

gonk

100k great, something else to quest for, ontop of 42k dream avi.

Wow wow, wait a second. You mean 100k for only "certain" powerful rings right? Not "all" or "most" of them right? Cuz I all most poopied myself reading this, lol.

Man Im as poor as dirt, and after selling all my monthly collectable items, I'd still need another 80k to just get one ring. But I hope to God that this is only a rumor.

The Battle Arena Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff