Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Ear Piercings
Don't mean to repeat, but Stretching question.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Misanthropic Tendencies

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:08 am

We writhed under a red light

I knooow, There's another stretching thread, but I didn't want to barge in and start asking about my own s**t. I tried to absorb as I much as I could based on what was already there, though.

Alright, I really want 'gauges'. Though I don't think that's proper terminology; rather, I want to stretch one of my holes.
My questions/dilemmas over this;

a) What the heck is a taper? >.<
b) How exactly do you stretch your hole? I understand that you raise the gauge of the post, but how does it fit? Do you force it in? ((that doesn't sound right))
c) How do you know where exactly to stretch if you have multiple holes?
d) What do you think the chances are that my parents will notice if I don't go past 4ga? ((I think that's proper unti/terminology. I checked a chart I found >.<))
d) I don't know the current gauge of my piercings. They're just normal earrings.
e) All of my piercings were done with a gun, as they were done considerably before I came to understand the stupidity of that method. I don't know if that makes any difference.

Help, please? It shall be much appreciated.
heart

Voodoo smile; Siamese twins

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:01 am
Don't say you want gauges, say you want to stretch your (insert piercing here). Gauge is a measurement
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Those are tapers. Lube it up with Aand D ointment(diaper rash) and insert the smaller end into your piercing and slide it in slowly. It's going to sting. Try not to stretch more than one size at a time. Uh, you don't choose where you piercing stretches. My girlfriends parents didn't notice until she got to 8.2mm (0 gauge). Standard ear piercings are 20 or 18 gauge. Gun doesn't make a difference.  

Terragar

Misanthropic Tendencies

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:22 pm

Thanks for replying to begin with.

Alright, well, that looks semi ******** painful.

I'm assuming I have to push it in all the way to the bar around? And I'm also assuming I find a taper in a tattoo/piercing parlor...

Though uh, how long am I supposed to keep a taper in?

((I'm sorry if I sound utterly ignorant.))

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:23 pm
most high end tapers will have a recessed backing, so you can follow the jewelry through flawlessly. You don't actually wear the taper, its just to stretch to the next size without just forcing the blunt end of a piece of jewelry through your ear.  

Terragar

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:21 pm
also, as far as i know, it's not supposed to hurt like a b***h if you do it right. there will be stinging but if you don't skip guages and you wait long enough in between each guage, you shouldn't be in excruciating pain.(meaning, if you do it and you ARE in a lot of actual pain then u need to stop and listen to your body)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:23 pm
Misanthropic Tendencies

Thanks for replying to begin with.

Alright, well, that looks semi ******** painful.

I'm assuming I have to push it in all the way to the bar around? And I'm also assuming I find a taper in a tattoo/piercing parlor...

Though uh, how long am I supposed to keep a taper in?

((I'm sorry if I sound utterly ignorant.))

Those look painful because they are so large. You should ask for either a 16g or 14g taper to start off with. They are relatively close in size, so it doesn't matter which you go to stretching wise. 14ga may be slightly more painful (and by painful I mean a stinging sensation) than 16ga if your holes are smaller/tight.

And "large gauge jewelry" is a better term than "gauges," to be general, since not everything is a plug or flesh tunnel.  

Warninglv100
Crew

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces