Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sword of Truth Guild, For Terry Goodkind Fans!

Back to Guilds

"Choose, then. With us or not. But choose this day for all time." 

Tags: truth, sword, richard, series, goodkind 

Reply Legend of the Seeker Discussion
OMG OMG A SoT TV SERIES Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think?
  What is Terry thinking?
  It's about time!
View Results

miti_mouse
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:19 am
Don't have much info on it yet, but SoT will be made into a series, and will be directed by Spiderman 3 director Sam Raimi. Looking for more details if you have  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:48 am
we already knew about it. sweatdrop  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:50 pm
Im looking for details myself.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:44 am
o.o mitty kitty! n.n -cuddlywuddles the kitty-  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

DarkRubberDucky

3,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:46 pm
I hope they get it right. It would really suck if they had bad actors, writers, etc. Can't wait.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:13 am
I dunno if Dolf Lundgren would do it, though I hope he would... he's ripped. o.O

Problem is, the only reason he acts is for money, 'cause he has a degree in engineering and has recently gotten his sixth or seventh Dan in martial arts, which makes him deadly in real life. n.n  

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:48 pm
To be honest, i really REALLY hope they don't make SOT into a tv series, movie, game, etc. That would destroy the entire fantasy world i have in my head. Just like what happened with Harry Potter. Now i don't care for it anymore, but when i was just reading the books, I was into it.

And if you've looked into the interviews, terry very clearly explains many times that he doesn't make detailed maps or anything because he believes that the reader show be able to put together Richard's in their own head guided by the details presented in the books. terry is very against anything of this kind. i can't believe he would go through with it.

And i know that if he does, I will be forced by my own self to go see it cause......well, i would just have to!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:07 pm
After Sam Raimi read both Wizard's First Rule and Stone of Tears in their entirety, he met with Terry and they discussed what could be done about turning the books into a movie. Sam didn't want to ruin the series by having to cut things out of the books which otherwise would be done if the movie was made. Instead they decided to be able to do a mini series on the Sci-fi channel.

After many hours of discussion between the two, they came to an agreement that Sam would at least do the first two books in the series. Now, for those that don't know, having a big director like Sam Raimi read an entire book is extremely rare. With the way their schedules become, the most they get to read from a script is twenty pages and then they decide if they want to produce it or not. Sam Raimi said that he loved the way that Terry portrayed a clear line between good and evil.

This was all said by Terry during the Phantom gathering in Las Vegas,NV July 29,2006

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

Platinum_Behemoth252
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:31 pm
Ah i see, interesting, it may very well turn out to be good. At least i hope it does or the SoT fanatics may rise up as one and crucify raimi  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:38 pm
And I will be first in line.

Lophus Rahl

Enduring Gaian

Hitokiri Methos

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:22 pm
I will not be very far behind.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:12 pm
i don't think there will be a line for this crucifiction, just a wall of people cause everyone will want to be up front for it.

i know I would be.  

First Wizard Zorander
Vice Captain

Rahli

Distinct Lunatic

2,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Loiterer 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:49 am
I'd watch it, no doubt about it. I'm a dedicated fan. I'd at least give it the biggest benefit of the doub that I could.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 9:37 pm
Always thought it would be a good series on Sci Fi. THEN I CAN WEAR MY MORD SITH COSTUME TO COMICON!!!!!!! YAY!  

Phanari

Taro Momiji
Crew

Dapper Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:22 am
I'd watch from afar, 'cause I'm sure the fans of Sam Raimi's work would come crucify you all for doing that and I dun wanna get hurties all over me. u.u -hides- o.o  
Legend of the Seeker Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff