Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Christian Music Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sinak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:35 pm
I would like to say first that I intend this to be your opinion on Christian music, that is why I didn't put it in the topic 'MUSIC'.

With that said, do you like Christian music?

I like some of it even if I don't believe it.

If you don't, I think you should hear a song or two by The Newsboys or Rich Mullin.

They are both great.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:42 pm
nah.  

oioioi182

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:43 pm
My cousin once had this song that was about being a hamburger. Cause you're Gods hamburger and he makes you how he wants you and also loves you so much he eats you, or something along those lines. It was a funny song, but now that I think back about it... Its kinda creepy... I don't want to be eaten by giant imaginary creepys.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:19 pm
I have yet to hear a Christian song I liked.  

Lethkhar

Sinak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:23 pm
PickleBoy
My cousin once had this song that was about being a hamburger. Cause you're Gods hamburger and he makes you how he wants you and also loves you so much he eats you, or something along those lines. It was a funny song, but now that I think back about it... Its kinda creepy... I don't want to be eaten by giant imaginary creepys.
Thats kinda like the song Breakfast by The Newsboys
like the name says.... Breakfast  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:37 pm
I have yet to find any "modern" christian music that I like (that includes Creed). But I love Southern Baptist Gospel music. That s**t makes me laugh and want to sing the name JESUS as loud as I can. blaugh If you have ever seen "White Men Can't Jump" remember the song the three old men are singing in the begining, and you'll have an idea of the kind of music I like (well, as far as christian music is concerned).  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

EmmaRaikou

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:51 pm
Creed is considered a Christian group?

I seriously never knew that. Dx  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:13 pm
Hmmm... i didnt know that either  

Sinak

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:53 am
Honesly, Christian bands tend to be some of the best when it comes to vocals IMO, but the message is almost always the EXACT SAME THING. There isn't any real soul to the lyrics.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:41 pm
addseale2
Honesly, Christian bands tend to be some of the best when it comes to vocals IMO, but the message is almost always the EXACT SAME THING. There isn't any real soul to the lyrics.

They just take love songs and change the worlds "baby" and "darling" to "jesus"...  

Lethkhar

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:58 am
Lethkhar
addseale2

They just take love songs and change the worlds "baby" and "darling" to "jesus"...
South park? xD  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:45 pm
The only time I hear christian music, it's during commercials on TV for that 'Songs 4 Worship' CD series, and I change the channel. Even if they weren't singing about God or faith, I still wouldn't like it because I don't like the music style.

Xiporah

RandomFunctionality

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:41 am
Christian music is just plain cheasy. South park has the final word on that! lol, but seriously  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:21 am
addseale2
Lethkhar
addseale2

South park? xD

But of course. xd  

Lethkhar

contessa-miseria

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:03 am
Sorry, I'm agnostic but I enjoy gospel music with some pretty african-american voice singing it. *loves aretha franklin*  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff