Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Banzai and Gin

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

]Impetigo[

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:19 pm
INT-SMALL APARTMENT IN MIDSTS OF TOKYO-MID AFTERNOON

We see two girls, in early to mid- twenties, sprawled in one beat up red armchair and one beige sofa. Both girls are curled up with a book, and both are reading quietly. The taller one, snuggled into the armchair, has hair in a fading shade of purple, with blonde showing at the roots, and is wearing a soccer hoodie and long track pants. She is reading a novel with a sadistic looking goth girl on the cover, and slightly smirks at the print from time to time. The shorter girl, with curly blonde hair and very dark clothing, is reading her book backwards, and at a closer glance we see that the book is a manga, featuring the title character and his large sword on the front. Aside from the FLIP sound the pages make as they turn every few moments, and the HONK of horns on the highway not too far from the apartment, the room is silent.

The first girl is named BANZAI, the second GIN. They are college seniors, and roommates.

BANZAI
How’s the manga?

GIN
Fairly good, actually…for a shojo that is. What about Sweetblood?

BANZAI
I’ve read it about a thousand times before. Never gets old.

GIN
(teasingly)
Huh. Soooooo…how’s Mohawk dude?

BANZAI
(bitterly)
“Mohawk-dude” is just fine, thanks very much.

GIN
(smugly)
Reeeeeeeeeeally now? Any dates planned?

BANZAI
(defensively)
No! We’re just friends!

GIN
Okay, I believe you…but really, you could do a lot worse than Mohawk-dude.

BANZAI
(sighing)
Would you PLEASE stop calling him that!

GIN
No! I refuse!

Banzai opens mouth to reply vehemently, but thinks better, and returns to book. After a few moments, Gin does so as well, and the apartment is silent once more. Then the BUZZ of the doorbell is heard. Banzai is quickly on her feet, and to the door before Gin can react.

We now see a tall guy standing at front door. He is even ganglier than Banzai, and is wearing clothes that are very skater boy-ish. His hair is bright red, and styled into a Mohawk. Gin refers to him as MOHAWK-DUDE, although his real name is Ryan.

MOHAWK-DUDE
Wassup, Banzai?

BANZAI
Hey, Ryan. I’m fine.

MOHAWK-DUDE
(blushing profusely)
So, um, listen, Banzai…wanna go to the park? I mean, I understand if you have something planned for today or if you have classes, but it’s such a nice da-

BANZAI
(bluntly)
It’s fine with me. Can Gin come?

GIN
(hurriedly)
Leave me outta this.

BANZAI
Scratch that.

MOHAWK-DUDE
So, you’ll go?

BANZAI
Yea, sure I’ll go. Can I bring a book?

MOHAWK-DUDE
Sure. Bring anything you want.

BANZAI
Great! Will you wait outside the door for a moment?

Banzai closes door on Mohawk-dude before he can reply. Quickly, she rushes for the bathroom.

GIN
(teasing once more)
Oooooh, somebody’s got a hot date!

BANZAI
Can it, you vile creature.

GIN
I REGRET NOTHING!!!

Banzai grabs a brush and runs it through her hair several times, then after giving her outfit a once over, decides she is appropriately dressed for a walk in the park. She dashes out of the bathroom, and on her way to the door, grabs a large hardback book, as well as her wallet, which she stuffs in her pocket.

She slips on her shoes, and puts on a small smile, before opening the apartment door. Mohawk-dude is still standing where she left him, and grins back at her.

As soon as Banzai has left, Gin stands up, and begins hopping around, yelling the following:

GIN
PARTY UP IN HERE! PARTY! PARTY! PARTY!

View switches to Banzai’s, who suddenly shudders, as if she has been hit with a wave of impending d00m™.

BANZAI
(muttering)
Ugh, I was the one that left her alone…

MOHAWK-DUDE
Something wrong?

BANZAI
(reassuring herself and Mohawk-dude)
Nah, it’s probably nothing…

There is an awkward pause hanging in the air, and both Banzai and Mohawk-dude try their best to ignore it, therefore stretching it out longer.

The day is slightly nippy, since it is the middle of October, and several people are enjoying the brisk fall air, as they roam the park’s various pathways, walking dogs and small children. Occasionally, one comes upon a pair of lovers walking the path, holding hands, and whispering sweet nothings to one another. Banzai watches the lovers enviously, glancing at Mohawk-dude out of the corner of her eye as soon as the couple has passed.

BANZAI
Lotta couples out today, isn’t there? Usually I just see the dog-walkers.

MOHAWK-DUDE
A great man once said “We perceive what we wish to perceive.”

BANZAI
I suppose. But a purple-haired girl once said “That doesn’t mean that I havta like it.”

The two laugh slightly, before lapsing into silence for a while. This silence is a little more comfortable than the last.

We switch back to Gin’s point of view. The small apartment has been crammed with as many people as possible, mostly college guys with kegs. A stereo is pounding out a THUMPING rhythm. Gin stands in the middle of the room, with one large bottle of saké, attempting to drink it down in one shot. Her cheeks show two large blotches of color, and she is surrounded by people cheering her on. Gin finishes off the bottle, and holds it up high, before crashing it to the ground. The crowd bursts into a crashing applause, lifting her up into the air, and carrying her around the room. Gin is laughing her head off, and enjoying every minute of her impromptu party.

The landlady is frantically POUNDING on her ceiling with a broom, but everyone assumes it is part of the music, and the dancing masses continue onwards.

Back with Banzai, Mohawk-dude has walked her home to her apartment. The two of them have just come back from a Western-style restaurant, and have actually enjoyed their time together. Banzai waves cheerfully to Mohawk-dude, and watches him walk away. Then Banzai hears the thumping noise…

Hurriedly, she rushes for her apartment, passing a very pissed off landlady on her way up, ignoring her scolding as she does so. Banzai opens the door to her apartment, and finds the place crammed with half-wasted teenagers.

Banzai can only look on with shock for a few moments, but then she has her hardcover book out. She raises it above her head, and yells

BANZAI
EVERYBODY, OUT!!!!!

Then, Banzai rushes into battle, tossing the boozers out, clonking heads together, but mostly smashing the drunken masses with her book. Now we gain an understanding of why it is so battered.

Soon the party is over, and all but Banzai and Gin have left.

Banzai unplugs the stereo, and glares murderously at her irresponsible roommate.

GIN
(squeakily)
…sorry?

Banzai sighs, and grabs a broom from the closet. She begins cleaning up. By the time she gets a chance to talk to Gin, her roommate has passed out on the sofa.

She looks at her friend, and wonders why she puts up with so much. Then, she smiles, and reclines in the armchair.

Soon the apartment is silent once more. The lights slowly fade to black.

---

This was an attempt at writing an actual screenplay, in the correct format. Noises and names are in all caps.

FEEDBACK APPRECIATED!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:39 pm
I like it, but can you really get a party together that fast?
Great visuals though.  

d e s d e m o n o
Crew

Rosealean

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:29 pm
I really liked it and thought it was quite funny when Banzai was bashing drunk people with her book...It made me chuckle to myself.

I feel that it was very well written, though I don't really know much about writing screenplays.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:42 am
Heh, I'm so going to
draw this over break!

Ablepsy

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out