Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Creator of Destruction

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:16 pm
Has anyone else been reading the new Godchild manga that recently came to the US? It's a continuation of the Cain Saga, and it's highly addictive, as are all of Yuki-dono's brilliant works. I was just wondering if anyone knew when volume three was coming out? Also, any comments and thoughts on the series thus far.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:41 pm
There's a pretty old chat about it in the Count Cain thread if you want to continue it, but you can voice your ideas here too :3

Yeah I've read it, personally I like it more than the older Count Cain. Its more cohesive, more to the point, more poignant than the meandering of the first few arcs.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Creator of Destruction

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:25 pm
Yeah, it really does get straight into it. I like the mystery of it a lot, the way that even though you kind of know what's going on, it still manages to keep you wondering about people's intentions and the like. I also adore the relationship between Cain and Riff, or Cain and Maryweather. He seems to have an interesting effect on the other characters in the series.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:48 pm
i have trouble finding "count cain" where i live. crying but i do love "godchild" biggrin it keeps me interested when i forget my meds(really. no cracks about ADHD there... b/c it really does), which very few things can do.  

Irys the Flame

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:57 am
iris_flame
i have trouble finding "count cain" where i live. crying but i do love "godchild" biggrin it keeps me interested when i forget my meds(really. no cracks about ADHD there... b/c it really does), which very few things can do.

Count Cain hasn't been released in English yet, so yeah it'd be tough to get unless you had a Japanese bookstore around or a way to order online ^_^;

But soon!! Viz has the rights already ::nods::

And that's the power of good storytelling, ne, keeps you sucked in until the end...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:59 pm
Count Cain is finally coming to America? I love Viz! And of course it keeps you interested, it is the power of Yuki-dono's ability and talent. Also, does anyone know some Yuki-dono scanlation sites? I checked out the ones in the other thread, but none of them seem to be working.  

Creator of Destruction

6,600 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Bemused Dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:42 pm
Actually I saw the first volume of Count Cain (Forgotten Juliet) at Barnes and Noble sometime last Friday I think... The thing I loved about it though, was that it was packaged! (Tangent time!) I going to the bookstores and looking for manga only to find them creased or bent after people carelessly read them or put them back after reading them. Yes, the neatness of my manga is a bit of an obsession for me.... yeah.

But yea, was a surprise for me. I'm also rather fond of the God Child series more so than the older Count Cain. The little individual stories could have been so, SO much more interesting (they already are though) if she had kind of fleshed them out so that we loved the characters. Would have been nice if she had also threaded them together into her plot, too. Still a lovely read though.

I download stuff off of IRC more than directly from internet sites. However, I think most sites would have gotten rid AS or her Count Cain series.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:36 am
Personally, I'm only buying the Count Cain series so if I want to read it, I don't need to go on my comp to do so. The only releases I'm dying to read are Godchild 3 and onward 'cause those are the stories that Sakura Crisis didn't have up  

LolitaxOtome

Seliece

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:06 pm
I am, I am! heart

I love it so far! Especially Cain =3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:32 pm
i like Godchild  

Kyouka_Maiden_Rei

Bunni Rena

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:56 am
the cain saga's art work was not up to par with her other works, i was alittle dissapointed.... i still haven't read the rest of it, it was hard to get thru what little i did... i bought it expecting the world adn all i got was a small town! >.< although i did just recently get the last GodChild! woot! *drools* cain is soooo dead sexy!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:46 pm
Bunni-Rena
the cain saga's art work was not up to par with her other works, i was alittle dissapointed.... i still haven't read the rest of it, it was hard to get thru what little i did... i bought it expecting the world adn all i got was a small town! >.< although i did just recently get the last GodChild! woot! *drools* cain is soooo dead sexy!

The Cain saga was one of her earliest works, so her art was only beginning to evolve...
You can see how much she really develops in AS.
THe art style gets cripser and cleaner and more complex from volume one to the last volume.
And she carries over her developed art style in the God Child arc.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Avogadros Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:58 pm
I have been buying and reading Godchild but I never actually read Count Cain. I really would like to and am happy that Viz finally licensed it but Im scared to buy it because its rated M and Im not sure whether the sales person would bring that up to my mom who would go insane and be all like, "why is this rated M?! What are you reading?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:08 pm
kawaii.milkshake
I have been buying and reading Godchild but I never actually read Count Cain. I really would like to and am happy that Viz finally licensed it but Im scared to buy it because its rated M and Im not sure whether the sales person would bring that up to my mom who would go insane and be all like, "why is this rated M?! What are you reading?"

Count Cain is not mature rating material, really.

God Child has more taboo material than Count Cain.

Why don't you flip through it in the bookstore to check if there's any material that is particularly objectionable first, if there isn't you can buy it and if your mom freaks, you can be like "Look, there's nothing in here to get upset about."

Viz's rating system is really inconsistant (like everything else they do) and inaccurate.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Model Rocketry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:43 am
Sai-kun
Bunni-Rena

The Cain saga was one of her earliest works, so her art was only beginning to evolve...
You can see how much she really develops in AS.
THe art style gets cripser and cleaner and more complex from volume one to the last volume.
And she carries over her developed art style in the God Child arc.

Yeah, the art in Godchild is a lot better. When I read Count Cain I couldn't tell who was who and what was going on.  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff