A+ Devil Jin, Heihachi
A Kazuya, Feng
A- Anna, Ganryu, King, Jack, Julia, Marduk
B+ Asuka, Xiaoyu, Steve, Bryan, Baek, Lili, Lei,Law
B Eddy/Chr, Jin,Nina,Paul,Yoshi,Lee,Raven
B- Hwoarang, Bruce, Wang
C+ Dragonuv, Roger
C A.King, Bears

so far that the tier list that Arcadia has published so go ahead and discuss...
A= top
C= bottom  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:22 pm
What do the tiers mean? ^.^;?  

LingXiaoyu

Dixz - kyo89

Versatile Humorist

9,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:51 pm
its like a basic explanation on Whos the best and whos are the crappiest... so far in the list it appears that Armor king and the bears are the crappiest...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:11 pm
The list is alright, but personally, I feel Lee could be placed a level higher. Well, he's a pretty solid character anyways.

Take Tier Lists with a grain of salt if I were you.

Because I've seen how Filthy (I think it was him, not too sure) plays as Armor King and can get toe-to-toe with some great D. Jin users, so it just mostly depends on the skills of the player  

Time Diver

LingXiaoyu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:15 pm
kyo89
its like a basic explanation on Whos the best and whos are the crappiest... so far in the list it appears that Armor king and the bears are the crappiest...

Is this just based on how good the players playing the chars are? ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:49 pm
I disagree with the list.

After a huge discussion on TZ, this is the most accurate one we've come up with:

A+: Devil Jin, Heihachi
A: Kazuya, Bryan
A-: Feng Wei, Craig, Steve, Anna, King, Christie/Eddy, Baek, Lili, Lee
B+: Ganryu, Raven, Julia, Dragunov, Bruce, Paul
B: Nina, Jin, Wang, Asuka, Hwoarang, Law, Lei, Xiaoyu, Jack-5
B-: Roger Jr, A. King
C+: Kuma/Panda

Side note, the Japanese said Marduk was 5th in 5.0. That alone makes me doubt any Japanese tier list.

Ling: Yes AND no. Earlier tier lists are based off of results. As time goes and the game is out longer, more and more things are discovered. Ganryu was originally thought to be so-so in 5.0, only to suddenly be upper-mid tier. I'd say how good the players play comes into play earlier. The game (and series) has been out long enough though to have a solid general view.  

Icege

Dixz - kyo89

Versatile Humorist

9,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:51 pm
Icege
I disagree with the list.

After a huge discussion on TZ, this is the most accurate one we've come up with:

A+: Devil Jin, Heihachi
A: Kazuya, Bryan
A-: Feng Wei, Craig, Steve, Anna, King, Christie/Eddy, Baek, Lili, Lee
B+: Ganryu, Raven, Julia, Dragunov, Bruce, Paul
B: Nina, Jin, Wang, Asuka, Hwoarang, Law, Lei, Xiaoyu, Jack-5
B-: Roger Jr, A. King
C+: Kuma/Panda

Side note, the Japanese said Marduk was 5th in 5.0. That alone makes me doubt any Japanese tier list.

Ling: Yes AND no. Earlier tier lists are based off of results. As time goes and the game is out longer, more and more things are discovered. Ganryu was originally thought to be so-so in 5.0, only to suddenly be upper-mid tier. I'd say how good the players play comes into play earlier. The game (and series) has been out long enough though to have a solid general view.

the only one good with the bears i known is Weird/vege^ who is the PR player who is over there with Kasht playing...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:17 pm
Actually...A.King should be B, So is Dragonuv, and Jin should be A. I kno Jin's move and how others play. Too bad Jin users (other then me) doesnt kno how to use him very properly or at the right time. And hes hard to use due to the lack of low attacks and such.  

Miyavi San

Icege

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:47 am
Gacktuto San
Actually...A.King should be B, So is Dragonuv, and Jin should be A. I kno Jin's move and how others play. Too bad Jin users (other then me) doesnt kno how to use him very properly or at the right time. And hes hard to use due to the lack of low attacks and such.

No, he shouldn't.

You don't seem to know much about the game. Armour King is low because he has no real way of doing damage unless he takes more risks than other characters. He has no safe launchers, no real way to pressure, etc. The only thing he has going for him is a decent throw game.

Dragunov is my back-up character. He's mad good, but he has issues with tracking. He also gets slaughtered by Mishimas because his best range is their's.

Jin is average. The best way to play him is safe and simple. He lacks strong lows, so it's easiest to just stand the entire time. He's got some solid stuff, but he's nowhere near as good as say... Devil Jin.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:53 pm
I disagree with the first list as well. I haven't been following the developments much thus far, but I DO know that there is no way Dragunov is that low. The very fact that he has a fast, almost 100% safe launcher that leads into 60% health makes him at the very least solid mid.

Plus he's ******** Dragunov.  

Gen_Eric_Gui

MoonSoo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:12 pm
Gen_Eric_Gui
I disagree with the first list as well. I haven't been following the developments much thus far, but I DO know that there is no way Dragunov is that low.
Drag's definetely upper-mid at best. He's my left-hand man at DR (Hwoarang being my right hand ever since T5), so I'm sure Drag's definetely not low.
Hwoarang's obviously still mid.
Icege
He's got some solid stuff, but he's nowhere near as good as say... Devil Jin.
Devil Jin and Heihachi will eat your babies. Not even Chuck Norris could beat them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:20 pm
Is that list(not the Japanese)in order from left to right?  

Ayane Kriyo

Gen_Eric_Gui

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:00 am
All the lists are in order from left to right.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:56 am
Ayane Kriyo
Is that list(not the Japanese)in order from left to right?

Mine? No.  

Icege

SugarHighLu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:21 am
and hear this. Tier lists are based on the ease of use of each character. meaning assume that both players have the same ability. same experience. same knowledge/knowhow of the game.

It is relevant but only to a certain extent. I'm sure you guys have seen low tier users beat the crap out of some mishimas. so there~  
The Tekken Force

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff