Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tekken Force

Back to Guilds

Tags: Tekken, Fighting, Video Games, Namco, Playstation 

Reply The Tekken Force
I get my a** handed to me in Chinatown in Tekken 5 D.R.! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drilbur

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:17 pm
I get my a** handed to me in Chinatown in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection and in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 as well. Hey but i try though, especially in tekken 5 dr with my characters asuka and feng hehe. They are just amazing in tekken 5 dr, even more so with the damn ps2 controller compatibility feature >.<. Talk about side stepping gods lol jk.

Talk about
your most fun but also devastating lost in fighting games or even hardest/toughest match you have EvEr had in any fighting games whatsoever.

p.s.
i'm bummed that they have time crisis 4 in chinatown but they dont have rivalschools!!! they got friggin street fighter 2 turbo or something similar but not rivalschools! lollll  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:08 pm
CTF has got some decent competition. You should go there when they hold a tournament and Brian H from NJ shows up. Best DR player on the EC. I know a lot of those guys, they're good people. If you think they're good, you should see ATL and VA play.

NYC also has the best players in the WORLD in MvC2.  

Icege

Drilbur

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:32 am
Icege
CTF has got some decent competition. You should go there when they hold a tournament and Brian H from NJ shows up. Best DR player on the EC. I know a lot of those guys, they're good people. If you think they're good, you should see ATL and VA play.

NYC also has the best players in the WORLD in MvC2.

well then if you go there often enough,you probably seen me around. in tekken 5 dr in ctf, usually i see that guy with multiple cards with the name tidus crescent or something,and this other guy with an anna card with a crazy costume,then they got the feng wei users ( that of which i am one of) lol. this one guy was crazy sick with feng wei last time i went,he had like 30 something wins but thats nothing lol,last time this asian guy or something had like almost 50 wins with murdoc his card name was something TNY or something in it,i forgot. and in marvel the best one i'v seen was this little asian kid with glasses,short and sometimes comes in with hoody/bookbag and its obvious when he plays cause he moves like hes rocking back and fourth kind of like he is dancing lol and he beat the back guy who abuses the strider doom trap >.< like nothing.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:35 am
It's a humbling experience when you get whooped, but people shouldn't take it as something bad. It's a growing experience, and it shows you just how skilled you CAN become. Too bad there aren't many arcades around anymore, then people wouldn't have egos as high as they do.

Anyway, I've flown to Japan about a year back, and was fortunate enough to go to Sports World and play some of the top tier Japanese gamers in a few rounds of Tekken DR and Virtua Fighter.  

Stormshadow243

Icege

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:50 am
brybry409
well then if you go there often enough,you probably seen me around. in tekken 5 dr in ctf, usually i see that guy with multiple cards with the name tidus crescent or something,and this other guy with an anna card with a crazy costume,then they got the feng wei users ( that of which i am one of) lol. this one guy was crazy sick with feng wei last time i went,he had like 30 something wins but thats nothing lol,last time this asian guy or something had like almost 50 wins with murdoc his card name was something TNY or something in it,i forgot. and in marvel the best one i'v seen was this little asian kid with glasses,short and sometimes comes in with hoody/bookbag and its obvious when he plays cause he moves like hes rocking back and fourth kind of like he is dancing lol and he beat the back guy who abuses the strider doom trap >.< like nothing.

Tidus isn't bad. Don't know who the Anna user is.

Feng player is liquid. He's my teammate smile

Marduk user is MojoGoGo. He tackles a lot. Tackle > NYC for free apparently. I hear liquid > him though.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:11 pm
Icege
Marduk user is MojoGoGo. He tackles a lot. Tackle > NYC for free apparently. I hear liquid > him though.
... You're kidding, right? So if I was to tackle a lot with Dragunov, I could actually do somewhat decent with that stupid technique?
Not that tackle is stupid, but doing it over and over again is just retarded, but that's obvious enough for anyone to know.  

MoonSoo
Crew

Icege

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:13 pm
MoonSoo
Icege
... You're kidding, right? So if I was to tackle a lot with Dragunov, I could actually do somewhat decent with that stupid technique?
Not that tackle is stupid, but doing it over and over again is just retarded, but that's obvious enough for anyone to know.

Marduk's tackle and Dragunov's tackle are completely and totally different. Marduk's tackle has benefited from the new grab system where it will now "suck" people out of moves. There's also rumours that the break window was reduced. From what I heard, Mojo used to just spam tackle all day and win because of it.

Not taking anything away from him... but apparently NYC doesn't know how to play vs. Marduk.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:20 pm
Icege
Marduk's tackle and Dragunov's tackle are completely and totally different. Marduk's tackle has benefited from the new grab system where it will now "suck" people out of moves.
I know that, but wouldn't people be smart enough to counter-grab before being taken to the ground? Or do you mean that there's an actual counter-frame difference between the two?

But then again, I never really tried spamming Marduk's tackle and mount since there's is no competition for a ******** PSP DR match other than my friend, who just got into the game. While not being extremely horrible with Lee, especially for someone who's only played for about a week by now, but he lacks the knowledge of juggles and poking games. And unfortunately, that's all I got for competition.
Ghosts don't do s**t for me as well.  

MoonSoo
Crew

Icege

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:31 pm
Strider Karasu
It's a humbling experience when you get whooped, but people shouldn't take it as something bad. It's a growing experience, and it shows you just how skilled you CAN become. Too bad there aren't many arcades around anymore, then people wouldn't have egos as high as they do.

Anyway, I've flown to Japan about a year back, and was fortunate enough to go to Sports World and play some of the top tier Japanese gamers in a few rounds of Tekken DR and Virtua Fighter.

One of the reasons for the dying arcades is the fact that people are too fragile. A lot of people play the game casually and can't stand losing. Back in the day, casual players would get devastated the same, but they would keep pumping in tokens. Most of them would be determined to not win just once, but consistantly, and as a result improved hella.

Too many console warriors these days.

Moon: The tackles are different in properties. Marduk's has better range, is faster, can be cancelled out of, and leads to better options. Also, you get ONE chance to break the initial tackle. If he happens to hit you with it from more than 3 steps away, it has to be a JF break which very, very few people can do (WayGamble was probably the only one in the U.S. who could break it 80% of the time since I used to tackle him so much in T4 razz ).

Dragunov's tackle can be broken during the initial contact, AND when your opponent's back hits the ground. In fact, if it's broken then, it is REVERSED and the opponent gets a generic tackle on you. Dragunov's actual tackle has the same properties as everyone else's generic running tackle.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:32 pm
brybry409
I get my a** handed to me in Chinatown in Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection and in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 as well. Hey but i try though, especially in tekken 5 dr with my characters asuka and feng hehe. They are just amazing in tekken 5 dr, even more so with the damn ps2 controller compatibility feature >.<. Talk about side stepping gods lol jk.

Talk about
your most fun but also devastating lost in fighting games or even hardest/toughest match you have EvEr had in any fighting games whatsoever.

p.s.
i'm bummed that they have time crisis 4 in chinatown but they dont have rivalschools!!! they got friggin street fighter 2 turbo or something similar but not rivalschools! lollll

You have all tha fun xd  

Hanako Oku

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200

Drilbur

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:33 pm
Icege
brybry409

i know the feng guy isn't liquid lol,the feng guy doesn't use a feng card and he is kind of pudgey with a pudgey asian girl friend i think,idk. but like he has a paul card as well,then there is the other guy who uses friggin mokujin,the asian guy who kill with mokujin and plays kof lmao. he is especially good(the mokujin guy) with raven and paul >.<,he did that air juggle with raven on the joystick with the foward foward kick prob 3-4 times in an air juggle with no fricken problem!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:39 pm
TOKYO POP PLAYA
brybry409

Talk about

p.s.

You have all tha fun xd

lmao we meet again tokyo pop playa!!! lmao cept on a diff tekken forum topic i made lmao gonk  

Drilbur

Hanako Oku

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:09 pm
LMAO

Do you play in tourneys?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:47 pm
brybry409
Icege
brybry409

i know the feng guy isn't liquid lol,the feng guy doesn't use a feng card and he is kind of pudgey with a pudgey asian girl friend i think,idk. but like he has a paul card as well,then there is the other guy who uses friggin mokujin,the asian guy who kill with mokujin and plays kof lmao. he is especially good(the mokujin guy) with raven and paul >.<,he did that air juggle with raven on the joystick with the foward foward kick prob 3-4 times in an air juggle with no fricken problem!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basic Raven juggle = 2 knees. You can do 3 with CH d/f+3. I'm pretty sure you can even get 4 if you want to be a d**k razz

Dunno any Raven/Paul players from NYC. He's new to me.

Liquid (Feng Wei/Dragunov), Blood Red (Lei), BadMojoGoGo (Craig/Ling) and fightinggm (Lee) are prolly the best NYC players. Fab a.k.a. Rich (Steve/Bruce) is mad good too. The Realyst (Julia/Lili) was the best player, but he moved to CT.  

Icege

The Tekken Force

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces