Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Queen of Decadence

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

May I ask for your...
  ...opinions?
  ...suggestions?
  ...opinions and suggestions?
View Results

Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:06 am
They met at a ball. She was beautiful like a porcelain doll, had perfectly oval face, faultless complexion, black,long curls, pretty smile and unearthly eyes. She looked dazing in a gown in the colour of red roses. Her voice was extraordinarily sweet and laughter quite quiet but sounding like silver bells. She was perfect.
A beautiful face wasn't all that enchanted him. Her manners were blameless and moves very graceful. She was also very intelligent and witty. He always dreamt about a woman like her, so he decided to strike up a closer acquaintance.
It seemed that she liked him as well, she treated him with a great kindness, courtesy and liking. When it was time for them to part, they made a date of another meeting. He didn't hear what other people at the ball were silently talking about.
They met many times later, their acquaintance was getting closer and closer. At last she invited him for a dinner at her place. For him it was like an invintation to heaven.
He came with a bunch of beautiful red roses. She was delighted with them. She led him to the dining room, where was already waiting delicious-looking dinner and two glasses of red wine. He helped her to sit, she smiled at him. They ate dinner, rose their glasses. She observed him drinking wine from under half-closed eyelids...
He woke up in a dark, cool place. His head was aching him and he didn't know what happened. With an amazement he noticed that he was dressed in tight, leather pants. He looked outside through a window. It was still evening. Or maybe it was a day later already? He didn't know.
Suddenly he heard tapping of heels, somebody was deliberately approaching his prison. After a while the door opened and his dream girl came in, accompanied by some big guy in a suit. He could hardly recognize her. Beautiful face of a porcelain doll and long curls stayed the same, but the whole rest was different. The girl was dressed in a leather corset, a miniskirt and high-heeled boots with tops reaching over her knees. On her hands she had elbow-long gloves and on her wrists and neck were shining metal spikes. She smiled at him.
"I'm glad you're awake already", she said. Seeing a question in his eyes, she began to explain the situation. "I liked you that evening at the ball. I liked you this much that I wished to keep you. Don't say anything, let me finish. What was I saying...Oh, yes, I know. In your eyes and behaviour I saw that you wanted to be with me. May it happen, then. You will stay with me, you will stay with me forever!", she said and laughed. Her laughter sounded like the laughter of a Succubus.
He always saw a queen in her. She was a queen, indeed. She was the Queen of Decadence.

Another story inspired by a song. This time it was Schwarz Stein's "Queen of Decadence". Feedback of any sort is more than welcome, as always. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:30 am
Beautiful face wasn't everything that enchanted him in her.

That sentence is awkward. And incomplete, it needs an article.

But other than that it was quite good. I kind of predicted the ending, but I was partially wrong...I thought she was going to kill him.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Xahmen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:33 am
gonk
My what an interesting story idea.
I like the fact that you used decadence correctly.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:35 pm
ooh, Will there be a second part? or is this just a short story?  

Oukow

Kattie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:25 pm
Oukow

There is a second part. I will post it soon. 3nodding
Thank you for your feedback, everyone.

@Waffles: I'll try to correct that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:18 pm
Kattie
Oukow

There is a second part. I will post it soon. 3nodding
Thank you for your feedback, everyone.

@Waffles: I'll try to correct that. sweatdrop

yay  

Oukow

]Impetigo[

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:09 pm
Spastic waffles
I kind of predicted the ending, but I was partially wrong...I thought she was going to kill him.

O__O I thought she was gonna rape him!

Really creepy. I haven't ever listened to "Queen of Decadence", but it sounds...interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:37 pm
I really liked this, especially the ending! ^_^ I read the second part first on accident, but now it makes more sense, and is delightful! ^_^  

Rosealean

Ice-Blue Stars

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:12 pm
I liked the story line, but the wording, how you changed from using proper english to more relaxed slang kind off-set the message. If this was purposeful, then I apologise.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:50 pm
Ice-Blue Stars
I liked the story line, but the wording, how you changed from using proper english to more relaxed slang kind off-set the message. If this was purposeful, then I apologise.

Hm...Yeah, I guess I should have paid more attention. sweatdrop  

Kattie

Ice-Blue Stars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:56 pm
Kattie
Ice-Blue Stars

Hm...Yeah, I guess I should have paid more attention. sweatdrop

Well, I didn't know if you did that on purpose or not. I have been learningin my english class about syntax and diction and it's effect on the story. Your use of slang makes the story less urgent, more relaxed, as if the events that would follow aren't as bad as they are described. Just a thought....  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:19 pm
I like it, can't wait for pt. II  

[ In Nomine Satanas ]

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas